Activision: We're Still the Same Fun Bunch of Guys

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
No they're not, I seriously can't stop laughing at that.
Activision, whatever you think you are, you're not... really not.

Activision's a soulless juggernaut of a corporation, more content to crap out sequels galore and snuff out any new IP just because it might not be "profitable".

Activision, you're a jerk, accept that, embrace it. Fully immerse yourself in becoming the bad guy, put large spikes on the roof of your headquarters, swim around in your money pool.

irishda

Dec 16, 2010
Irridium said:
irishda said:
Irridium said:
These are the guys who dropped Brutal Legend because it couldn't be exploited every year. They instead kept Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age, and Spyro.

Fun-loving my ass.
Wait...people are putting Jack Black Legend above Crash Bandicoot and Spyro?
Have you seen whats been done to Spyro and Crash?

With Crash they seem to have at least let him die. With Spyro, well, look at this:

I mean holy shit, I'd gladly take Jack Black over that... thing
yes, he does look different, and therefore, without having actually played this game, it's safe to assume that this will be an unholy abomination upon everything that stands good and true in this world.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Sorry Dan, but you're disillusioned if you really believe that. Start risking on new IPs instead of churning out sequel after sequel and watering down series, and I'll start to believe you.
That and stop letting Kotick speak in public.
I think that really is the biggest problem they have right now is that Kotick is a PR nightmare.

Drake_Dercon

Sep 13, 2010
Power ruins people. It's a fact.

Try quitting and starting again from the bottom.

You know, for comparison.

Apr 28, 2008
irishda said:
yes, he does look different, and therefore, without having actually played this game, it's safe to assume that this will be an unholy abomination upon everything that stands good and true in this world.
If it follows the same path as the Crash Bandicoot games(which it has actually been doing. Getting progressively worse and worse), it'll suck. The game is built around buying toys with codes in order to use them in the game.

Its being made to sell toys basically.

If its somehow really good, I'll be very surprised.

Feb 13, 2008
Funny, I definitely don't hear Valve, Mojang, CD Projekt, Novio, Codemasters, Ultimate PLAY THE GAMERare or others saying how they're "Still the same bunch"?

I don't even hear Zynga or EA saying it.

Are you more guilty than Zynga, Acti-Bliz?

Why do you feel that way?

Is there something you've done wrong to the gamers in the past?

Or your trusted employees?

Anything at all to make you need to solemnly swear that you're decent guys?

Because I don't see anyone else doing it...not unless they're really up against the wall...the last person to do it was ... Robert Kotick...

And we KNOW he's never done anything bad.

Tell you what, let's hear it from Crane, Kaplan, Levy, Miller, and Whitehead who started the company.

Oh, they left? Said that Activision were treating games like commodities instead of creative products?

Oh...

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
"We're still the same fun bunch of guys" says the company that sent thugs in to eject employees that had just finished making what was then one of the best selling games in history for them, just to avoid paying out the massive promised bonuses.

"Fun and cuddly" lead by the joking rascal himself, Bobby Kotick, who is simply misunderstood... with his private jets, stewardesses, and sex scandals (despite my unpopular overall take on that situation, it's still a mess), he's outright adorable! Who could possibly dislike him just because of a few "jokes"? ....

I'll also say that just because a company was professional after being cut loose, as opposed to it turning into a war, doesn't mean much. Publically most such partings ARE friendly as the people departing want further employment, and the guys doing the letting go don't want to intimidate their other workers. What we've seen is not a matter of Activision being "nice" so much as a situation where sometimes things go down the normal way as opposed to always involving thugs.

IMO if Activision wants to get a better reputation, it needs to do more than just saying nice things about itself or taking an "oh, pity us" approach. Unfair or not, it's Activision that has the reputation that needs to be overcome.

In a purely pragmatic sense, if I wanted to overcome this reputation, I'd probably try and perform some grand, and expensive gesture for the fans, and just literally throw away some of those millions in hopes that the change in perception would lead to making more money back later. What such a gesture should be, is beyond me, because I've never been in the position of having to repair a reputation on this level.

Of course, while a bad joke, I half suspect that if Activision did try and be nice, the gesture would be something like erecting a giant statue of Bobby Kotick and telling us it's so we don't have to feel so put off by those giant robot statues in Asia anymore because we have Bobby... or including a set of baby seal killing clubs and a ticket to Alaska in every copy of the next Call Of Duty game so we could all "share the favorite hobby of the Activision board of directors". :)

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Dr. Paine said:
It's better looking than the actual thing in game. I know, I know, that's hard to believe, but just trust me on this one.
I think I'll take your word for it. I don't dare look it up.

As for Activision, I'm of the belief that if you need to come out and formally disagree with what everyone thinks, they're probably right. Just like when Lady Gaga had to come out and formally state she is in fact a she. If you need to clarify, it's gone wrong somewhere.

Muco5681

Apr 2, 2010
here's just a short list of the top of my head of activation's greatest hits since the merge I'm sure there are Manny more
1:blizzard made wrath of the AOEking
2:blizzard made cataclysm
3:TRH (google it)
4:TRL (google it)
5:faction change
6:infinity ward
7(inset any bobby kotick quote)
8:shut down bizarre
9:shut down guitar hero
and nr 10:the sad PR scheme they are running at the moment

well...at least they are not as bad as Sony at the moment

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Irridium said:

I mean holy shit, I'd gladly take Jack Black over that... thing

My childhooooooood!

Also, Activision.. if you want a better public image, start with this: Shut Kotick the Fuck Up. That will be the first and most important step.

Are you up to it?

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
gigastar said:
Your first task to redemption: Get rid of Kotick.
indeed. if only we could somehow get access to the inquisition and have them purge some "undesirables" from this world. it would make every goddamn thing better.