Activision Prices Call of Duty Elite

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wow... Just wow.

The words escape me. Seriously this is so mindbogglingly wrong that there literally are no words I can make to properly express it.

I think I will try to make a series of grunts and see if that works.....

lwjkfowkljfokjldsf ljsdlkjs iopr plsvklkfwruilvjkslv

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
AmaterasuGrim said:
The hardened comes with elite sub right whats stopping people from buying multi copies of hardened and keeping the code returning it even buying two you could return one with a used code...
How about the retailer's ability to invalidate game codes?

OT: Ridiculous idea. Hope to see it crash and burn like the bollox it is.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I guess if you're really into CoD, that's not a terrible deal. It's considerably cheaper than WoW (yeah, WoW has a ton more content, but if people find something about CoD worth playing for years and years, more power to them).

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Aaaand using yahoo finance's exchange calculator...that's £31.

Yes, they're asking £9 shy of the price of an annual xbox live gold subscription for what is essentially everything Bungie.net does for free plus early access to over expensive map packs (yes I bought all the black ops ones, but the zombie maps make it worthwhile) and some glorified youtube montages.

It will make me verrry sad if a significant amount of people pay for this. Which they will. *sigh*

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
i love how you people are going "OMG 31 POUNDS for a year" Yet for a full year sub to WoW is around 5 pound a month which = 50 POUNDS....

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
Bungie pro = cod elite = battelog
Price= 8 + 50 + 0

HMM i think based on the complicated maths above that that's a rip off of epic proportions
first i thought activation was being stupid with 15 dollar maps but now it seems that the stupid people were fired for total Retards

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

50$ for stuff that others comapnies do for free? so what if they give you free DLCs it's still not worth the money,activision never changes.

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Scrustle said:
If you pay us a yearly subscription you can pay us for map packs before everyone else!
This is a great summary of my thoughts on this new shtick. Except that it's not a shtick, and if the early numbers suggest anything, it is that this might be massively popular and more publishers adopting this model.

Sonicron said:
... "Hardened Edition"?
That's just wrong on sooooo many levels, and made worse by the fact that parents will shell out cash so their kids can enjoy the Hardened goodness too!
They could have called it the "Veteran Edition" or the "Warrior Edition" for the same effect but minus the innuendo. I wish I was at the marketing meeting when someone suggested to go with the "hardened" edition just to troll their fans.

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
fare777 said:
i love how you people are going "OMG 31 POUNDS for a year" Yet for a full year sub to WoW is around 5 pound a month which = 50 POUNDS....
that's access to a massive online game this is access to stats you have already have access to this should be 5 dollars a year tops and to top it off wow is real value for money you can never finish it you can only check you stats for a few minutes every day before you know them all

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Each article I've seen about Elite does not mention anything about Activision run servers. Is it safe to assume that the game will continue with hosts (AKA The Guy who can't be killed due to hosting)? I'd gladly pay this amount with a giant smile on my face if they just added servers run by Activision into the mix.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Davih said:
So they want $50 for you to be able to give them $15 earlier than other people will? Sorry what? Am I missing the point completely?
You get the DLC free....

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Considering that this nets you every piece of DLC, it's not SO bad... It kinda sucks that you can't purchase monthly installments of the service. Still, $49.99 is a lot of money for what's essentially an overpriced pre-order for the already overpriced MW3 map packs, something that could be better spent on say... another game.

That being said, this makes the Hardened version a definite buy for me when I inevitably get the cash.

Davih

May 7, 2011
Korten12 said:
Davih said:
So they want $50 for you to be able to give them $15 earlier than other people will? Sorry what? Am I missing the point completely?
You get the DLC free....
Even so it requires 4 map packs a year to be a viable choice IMO.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I just don't like the brazen cockyness of COD now.

side question is it early access to dlc or the dlc itself. Who pays 50 bucks for access to 15 dollar map packs?

Save your money for steam developer packs, you can buy like 20 games for 70 bucks.

I don't think mw3 even has the standard 10% off retail price for prebuying on steam atm.

I'd say vote with your wallets, but I find to many CoD people don't care to vote, or are chipping in their opinion with mommies gold card.

Its like when people voted to cap damages on civil lawsuits, after that woman burned herself to the bone with mcdonalds coffee, had to get skin graphs, and had to sue them for a couple mil to take care of medical bills and assisted living.

People fell into the advertising of "Jack pot justice" and frivoulus lawsuits, so now if a company wrecks your shit you get like 20k and they walk off scott free.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
So let me get this straight. Not only do you have to pay for stat tracking and other things but you also have to pay for map packs which are outrageously priced anyways? Fuck that shit.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
So let me get this straight. Not only do you have to pay for stat tracking and other things but you also have to pay for map packs which are outrageously priced anyways? Fuck that shit.
That's not straight at all. Had you read the article, you would have seen this part:
The service will also include previously-detailed free functionality like custom leaderboards, detailed stats, Facebook integration and apps for iOS and Android that allow players to customize their online loadouts.
And as far as paying for early access to map packs;
Yes. The annual subscription to Call of Duty Elite is an all-inclusive membership, and that means you get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 downloadable content, including all of the MW3 map packs and more as part of your premium membership. No need to buy additional DLC.
Source [http://www.callofduty.com/elite/faq]

If you people have to hate something, at least try to be logical about it.
Oh, who am I kidding? It's CoD hate.

OT: Honestly, with the plan to release 2-3 DLCs per month for Elite users, the Hardened edition might just be the way to go. After a few months, it'll have paid for itself.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Who in their right mind would pay for this? It sounds like such a huge scam.