Activision's GoldenEye 007 Remake Eyeing Up 3DS

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
dragonslayer32 said:
Why do a remake? It will never be better than the first one, especially the way Nintendo have gone.
Huh?

I thought it was was painfully obvious why they're remaking it - money. GoldenEye is a critically acclaimed game with a large fan base, so it will stand a good chance of high sales numbers.

Does it matter that it won't be better than the original? With how highly the N64 game is regarded, the remake only needs to be close to it in quality to be well received. Anyway, who said that it has to be worse? From what I've seen/read, this version will be vastly improved, it just won't have as high an impact. Or are you referring to those people that always complain that modern games are worse than the old games?

especially the way Nintendo have gone? I haven't noticed any difference between Nintendo then and Nintendo now, other than they're now 'winning' this console war, so if you could explain to me what you're on about, and how it affects a game being produced and published by Activision, that would be appreciated.

omega_peaches said:
Am I the only one here who likes Craig over Brosnan?
Most likely...
PureChaos said:
WHY did they go with Daniel Craig instead of Pierce Brosnan who was IN Goldeneye and was a better Bond?
I think it's probably because Craig is the current Bond (Even though Quantum of Solace sucked.)
I prefer Craig too. Also I think that they had to use him instead of Brosnan since their licence over bond only covers the new bond and not the previous ones.

N.B. the previous statement is 100% speculation on my part.

lostzombies.com said:
Exactly. It can't even have any of the same level design, gameplay, storyline (from the game), guns, music or anything that made the original unique. If they do them Rare [read microsoft] will hbe planting the mother of lawsuits on their doorstep.

So generic game made by the developers of Duke Nukem Forever which can legally only be smiliar in name only.....yeh not going to dust off my wii for this one, I don't want to tarnish the memories I have of the original.
Wild speculation is wild! Form what I've heard, there are many similarities between this and the original, and I'm sure they would be able to wrestle more features from the original game than the title; unless you managed to play the final game, you cannot accurately claim it to be generic; and what does pointing out that they are 'developers of Duke Nukem Forever' mean? Have they made and released a bad game? According to Wiki, the games being made by Eurocom [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocom] instead, whom have my full confidence after making the great game: Dead Space: Extraction.

OT: I'm looking forward to this game, what I've heard about it so far has been great. I will most likely get the wii version, even if they do port it since I find the controls for the wii superior for FPSs.
Winning the console war? Are you serious? The way Nintendo have gone is a pretty clear statement, it means that Nintendo aren't what they used to be, they have changed and in my opinion which is shared by many others, they have changed for the worse. The N64 is still one of my favourite consoles and I play it more than any other console I have, but the Wii? I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. The reason I said my origional statement is because why should they make a game that is obviously going to be worse? You answered that question, money and yes, it is pretty obvious that this is the reason. You can't tell me that this game will be better than the origional. The origional covered the story, weapons, and gameplay very well, so what will make this one any better?

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
dragonslayer32 said:
Winning the console war? Are you serious? The way Nintendo have gone is a pretty clear statement, it means that Nintendo aren't what they used to be, they have changed and in my opinion which is shared by many others, they have changed for the worse.
How have they changed? They still make tons of high quality games. They still keep practically all of their IPs alive. They still, unfortunately, have poor quality control when it comes to third party titles, leading to a generation of good games getting overshadowed by piles of crap.

The biggest difference is that they are winning in sales this time around

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
Proverbial Jon said:
I agree. Why make a remake on such an inferior console? It's like taking a PS1 game and porting it to the PS2, whoop, big fucking deal. They're allienating a large chunk of this game's fan base by making it Wii exclusive. Do all the happy arm waving Wii families want to play this together? No, the Xbox 360 and PS3 FPS players want to play this, in glorious HD damnit!

If it's anything like the Silent Hill: Shattered memories reimagining, it's not even worth making it.
Yeahman... Plus, I think this is one of those games that just doesn't need a remake, like Doom 1 or Wolfenstein! I'm willing to accept Nintendo's Ocarina of Time remake as it is essentially a port and they are producting it themselves for a handheld, essentially making "Ocarina of Time in my Pocket". I enjoyed Capcom's remake of Resident Evil 1 because it brought what is essentially an art game into a more visually impressive platform and allowed them to throw some more backstory into the mix.

But this...? Goldeneye is an archetype still being enjoyed to this day! If they wanted to remake it, it would be best to either have it ported to the DS for retrospective value or get Rare to do a super sweet version for the 360, with proper voice acting from Piers Brosnan and Sean Bean. This current idea is ludicrous!!!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Intresting...porting it to a handheld? If that would be possible, would make me smile. 007 on the move!

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
Winning the console war? Are you serious?
I hoped that the quotation marks around the word 'winning' would have made it clear I wasn't being totally serious since I find 'winning the console war' to be a stupid term. What I meant by it though was that more Wii consoles have been sold than either X-box 360s or PS3s, which is what most people mean when they say 'winning the console war'.

The way Nintendo have gone is a pretty clear statement, it means that Nintendo aren't what they used to be, they have changed and in my opinion which is shared by many others, they have changed for the worse.The N64 is still one of my favourite consoles and I play it more than any other console I have, but the Wii? I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire.
You haven't answered my question. All you did was repeat 'Nintendo have changed for the worse' using more words. Also - 'I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire' lol wut? That makes little sense. Maybe it's a translation error *checks profile to find out he's also British* hmm...

The reason I said my origional statement is because why should they make a game that is obviously going to be worse? You answered that question, money and yes, it is pretty obvious that this is the reason.
So, you're agreeing with me?

You can't tell me that this game will be better than the origional. The origional covered the story, weapons, and gameplay very well, so what will make this one any better?
This game will be miles better! Seriously! With all the improvements that have been made to this game you'll give away all your material possessions to become a preacher and spend the rest of your life proclaiming all the wonders that this game has - hold on - the voices in my head have just informed me that I do not work for Eurocom or Activision, so I have no idea how this game will turn out. They have also informed me that you don't either so how come you're telling me how good this game will be?

Quiet Stranger said:
I can name all the things wrong with this game. One: NO PIERCE BROSNAN!
Craig>>>>>Brosnan

If you want me to give a reason: I prefer the realism of the new bond and believe Craig's a much greater actor.

Two: Not made by Rare, it was because of them it was so good!! (and remember it was a movie game too! THEY MADE A AMAZING GAME BASED OFF A MOVIE! THATS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE!)
There are more than one good games developer in the world, just because a new games developer is behind it doesn't mean it won't be good. Anyway, I wouldn't trust rare nowadays, they haven't made a good game since the N64. Plus good movie games aren't that rare either: Spiderman 2 was great, also there's... there's... okay there's only two good movie based games, but that doesn't mean more won't be produced.

Three: I'd rather just set up my old N64 and pop Goldeneye in.
Well good for you! Unfortunately, some people, e.g. me, aren't privileged enough to own either an N64 or the original game, so we'd have to make do with this.

Four: They better have EVRYTHING from the original, the ridiculous amount of characters in multiplayer....OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER, uuuummmm all the same multiplayer levels and secret areas IN said levels, all the same cheats, CHEATS IN GENERAL (and cheats you can actually achieve by beating the game just like the original) and the glitches, does anyone remember four faced guy? From the snow bunker level? (above ground)
And they have. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3KqiZr-AjI] Levels are very similar, 8 characters for multiplayer, character specific attacks (e.g. oddjob's hat), 16 multiplayer modes, cam be enjoyed 8 player online or 4 player split screen offline and cheats (I believe, don't remember where I heard it) all confirmed. No glitches planned but not confirmed glitch-free.

Five: Now I;m wondering, are they gonna put Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova in this if its Daniel Craig as Bond?
Most other characters have been confirmed to be kept the same, so same probably for the bond girl.

Proverbial Jon said:
If it's anything like the Silent Hill: Shattered memories reimagining, it's not even worth making it.
I loved that game:(

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Im answering to the guy above me, Pierce Brosnan has WAY more experience as Bond then Craig, annnnnd he's handsomer too!

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
dragonslayer32 said:
Winning the console war? Are you serious?
I hoped that the quotation marks around the word 'winning' would have made it clear I wasn't being totally serious since I find 'winning the console war' to be a stupid term. What I meant by it though was that more Wii consoles have been sold than either X-box 360s or PS3s, which is what most people mean when they say 'winning the console war'.

The way Nintendo have gone is a pretty clear statement, it means that Nintendo aren't what they used to be, they have changed and in my opinion which is shared by many others, they have changed for the worse.The N64 is still one of my favourite consoles and I play it more than any other console I have, but the Wii? I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire.
You haven't answered my question. All you did was repeat 'Nintendo have changed for the worse' using more words. Also - 'I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire' lol wut? That makes little sense. Maybe it's a translation error *checks profile to find out he's also British* hmm...

The reason I said my origional statement is because why should they make a game that is obviously going to be worse? You answered that question, money and yes, it is pretty obvious that this is the reason.
So, you're agreeing with me?

You can't tell me that this game will be better than the origional. The origional covered the story, weapons, and gameplay very well, so what will make this one any better?
This game will be miles better! Seriously! With all the improvements that have been made to this game you'll give away all your material possessions to become a preacher and spend the rest of your life proclaiming all the wonders that this game has - hold on - the voices in my head have just informed me that I do not work for Eurocom or Activision, so I have no idea how this game will turn out. They have also informed me that you don't either so how come you're telling me how good this game will be?

Quiet Stranger said:
I can name all the things wrong with this game. One: NO PIERCE BROSNAN!
Craig>>>>>Brosnan

If you want me to give a reason: I prefer the realism of the new bond and believe Craig's a much greater actor.

Two: Not made by Rare, it was because of them it was so good!! (and remember it was a movie game too! THEY MADE A AMAZING GAME BASED OFF A MOVIE! THATS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE!)
There are more than one good games developer in the world, just because a new games developer is behind it doesn't mean it won't be good. Anyway, I wouldn't trust rare nowadays, they haven't made a good game since the N64. Plus good movie games aren't that rare either: Spiderman 2 was great, also there's... there's... okay there's only two good movie based games, but that doesn't mean more won't be produced.

Three: I'd rather just set up my old N64 and pop Goldeneye in.
Well good for you! Unfortunately, some people, e.g. me, aren't privileged enough to own either an N64 or the original game, so we'd have to make do with this.

Four: They better have EVRYTHING from the original, the ridiculous amount of characters in multiplayer....OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER, uuuummmm all the same multiplayer levels and secret areas IN said levels, all the same cheats, CHEATS IN GENERAL (and cheats you can actually achieve by beating the game just like the original) and the glitches, does anyone remember four faced guy? From the snow bunker level? (above ground)
And they have. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3KqiZr-AjI] Levels are very similar, 8 characters for multiplayer, character specific attacks (e.g. oddjob's hat), 16 multiplayer modes, cam be enjoyed 8 player online or 4 player split screen offline and cheats (I believe, don't remember where I heard it) all confirmed. No glitches planned but not confirmed glitch-free.

Five: Now I;m wondering, are they gonna put Natalya Fyodorovna Simonova in this if its Daniel Craig as Bond?
Most other characters have been confirmed to be kept the same, so same probably for the bond girl.

Proverbial Jon said:
Yes, I am agreeing with you in terms of them only doing a remake for money, and why wouldn't they? I would if I were in their position. However, that is where the agreement stops. The only reason Wii has sold more is because you get old women and fat people buying it for Wii fit. The price tag also helps the sales, but it still doesn't make it good. As mentioned before, they are doing it for money but I think they should just leave a classic to be a classic, instead of killing it by making it modern, like Mario. I loved Mario 64 but Mario galaxy? They seriously fucked up there.

PS - Fuck you. Yes, I am British but that means nothing (apart from likely being more educated than you) :) Have a nice day

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
However, that is where the agreement stops. The only reason Wii has sold more is because you get old women and fat people buying it for Wii fit. The price tag also helps the sales, but it still doesn't make it good.
But surely one could argue that by appealing to a much wider audience, the Wii is the superior console? When I asked my friends (~40, all aged 19-23 years) which current-gen console they prefer, the majority stated the Wii, so since it has the widest appeal within the normal target group for games, wouldn't this mean the Wii is superior? I have 30+ games for the Wii and have enjoyed every single one, so surely, with such an abundance of high quality games, the Wii is the superior console?

Basically your inability to provide evidence that Nintendo have changed for the worst leads me to believe that you're talking (well, typing) out of your arse.

As mentioned before, they are doing it for money but I think they should just leave a classic to be a classic, instead of killing it by making it modern, like Mario. I loved Mario 64 but Mario galaxy? They seriously fucked up there.
Yet that game has been the highest praised of all time. I found galaxy to be a disappointment as well [small](and before you claim this contradicts with my statement 'I've enjoyed every game I own', I borrowed this from a friend)[/small], but wasn't because of 'modernising' it, it was because they took cues from Super Mario Bros/World instead of SM64. Basically what made SM64 great - to me - was the additional elements of action/adventure, meaning exploration an puzzle solving played a part in those levels. in Galaxy, it's a pure platformer, so you're only travelling from point A to point B, which I find very boring.

PS - Fuck you. Yes, I am British but that means nothing (apart from likely being more educated than you) :) Have a nice day
If you were educated, you'd have noticed the word 'also' before the word 'British', which - although used ambiguously - should have lead you to the correct conclusion that I am British too (maybe I should get 'round to editing my bio some day). Also the myth about the British being better educated exists solely because only the intelligent are bright enough to leave the country, so foreign countries just see the best we can produce. In reality we are only average in intelligence for a developed country. Also - fun fact of the day - England has the best dental hygiene in the world, so stereotypes are very misleading.

And enjoy your day too.

Quiet Stranger said:
Pierce Brosnan has WAY more experience as Bond then Craig, annnnnd he's handsomer too!
Pft. My Bond's much more handsomer than your Bond to infinity so nyeh *sticks tongue out*

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
10BIT said:
Proverbial Jon said:
I did too, but not as a Silent Hill game. As a stand alone game with a different name it is really pretty good. But I never saw the point of "Reimagining" the first game if all you're going to use from it are the names of the characters! There really weren't any similarities other than that.

Either remake the game 1:1 or add some extras and a few changes/twists, or don't bother at all. I really couldn't see the point of making any reference to the original game. As a game, I like it a lot, but as a Silent Hill game? No, sorry.

CZS PublicEnemy

Aug 29, 2009
IckleMissMayhem said:
CZS PublicEnemy said:
Somehow they're gonna mess it up....I just know it.
Daniel Craig in Goldeneye. Job done.
I do not know how they thought that would be a good idea. A james bond game becomes a hit, a decade ago, and now activision is trying to put the pieces together and figure out what made it do well that one time.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
dragonslayer32 said:
However, that is where the agreement stops. The only reason Wii has sold more is because you get old women and fat people buying it for Wii fit. The price tag also helps the sales, but it still doesn't make it good.
But surely one could argue that by appealing to a much wider audience, the Wii is the superior console? When I asked my friends (~40, all aged 19-23 years) which current-gen console they prefer, the majority stated the Wii, so since it has the widest appeal within the normal target group for games, wouldn't this mean the Wii is superior? I have 30+ games for the Wii and have enjoyed every single one, so surely, with such an abundance of high quality games, the Wii is the superior console?

Basically your inability to provide evidence that Nintendo have changed for the worst leads me to believe that you're talking (well, typing) out of your arse.

As mentioned before, they are doing it for money but I think they should just leave a classic to be a classic, instead of killing it by making it modern, like Mario. I loved Mario 64 but Mario galaxy? They seriously fucked up there.
Yet that game has been the highest praised of all time. I found galaxy to be a disappointment as well [small](and before you claim this contradicts with my statement 'I've enjoyed every game I own', I borrowed this from a friend)[/small], but wasn't because of 'modernising' it, it was because they took cues from Super Mario Bros/World instead of SM64. Basically what made SM64 great - to me - was the additional elements of action/adventure, meaning exploration an puzzle solving played a part in those levels. in Galaxy, it's a pure platformer, so you're only travelling from point A to point B, which I find very boring.

If you were educated, you'd have noticed the word 'also' before the word 'British', which - although used ambiguously - should have lead you to the correct conclusion that I am British too (maybe I should get 'round to editing my bio some day). Also the myth about the British being better educated exists solely because only the intelligent are bright enough to leave the country, so foreign countries just see the best we can produce. In reality we are only average in intelligence for a developed country. Also - fun fact of the day - England has the best dental hygiene in the world, so stereotypes are very misleading.

And enjoy your day too.

Quiet Stranger said:
Pierce Brosnan has WAY more experience as Bond then Craig, annnnnd he's handsomer too!
Pft. My Bond's much more handsomer than your Bond to infinity so nyeh *sticks tongue out*
I'm sorry, but I still disagree on the fact that the Wii is superior. Sure, it has sold more than other consoles, which i believe is a combination of a cheap price and the novelty of motion control. The Wii only appeals to casual gamers, I don't know many hardcore gamers that play the Wii, sure, there will be a few, but not many. Also, you are basing your argument on a questionnaire of your friends and your opinion on your games. By that logic, I have about 80 people on xbox live that would disagree with you and I have had 90+ 360 games, all of which I have enjoyed. It is just like I said before, people use it to shape up and lose weight, explaining the sales. As soon as Kinect and that crap one for the ps3 comes out, sales for them will likely rise too. Sure, Nintendo beat everyone to it, to which I admire their efforts, but it still doesn't make it better. People treat the Wii like some form of exercise, not a console.

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
Proverbial Jon said:
I did too, but not as a Silent Hill game. As a stand alone game with a different name it is really pretty good. But I never saw the point of "Reimagining" the first game if all you're going to use from it are the names of the characters! There really weren't any similarities other than that.

Either remake the game 1:1 or add some extras and a few changes/twists, or don't bother at all. I really couldn't see the point of making any reference to the original game. As a game, I like it a lot, but as a Silent Hill game? No, sorry.
When you phrase it like that I agree with you - if you went into that game expecting a Silent Hill game, you'd be disappointed. From what I've seen/heard of this game however, they will be keeping the important bits the same and only updating the graphics, improving the multiplayer, and tweaking some minor story elements, so no need to worry.

dragonslayer32 said:
I'm sorry, but I still disagree on the fact that the Wii is superior. Sure, it has sold more than other consoles, which i believe is a combination of a cheap price and the novelty of motion control. The Wii only appeals to casual gamers, I don't know many hardcore gamers that play the Wii, sure, there will be a few, but not many. Also, you are basing your argument on a questionnaire of your friends and your opinion on your games. By that logic, I have about 80 people on xbox live that would disagree with you and I have had 90+ 360 games, all of which I have enjoyed. It is just like I said before, people use it to shape up and lose weight, explaining the sales. As soon as Kinect and that crap one for the ps3 comes out, sales for them will likely rise too. Sure, Nintendo beat everyone to it, to which I admire their efforts, but it still doesn't make it better. People treat the Wii like some form of exercise, not a console.
I don't believe the Wii is superior either, objectively speaking I think all consoles are equal yet with major differences. Those arguments weren't supposed to make you view the Wii as the one true console, I was just trying to coax from you why you claim the Wii as inferior. But, since you keep refusing to answer my questions, I may as well stop asking them.

As for the kinect and move, I doubt they'll make a noticeable difference since a) price, as you said before price is a big factor for these consumers, b) games, I'm sure there will be little support for these optional controls like there's little support for wii balance-board/motion+, and c)input, kinect requires grand gestures which will limit the the capabilities and ware out the user quickly, and as for the move, how is this anything but an expensive wii? Unless they sort out these problems, I predict very little profit in the future for these products.

Lastly, you own 90+ Xbox games?! Seriously?! How rich are you?! How did you find the time as well?! Okay, I do own 140+ games for the PC but that's because I've been gaming on PC for 19 years and have a weakness for steam sales.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
Proverbial Jon said:

When you phrase it like that I agree with you - if you went into that game expecting a Silent Hill game, you'd be disappointed. From what I've seen/heard of this game however, they will be keeping the important bits the same and only updating the graphics, improving the multiplayer, and tweaking some minor story elements, so no need to worry.

dragonslayer32 said:
I don't believe the Wii is superior either, objectively speaking I think all consoles are equal yet with major differences. Those arguments weren't supposed to make you view the Wii as the one true console, I was just trying to coax from you why you claim the Wii as inferior. But, since you keep refusing to answer my questions, I may as well stop asking them.

As for the kinect and move, I doubt they'll make a noticeable difference since a) price, as you said before price is a big factor for these consumers, b) games, I'm sure there will be little support for these optional controls like there's little support for wii balance-board/motion+, and c)input, kinect requires grand gestures which will limit the the capabilities and ware out the user quickly, and as for the move, how is this anything but an expensive wii? Unless they sort out these problems, I predict very little profit in the future for these products.

Lastly, you own 90+ Xbox games?! Seriously?! How rich are you?! How did you find the time as well?! Okay, I do own 140+ games for the PC but that's because I've been gaming on PC for 19 years and have a weakness for steam sales.
I'm sorry if I have been avoiding your questions, I have been drunk/hungover during this conversation and I didn't realise you asked any to be honest.
About the xbox games, I have had over 90, I currently don't own 90. I have had my xbox for about 3 years and trade a lot of my games. Trust me, I am far from rich and I havn't completed them all, thus finding the time to play them all.

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
I'm really excited to play the game again, I might even dig out the N64 and have a blast from the past.

However I'm not sure I'd want to buy the 3DS just to play this game. Also that would involve all my friends buying a 3DS to play with me. Putting it on the Wii or both is definitely the best option, especially as the Wii graphics will be much better than the 3DS

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
I'm sorry if I have been avoiding your questions, I have been drunk/hungover during this conversation and I didn't realise you asked any to be honest.
About the xbox games, I have had over 90, I currently don't own 90. I have had my xbox for about 3 years and trade a lot of my games. Trust me, I am far from rich and I havn't completed them all, thus finding the time to play them all.
Ah, okay, should have been able to guess that was the case

The questions I asked in the first reply were: Why are you so sure the remake will be inferior? How have Nintendo changed? And how is this 'change' for the worse?

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
dragonslayer32 said:
Ah, okay, should have been able to guess that was the case

The questions I asked in the first reply were: Why are you so sure the remake will be inferior? How have Nintendo changed? And how is this 'change' for the worse?
I am not SURE the remake will be inferior, I just think it will because the first one was so good and they have changed quite a bit, so naturally, I am not optamistic.

I think Nintendo have changed quite a bit since the 90's. They used to be the leading Console manufacturer but now, if you ask someone to think of a current gen console, they will likely say 360 or PS3. It was almost like they gave up, only releasing hand-held consoles until the Wii, which I found to be a let-down.

The change is for the worse because of motion control. I hate it.

However, all of these are my opinions and I can see we will still disagree here but we are both entitled to our opinions. Again, I'm sorry for not answering them to begin with.

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
I am not SURE the remake will be inferior, I just think it will because the first one was so good and they have changed quite a bit, so naturally, I am not optimistic.
From what I've seen, the only major change has been the improved graphics. The core gameplay, i.e. the bits that made the original good, have been kept intact. Plus the developers have made one of my favourite games of last year, so I am confident in their abilities. I can't see any reason not to be optimistic at this point.

I think Nintendo have changed quite a bit since the 90's. They used to be the leading Console manufacturer but now, if you ask someone to think of a current gen console, they will likely say 360 or PS3. It was almost like they gave up, only releasing hand-held consoles until the Wii, which I found to be a let-down.
Erm... They still are the leading console manufacturer - they have the largest console shipping numbers every month - and I'm sure that the Wii is the most well known current gen console thanks, not only to the large volume of adds for it, but since it is practically the only console referenced in news whenever there's a positive/neutral comment to make on the gaming industry.

Yet most people love it, so it's hardly for the worse. It's hardly a change either since Nintendo has always been about innovating and family-friendly fun, both of which are encapsulated by the motion controls.

However, all of these are my opinions and I can see we will still disagree here but we are both entitled to our opinions. Again, I'm sorry for not answering them to begin with.
I have no problem with you possessing different opinions, it was because you seamed to present them as it they were fact that irked me.

There's not much point debating now since it's pretty much an 'I like Wii' vs. 'I don't like Wii', which is entirely subjective. It's been nice talking even if you were pissed for most of it.

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
10BIT said:
dragonslayer32 said:
I am not SURE the remake will be inferior, I just think it will because the first one was so good and they have changed quite a bit, so naturally, I am not optimistic.
From what I've seen, the only major change has been the improved graphics. The core gameplay, i.e. the bits that made the original good, have been kept intact. Plus the developers have made one of my favourite games of last year, so I am confident in their abilities. I can't see any reason not to be optimistic at this point.

Erm... They still are the leading console manufacturer - they have the largest console shipping numbers every month - and I'm sure that the Wii is the most well known current gen console thanks, not only to the large volume of adds for it, but since it is practically the only console referenced in news whenever there's a positive/neutral comment to make on the gaming industry.

Yet most people love it, so it's hardly for the worse. It's hardly a change either since Nintendo has always been about innovating and family-friendly fun, both of which are encapsulated by the motion controls.

I have no problem with you possessing different opinions, it was because you seamed to present them as it they were fact that irked me.

There's not much point debating now since it's pretty much an 'I like Wii' vs. 'I don't like Wii', which is entirely subjective. It's been nice talking even if you were pissed for most of it.
Yeah, again, i'm sorry about being pissed but it has been good talking :)