Aether Shanties RP (PM if interested/Started)

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
drmigit2 said:
Would it be against the rules for me to plan an inventor on both ships? Kind of make a rivalry between my characters?
No, that would be fine.

Also, I want the player characters to be even on both ships, or to have more pirates than people playing for the empire.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Wenseph said:
drmigit2 said:
Would it be against the rules for me to plan an inventor on both ships? Kind of make a rivalry between my characters?
No, that would be fine.

Also, I want the player characters to be even on both ships, or to have more pirates than people playing for the empire.
Is the Invincible an imperial ship then? I was under the impression that it was another pirate ship, and that the two ships worked together.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
IFS said:
Wenseph said:
drmigit2 said:
No, that would be fine.

Is the Invincible an imperial ship then? I was under the impression that it was another pirate ship, and that the two ships worked together.
Yes, it's the empire ship. They're not working together.

IFS

Mar 5, 2012
Wenseph said:
Okay, I need to edit my sheet then, changes the ideas I had for a second character too.

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
Wenseph said:
Oh really? I'll need to edit my own sheet then! Given her, ah... History in the Chuno Ggun, being on an ship working for the Empire may be a horrible idea.

LordDPS

Jun 4, 2010
Hope this is satisfactory. Very new to forum RPing myself so at least you can laugh at my failure of a Character sheet.

Name:Mario "Cretin" Johnson

Culture: Neo Victorian
Background: Criminal lower class
Ship: The Mermaid.
Appearance: He wears A leather coat he mugged off of a middle class man, buzz cut, White Causican skin, clean shaven,
Personality: Likes to pretend he's a charming rouge but he's only slightly more educated then the rest of the lower classes, has the arrogance of youth and it's gotten him into trouble before he seems to think he has something to prove.

Biography:It was a challenge yer see he thought that if he could go through a tour of duty on a pirate ship he would be "legit-like" then all those big shots would be sorry. Course, this is a guy everybody called "Cretin" including his own Mum( that was just before she tried to strangle him with his umbilical cord, mind). being raised by an alcholic father who thinks a Bear is Beer spelt wrong does little to provide role models for young impressionable children.
And it showed, after all how else do you work up the motivation to learn how to read just so you can read a book of curse words at your father? Cretin that's who! Well at least he's among Smellier, more ruthless and conniving role models now.I'm certain his sanity will remain intact (mostly)

Oct 2, 2012
Hi I'm a new poster here (long time lurker) and I just wanted to know how the forum RPs worked. The way the forums work makes me think that it would get very confusing and disorganized after a bit.
I am interested though (roleplaying is one of my favorite past times :D).

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Two questions:

-Will the Invincible's Admiral be a player?
-While the Airship Pirates are Pirating what will the Invincible be doing?

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Beffudled Sheep said:
Hi I'm a new poster here (long time lurker) and I just wanted to know how the forum RPs worked. The way the forums work makes me think that it would get very confusing and disorganized after a bit.
I am interested though (roleplaying is one of my favorite past times :D).
Looking at other forum roleplays would probably help you get a good idea of how they work. I'll also make a group for OOC. If you read everyone's posts it shouldn't get that confusing. I'll keep track of what's going on too.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Captainguy42 said:
Two questions:

Yeah, [user]hiei82[/user] has agreed to play the admiral. The invincible will be trying to stop them. I don't want to go too much into details about the plot in mind.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Wenseph said:
Captainguy42 said:
Two questions:

Yeah, [user]hiei82[/user] has agreed to play the admiral. The invincible will be trying to stop them. I don't want to go too much into details about the plot in mind.
Well, considering what myself and Hiei have in mind for our characters, it will be interesting to say the least.

Oct 2, 2012
Wenseph said:
Thanks! Well here is my sheet! If anything is wrong please let me know!
Name: Raff-Lion-Arm
Culture: Neobedouin
Background: Beast Dancer
Ship: Mermaid
Appearance: Raff is a tall but slender man. He stands at 6?5? and comes in at 200lbs (an approximation based on visual appearance). Raff has light skin, dark green eyes and shoulder length dark brown hair. He wears the animal furs of the animals he has defeated with no jewelry or other trinkets. He has three large, jagged horizontal scars on his left cheek, a keepsake from his first live trial against the beasts. He also has decorated his skin with several tattoos that represent animals and forces of nature. He uses the traditional weapons of his people.
Personality: Raff is a lively individual with a great respect and fear of nature. He was a member of a large family in a small tribe and as such believes deeply in sharing and helping others. To him respect of friends and family is second only to the respect one should show for nature and beasts. He enjoys swapping stories, forging lasting relationships and bearing responsibility together. Believes that death is not something to be mourned but celebrated as a return to Earth and perhaps birth into a beast, plant or another human. He is deeply saddened by betrayal, oppression and senseless, goalless violence. Quick to anger if betrayed or if one of his beliefs is deeply violated and very slow to reaccept offenders.
Biography: Grew up around the Northern Pine Forests and Tundra. His tribe was an offshoot of a larger tribe that was ambushed by Imperial forces. The ancestors of what would become his tribe were cut off and left behind. Raff grew up in the harsh and cold environments constantly fighting off highly intelligent wolves and overwhelmingly massive bears. He was selected from a young age to become a Beast Dancer and showed an above average ability for learning and self-improvement. At age 15 during his tribe?s usual movements he was ambushed by a desperate mountain lion. The fight was intense but brief, and by the end the lion lay dead with a missing arm. Raff had not only acquired a few more scars on his body but also the new addition of ?Lion-Arm? to his name. Sadly such times would not last. During a training exercise in the forests an Imperial force discovered the rest of his tribe and wiped out every last man, woman, child and every piece of equipment visible. Upon returning the Beast Dancers that had been training were stunned and filled with dread. Raff instead was filled with rage and set off alone to find those responsible while his fellow Dancers either separated or committed suicide by their dead family members. After some time wandering, doing odd jobs and subsistence hunting he heard tales of the Mermaid and decided to join up. Hoping to find a new family and some revenge.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Right, you will have my sheet sometime tomorrow, hope this is acceptable for you. (i.e. in the morning/noon GMT)

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Evrant said:
Right, you will have my sheet sometime tomorrow, hope this is acceptable for you. (i.e. in the morning/noon GMT)
Yes, I'll be keeping recruitment open for some days anyway.

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
Welp, looks like for balance sake I'll need to join up on the Invincible... fortunately, I wasn't too far on my character, so it shouldn't take much to change.

drmigit2

Dec 25, 2008
Okay, I got my first of two characters done. Horatio Morgan awayyyyyyyy!

Name: Horatio Morgan

Culture: NeoVictorian High Class
Background: Inventor
Ship: HMS Invincible

Appearance: Horatio wears a traditional coat and top hat combo, with a ring on his left hand index finger for closer inspection on parts. He carries an array of equipment in his trunk, which he carries everywhere. His most distinguished features are his baby blue eyes, which have a spark rarely seen in the oppressive lands he hails from.

Personality: Highly eccentric, he loves making new gadgets and gizmos for people. Though he is normally making weaponry upgrades and doodads for scopes and he attempts to hold his sighs for requests such as those.

Biography: Born in the Everglade, Horatio was not new to the high society and as such, got away with quite a bit. He detested his life as a ruler, wanting to simply play with new toys and have a bit of fun. He had an epiphany when he was threatened to be sent to the Change Cage for the second time. It was time to leave.

Horatio packed his bags and headed straight for the military as a weapons inspector. Soon, he his little upgrades and updates became popular with the soldiers, seeing a survival rate increase he was put on permanent duty as a weapons manufacturer. Inventors are still illegal, but in his current position he can do almost anything he wants. He commands a great deal of respect from those around him despite his weird personality due to his life saving inventions.

*EDIT*

ANNNNNND HERE COMES THE NEXT CHAMPION! ALL THE WAY FROM WHO KNOWS WHERE, IIIIIT's LANNA!

Name: Lanna Kea-sight

Culture: Skyfolk
Ship: The Mermaid

Appearance: Lanna is leather clad with gadgets and gizmos all over her suit and goggles. They serve a wide variety of functions though some are just for show. She is famous for never needing anything to store her equipment in because her clothes have slots for all of it. When her magnifying goggles are off, you can see her black eyes and green tinted red hair. It flies back due to her almost constant use of her goggle cap.

Personality: Highly curious and secretive, she takes requests on rare occasions but mostly sits in her office all day going back and forth with tons of papers and creating gadgets to help her or someone she thinks needs it. Most of the steam and explosive weaponry on the ship was made by her at some point and then mass produced elsewhere. She has a bad case for mumbling and being dismissive, though when she does talk it is with an almost unmatched conviction.

Biography: Born to some unknown people of unknown origins, she was discovered an orphan at an early age and brought upon The Mermaid by a part of her crew. She was given the name Kea-sight after the highly intelligent bird due to her constant poking and prodding at things to figure out how they work. She very quickly began immersing herself in studies and came out with her first invention at a young age. A cattle prod of sorts, with a non conductive end at the back and an arcing front that only requires a portable power source and lasts for about three hours. It is weaponized to stun people and was her first attempt at electric weapons.
Fast forward a few years later and now steam weaponry is becoming standard among the crew.

While it is common for steam powered guns to exist, these guns fire steam in concentrated bursts like bullets but in a shotgun blast made for close combat. They don't kill, but they subdue like nothing else and leave their victims painfully burned. Their low maintenance cost and safety on a helium filled balloon made them especially popular with the defense boys. She also works on smaller requests for personalized items, though has recently lost all interest in other people as another inventor is surfacing up himself and looking quite intelligent.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
drmigit2 said:
ANNNNNND HERE COMES THE NEXT CHAMPION! ALL THE WAY FROM WHO KNOWS WHERE, IIIIIT's LANNA!

Name: Lanna Kea-sight

Culture: Skyfolk

Appearance: Lanna is leather clad with gadgets and gizmos all over her suit and goggles. They serve a wide variety of functions though some are just for show. She is famous for never needing anything to store her equipment in because her clothes have slots for all of it. When her magnifying goggles are off, you can see her black eyes and green tinted red hair. It flies back due to her almost constant use of her goggle cap.

Personality: Highly curious and secretive, she takes requests on rare occasions but mostly sits in her office all day going back and forth with tons of papers and creating gadgets to help her or someone she thinks needs it. Most of the steam and explosive weaponry on the ship was made by her at some point and then mass produced elsewhere. She has a bad case for mumbling and being dismissive, though when she does talk it is with an almost unmatched conviction.

Biography: Born to some unknown people of unknown origins, she was discovered an orphan at an early age and brought upon The Mermaid by a part of her crew. She was given the name Kea-sight after the highly intelligent bird due to her constant poking and prodding at things to figure out how they work. She very quickly began immersing herself in studies and came out with her first invention at a young age. A cattle prod of sorts, with a non conductive end at the back and an arcing front that only requires a portable power source and lasts for about three hours. It is weaponized to stun people and was her first attempt at electric weapons.
Fast forward a few years later and now steam weaponry is becoming standard among the crew.

While it is common for steam powered guns to exist, these guns fire steam in concentrated bursts like bullets but in a shotgun blast made for close combat. They don't kill, but they subdue like nothing else and leave their victims painfully burned. Their low maintenance cost and safety on a helium filled balloon made them especially popular with the defense boys. She also works on smaller requests for personalized items, though has recently lost all interest in other people as another inventor is surfacing up himself and looking quite intelligent.
Ooh, I think Lanna and Patty would get along very well. ^_^

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I didn't post on the interest thread, but I did make sure to keep an eye on it. I hope you don't mind if I pot a sheet?

Name: Allistair Skimpole

Culture: Neo-Victorian
Background: Musician

Appearance: He stands at around 5'11, and usually wears a renaissance style shirt underneath a grey vest, with black trousers and knee-high brown boots. He has a distinct black cross tattoo on his cheek, and is never too far from his beloved guitar. He carries a flintlock pistol that he says he's "Only fired twice." He has a slim and handsome face, complete with a head of shoulder length brown hair and a goatee.

Personality: He is laid back, and one of the first to crack a joke (whether it is appropriate or not), but is heavily paranoid of all around him, and is a christian.

Bio: He lived a somewhat pampered life as a clergy mans' son, and found his voice relatively young at the age of 9. Unfortunately, his mother died during childbirth and his fathers flock had all but abandoned the church once a newer, more fashionable one sprang up. He inevitably took to the drink, and drove his son away. Still, he loved the idea of Christianity and decided to get a tattoo, in a move that pissed off his father and made him somewhat proud at the same time. Once he came of age, he decided to become a pirate. An idea that only pissed off his father. Still, he managed to find Beth and told her he was one of the best singers in the land, and the demonstration proved it. He's been with them for 3 years, at the bar with either a hymn, song, or a story.

And the second will be up tommorow.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
Hopefully I am not intruding by posting here, this just seems like a very fun RP. Please tell me if there is anything I would need to change. I would love to take part in this.

Name: Leo-01

Culture: Automaton

Background: Doll/servant. While not a doll in the traditional sense of a prostitute, he was created for the purpose of amusement. He is the first and only of his line, a somewhat failed prototype commissioned by an upper class family to be a toy for their child. He was designed to be a playmate and a basic guardian of her.

Appearance: He is only a little bit larger than an 11 year old child, standing at roughly 4 and a half feet. He does not have any skin, rather his brass parts are showing where he has no clothes covering himself. His creator did a good job making the machinery appear human though, letting him convey a wide variety of emotions with his face. He wears a slightly tattered gray suit and bowler hat. His left arm has the ability to create a charge that can give a shock to people, comparable to a weak taser. Though he can not use that ability very often as it takes a large toll on him. His hand on the right arm can pivot around to be replaced with a short blade. He carries a sturdy cane with him as well.

Personality: He is a quirky, but friendly person. A bit insane some might even say. Will often get distracted by small things and change subjects often. He has the habit of using his childlike appearance to his advantage, putting on an act to gain pity or sympathy. But do not let his looks deceive you, he is not a child in mind. He does still hang on to his originally task that was set to him, being a guardian. He will protect those who he considers his friends to the last. Not caring about himself in the process.

Biography: As mentioned above he was commissioned to be a playmate and protector for an upper class family's daughter. A few days after his creation is when he first met her. They became quick friends, after all it is what he was made to do. Time continued on just fine for a few months. But it was then that his other function would be put to the test. Late one night a couple men broke into the house looking for a fast profit. When they came into the girls room Leo attacked them and was able to subdue one of them, but in the meantime the other had grabbed the young girl. In the end the girl was killed and the man escaped. As punishment for Leo's failure, his owners locked him into a crate in the basement of their large mansion. This is where he remained for the next 5 years until fate decided to shine on him. Once again a thief had come into the house, this one opting for a stealthy approach. He took the sealed crate containing, unknown to him, Leo. The crate along with other wares were all sold to smugglers who took the stuff out of the city to trade with the caravans. This is where Leo was brought back into working order after being picked up by a caravan. Though not without repercussions, you don't spend that long in a box without issues. While grateful for their help he felt he could not stay with them. He dreamed of being on one of the skyships that he had heard about during his short time with the young girl. He eventually made his way to a port where he managed to stow away on The Mermaid. In his spare time he enjoys singing or playing music, a pan flute being his favorite. He is quite good at it as it was one of the things the child loved.

Edit: Changed a few minor details around.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Name: Samuel Garland (I saw no naming conventions for Neo-Victorians, so if there are please let me know and I will gladly change it to be more in tune with the setting.)

Culture: Neo-Victorian (formerly Upper Class)

Background: Upper Class

Samuel wears a button up collared shirt in the Neo-Victorian style with a brown necktie kept pinned to the shirt to prevent dangling. Over this he prefers to where a simple brown vest to allow his arms full movement and again avoid any trouble with dangling article of clothing in the form of the ends of his sleeves. The sleeves on the white shirt are rolled back to mid-lower arm to make sure they do not get in the way. Brown suit pants and dark brown wingtips tie the outfit together. He prefers the clothing of his old life but found his military uniform stood out too much for his liking so he abandoned it as soon as possible.

He was able to smuggle out a satchel which is now how he carries the books he has on him. He prefers smaller digest sized books to large tomes as they are easy to carry with him, and when not on the job Samuel can often be found with his nose in one.

Samuel is himself fairly skinny though not by his own choice (He still finds himself having trouble with food of the Skyfolk, a part of his continued battle with culture shock). He has brown hair with green eyes and maintains being both clean shaven and with a short and simple hair cut.

Samuel is a very animated man to put it lightly. He enjoys his work perhaps a bit too much and is constantly looking for new ways to improve his craft (no matter how illegal or immoral they may happen to be). If it can help him save a life, or simply improve upon the human body, he will be willing to attempt and perfect it. If told by the captain or a superior officer to halt a procedure or some other limitation he will follow the orders but he will openly lament the "stifling atmosphere" on the ship.

He came from a long line of IAN officers and doctors, Samuel had been bred to follow in the family line. Frankly that was fine by him as he openly enjoyed the process of becoming the type of doctor the IAN would wish to have. His studies gave him an excuse to stay far away from the normal activities of dancing and over done parties common to his class. He found the inane chatter boring and the people even more so, all so enraptured with where they were even if they lamented it as a gilded cage. He was 24 when he had finished his studies and his family gave up and let him go. It had become apparent when he started college that he enjoyed his studies more than the rest of the family. Samuel's shunning of the power games played among the upper class made him something of a family pariah. They hoped they could fix him before they would simply have to let him go, they failed miserably but had to save face.

When his studies finished he was able to do the jobs required by the doctor on a ship which included surgery, hair cutting, administration of medicine, standard medicinal care, and emergency care. Finally he would be allowed to leave the city of Desolation and be able to travel the skies and practice his beloved medicine, or so he thought. On the INS ship he found his every action was governed by rules, moral codes, and ethical boundaries. Constantly limited and unable to question why he quickly grew to hate his new surroundings even more so than his old. At least back home he could wake when he wished and wasn't practically bound hand and foot to his residence. It was less than a year before he wished to escape to the Skyloft. The first real chance he got he snuck off with as much money and medical supplies as he could smuggle off with him and started to strike out on his own. He ended up selling the supplies to maintain funds for new texts on experimental procedures that the INS would probably end up killing him for despite his value to a ship if he ever tried to perform them.
Though he enjoys the freedom of living in the Skyloft culture shock has been a problem for him. He hopes on The Mermaid he can retain his freedom to try what the INS would never even begin to consider allowing.