Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys

SuperSam150

Nov 18, 2009
I love how they have "activision blizzard" up there.
Its like "Hey, we're complete douchebags but we have quite a lot of shares in a decent company, so like us!"

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
Activision's plan

Step 1. Ruin Reputation
Step 2. Lie profusely
Step 3. Genocide
Step 4. ????
Step 5. Profit!!

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
Look Activision...Or whatever you want to be called now..There is a problem when you NEED to come out and say "We are nice guys! Honest!"

And it isn't that we hate all the people in your company. Heck, people themselves are usually alright, and don't usually embody evil like people want to think they do.

HOWEVER, there is a problem when you seem to be blatantly cashing in on repeat series games. I understand that it is a market, and that you are most concerned with good money to feed families in the company/Blah Blah Blah. What it comes down to is trading off that almighty dollar for other things, in this particular instance your reputation. Yes, CoD and all that franchise is doing great things for you money wise, but I imagine that you wouldn't have as much hate coming your way if things were not for dangerously similar CoD games coming out with simply stronger multiplayer.

Again....back to my original note. When you NEED to come out and say "We are nice guys! Honest!" There is a much deeper problem than telling people you are OK.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Dr. Paine said:
I don't know if I can forgive you for showing me that. I know, I know, you're just the messenger, but my lord that picture is painful to behold.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
If a guy starts getting edged out of a group of friends, chances are its because he's a dick, not because they're all wrong about him.

Think about it, Activision.

Apr 28, 2008
These are the guys who dropped Brutal Legend because it couldn't be exploited every year. They instead kept Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age, and Spyro.

Fun-loving my ass.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
I think its a little late

After the IW fiasco, 15 dollar map packs, and the idea of making people PAY just to play multiplayer on a service that I already pay for I think it going to take a lot more than your reassurances to make people change their minds.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Most publishers are exactly like them, this guys just have the power to do more crap then the others.

Irridium said:
These are the guys who dropped Brutal Legend because it couldn't be exploited every year. They instead kept Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age, and Spyro.

Fun-loving my ass.
The problem with Crash and Spyro is that Activision milks the crap out of them and both lost their magic a long time ago because of that. If they too more time with each game and made the games with more "soul" they would still be good.

And dont worry about Brutal Legend, it may be for the best, Double Fine is great at bringing new and creative worlds and I wouldnt want them to get stuck on a single universe. I like the game but think of what comes next.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Hey, it's okay Activision. When people are hating, just remember one thing and smile: At least you aren't EA. Those guys are true scumbags. I laugh every time someone says that EA has gotten better. EA does the same crap they always did, but now with more nasty DRM for your PC games.

Irridium said:

Fun-loving my ass.
Hey, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro WERE great fun back in the day. If they found the right developer, they could be fun again. And that would be so much more fun than Brutal Legend could ever provide (but that could just be my own personal distaste for Jack Black factoring in).

Sadly, Toys for Bob is not the right developer. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure can take its expensive action figure gimmick and go die in a fire.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Truly-A-Lie said:
Dr. Paine said:
I don't know if I can forgive you for showing me that. I know, I know, you're just the messenger, but my lord that picture is painful to behold.
It's better looking than the actual thing in game. I know, I know, that's hard to believe, but just trust me on this one. However, I apologize for making people remember what Activision has done to our beloved purple dragon.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Irridium said:

Fun-loving my ass.
Wait...people are putting Jack Black Legend above Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
Sorry Dan, but you're disillusioned if you really believe that. Start risking on new IPs instead of churning out sequel after sequel and watering down series, and I'll start to believe you.
That and stop letting Kotick speak in public.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
irishda said:
Irridium said:

Fun-loving my ass.
I'd put it above what they're doing to Spyro.

Apr 28, 2008
irishda said:
Irridium said:

Fun-loving my ass.
Have you seen whats been done to Spyro and Crash?

With Crash they seem to have at least let him die. With Spyro, well, look at this:

I mean holy shit, I'd gladly take Jack Black over that... thing