Actress Explains Mysterious Mortal Kombat Clip

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
Call it "Mortal Combat" and let them reboot Mortal Kombat with its magic and whatnot and I will be happy, and you can have 2 franchises going at the same time, who cares about confusion...you get money either way

Feb 18, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
If WB doesn´t get behind this, we totally should. Anyone have a couple of billion dollars to spare?
Well, alright but this is my father's credit card, you sure you can pay it back? *hands you 2 billion*
Yeah, sure. No problems. Here, you can have these two euros as a down payment. After all, this is a perfectly legit business.

Well, I´m off to Hawaii. See ya!

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
No thankyou. Make another pitch. That trailer would make a great film, but not a great MK film. Of course, judging by the other threads on this, it is now against the rules to dislike that trailer - punishable by forum stoning and sarcastic retorts as to your intelligence and/or sexual preferences. That doesn't change the fact that no matter how great that trailer was, it wasn't MK, shouldn't have to be, and hopefully won't be.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
If WB doesn´t get behind this, we totally should. Anyone have a couple of billion dollars to spare?
Well, alright but this is my father's credit card, you sure you can pay it back? *hands you 2 billion*
Yeah, sure. No problems. Here, you can have these two euros as a down payment. After all, this is a perfectly legit business.

Well, I´m off to Hawaii. See ya!
Oh, you're just going to scout some locations right?... Right? *Cab speeds off*

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Hiphophippo said:
I'm on it.

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/customer_service.html

Do it people.
Doing it. Twice.

Mortal Kombat has been pretty damn crappy for too long, maybe a reboot can save it.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Mackheath said:
AgentBJ09 said:
-snip of epic proportions-
So just because you as a MK fan does not like the trailer, Warner Bros must drop everything and hang onto your every word about the franchise? They care little about staying faithful and even less about you, me and the rest of the fanbase. They want to make money, not please the little people whinging about how their beloved franchise got a Chris Nolan-esque style feel to it.

OT: Personally I think it looks intriguing, and well worth a watch. At least then it might erase the campy crapstain that the first two films were.
I'm sorry, but this kind of idea stinks of Hollywood glitz, which isn't what the franchise needs. We get almost ten mind numbing slasher flicks every year anyway. Speaking of, since when did Warner Brother think that dumbing the idea down into Bloodsport meets Texas Chainsaw was good idea.

That's like turning the Silent Hill games into a version of Dead Space, or casualizing a game that takes skill to beat. It makes no sense and it's offensive to people with taste and likes. Sure, the company makes money on it, but the people who will support the game in the long run will stop buying.

By the way, you're very wrong about WB. If people do not like the idea, and can resist the urge to give the company their money, and tell them that what they're doing is nonsensical, they WILL get the message. You only FEEL powerless, but dollars are a powerful voice, and every corporation will listen if you affect them in this way.

Besides, didn't FOX's famous celebrity get her book trashed after she railed on Mass Effect?

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
Yet again people surprise me. Its called MORTAL KOMBAT not MORTAL MAGIK. the game had next to no story line, thats why the first movie wasnt too bad but the second just blew. If they were to remake based completely off the game, IT WOULD BE LIKE EVERY OTHER GAME TO MOVIE FRANCHISE AND SUCK!

If they involved magik and out-world it would be more like a kids movie than a fighting movie. the game held the same premise as every other game made GOOD Vs. EVIL / ORDER Vs. CHAOS and this clip shows that very well.

Just cause it doesnt look the same doesnt mean it isnt the same underneath.

Go Skorpion!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
AgentBJ09 said:
I'm sorry, but this kind of idea stinks of Hollywood glitz, which isn't what the franchise needs. We get almost ten mind numbing slasher flicks every year anyway. Speaking of, since when did Warner Brother think that dumbing the idea down into Bloodsport meets Texas Chainsaw was good idea.
Just to point out, I am fairly certain it's physically, mentally and metaphysically impossible to dumb Mortal Kombat's storyline down due to the wonderful fact that it literally starts at the bottom. Bloodsport meets Texas Chainsaw massacre is actually how I'd describe Mortal Kombat.

Also, that trailer was beyond fantastic. I'm sending an email to that link as we speak.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
Zeithri said:
clipse15 said:
Zeithri said:
clipse15 said:
Zeithri said:
clipse15 said:
Zeithri said:
I hope no one calls and that they doesn't pick this up.
Because it would be too much awesome for this world?
Because it would suck hard and only manage to create a fanbase of new kids for the Mortal Kombat series but who would refuse to even acknowledge the old games as Mortal Kombat because they're too busy jerking off to this movie.
Why are you stuck up on the fanbase? Who cares Mortal Kombat has a CRAPPY storyline that could barely be fleshed out into one movie. I love the fact that they aren't wanking off just trying to create the "Mysterious mystical tournament" storyline.
Because they're ruining what I loved about Mortal Kombat which is the same thing that you apperently dislike ?_?
Really because what I loved about Mortal Kombat was the fighting.
If I just wanted generic fighting, I'd put in Tekken..
im totally tracking you to various topics about this to punch you in the noodles !

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
I'm crossing my fingers right now. Come on WB! do it for the fans... or my avatar will be very pissed.

<------GET OVER HERE

Kiregan

Oct 22, 2008
I'm so confused... As a MK fan, I don't know if I should be happy or angry. I loved Mortal Kombats story, but I know that if this was released in theatres, I'd still go watch this just because it's Mortal Kombat... I just don't know.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
All i hgave to say to the MK faithfull is Mortal Kombat v Dc universe.

If that isnt a sign that warners doesnt care about the background to your favorite franchise then your either really deluded or so far into denialand that your beond help, this trailer is The only Way your precious Mortal Kombat will ever get another film and the only way warners will ever make a new game that isnt v's dc again so get over yourselves and accept the future.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
ultimateownage said:
chaos order said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO OMG NO! AW man this is sad, i I actually though thought this was a movie. aw :( this ruined my day. :'(
They never said it was an impossibility, so it might still become a movie. Also, please try refraining from using acronyms and improve your grammar, it's one of mine and many other other people on this site's pet hate.
sorry usually im really good at not bringing down the wrath of the grammar nazi, but this really made me sad. I know it is "possible" for this movie to come out, but when i saw this trailer i thought it was coming out this year, instead of the rumored 2013.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I am writing that email as we speak. Let's be honest, MK fans... after the, ahem, 'rousing successes' of MK:Armageddon and MK Vs DC, the franchise is damn near dead anyway. It needs new blood. Lots of blood. And gore. Some missing heads. Mutilations. Fatalities.

...sorry, where was I?

Right, yes, trailer. They make it into a movie. Movie does well because it hits the guys who grew up with the game who can now file en masse into an R rated film or buy it on DVD/digital delivery. Movie inspires new game. Movie plus game- assuming game does not suck -helps a resurgence in the franchise. Best case scenario, but one worth hoping for. And if you don't like the new style, well, you have the older games. They can't mess with those, and without a reboot at this stage, they're where the franchise will end anyway.

So I say, bring on the cannibalistic serial killer Reptile and crazy-doctor Baraka! I may not like the idea of Cage getting killed -again- but damned if this wouldn't make a fun movie to watch.