Activision Donates $1 Million to Veterans' Foundation

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Kalezian said:
but OT, way to go Activision, now you will give the PC fanboys more ammo with "They could of used that money to put in dedicated servers!!111!!11oneoneoneeleven!"
I seriously believe no one will say that. This is a PR trick, a good one at that, with a kind spirit, but it won't change Activision's image towards fans and gamers.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
ToonLink said:
*standing ovation* As an army kid, this brings a smile to my face. Well played Activision, well played.
God I can't believe some people actually buy into this PR crap.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Well at least Activision is trying to not be evil anymore. (Also, is that an ARMY DOG?)
No, that is a Gun-Appended Canine Unit, just with the gun unappended for civilian interaction.

It's cool to see Activision try and mitigate their evil, but it sucks to see people using this as a place to talk about the server issue.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I still can't comprehend Activision being nice!

There must be some secret plot here....yes....yes...it all makes sense now!

On a more serious note it's nice they decided to do something with all that money as opposed to making shittier games that people still buy anyway.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
It's a great thing that they're doing, and i reall appreciate it, but my cynical side won't stop rearing his ugly head. Blizzard makes what, about 165 million a month with World of Warcraft, and Modern Warfare 2 is projecting to be near 7 million in first day sales, with $60 a game... am i the only one who thinks it isn't really that much by comparison?

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Terramax said:
ToonLink said:
*standing ovation* As an army kid, this brings a smile to my face. Well played Activision, well played.
God I can't believe some people actually buy into this PR crap.
And i cant believe idiots like you would say something like this JUST to get a rise outta people.

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
uppitycracker said:
That still doesn't excuse what they did to the PC
You know, I was pretty pissed off about the PC treatment.

But if you weigh that against $1 million to a Veteran's foundation, I think the $1 million kinda wins out.