Agoraphobe Sues Activision Over "Hurtful" World of Warcraft

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Hahaha, this kid is insane.

But, oddly enough, I hope he wins this one. WoW needs to stop asking for so much money. I mean, really. Blizzard is huge no matter what. They're going to be big for a long, long time as it is. Why keep pushing the money tree 'till it busts?

Better to reel it back.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Silva said:
Hahaha, this kid is insane.

But, oddly enough, I hope he wins this one. WoW needs to stop asking for so much money. I mean, really. Blizzard is huge no matter what. They're going to be big for a long, long time as it is. Why keep pushing the money tree 'till it busts?

Better to reel it back.
£9/month
£108/year
£0.29/day

You're paying 30p (roughly) per hour assuming you only play WoW for one hour a day. If you play for two hours a day, you're paying 15p per hour. Three hours? 10p per hour. My average raid lasted four hours an evening plus an extra 1/2 hours setup time assuming I hadn't done so one one of the previous days. I was paying about 5p/hour those days (though obviously I didn't play that much every day. God no.)

Compare that to some of the prices you pay for some games and the gameplay you get out of them. For your average £40 game you'd have to get at least 800 hours of gameplay out of it for the same value for money.

Can you really say you got that much from...say, Assassin's Creed 2?

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
hudsonzero said:
he complained that it takes to long to get a mount WHEN I STARTED PLAYING WE HAD TO WAIT FOR LEVEL 40 AND THEY COST ABOUT 100 GOLD
What he said. When I started playing we had to wait until level 40 to get our first mount and it was only a 60% increase in running speed. We had to wait until level 60 to get our epic land mount.

And this idiot has the nerve to complain that it takes too long to level yourself up to 20 in order to get your first land mount. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason he was suing is that only Mages can use "teleportation stones". I know he can't be referring to Hearthstones because YOU START THE GAME WITH ONE, and he couldn't be that dumb.

Considering how much easier Blizzard has made it to level from level 1 to 60, his complaints let alone his justification for a lawsuit are strenuous at best and indescribable at worse.

Dopi

Dec 1, 2009
almightywabbit said:
Dopi said:
almightywabbit said:
Dopi said:
almightywabbit said:
Dopi said:
almightywabbit said:
Dopi said:
This guy needs a life... Too bad every gamer he COULD be talking to or befriending is hating or disliking him for all this bullshit he presents.

Is he just out for publicity, or does he seriously think this makes him "awesome"?
To be perfectly honest, I think hes doing both, I think hes doing this for all the other Agoraphobia sufferers out there, although theres none other that would, quite frankly, have the dipshittedness to not only buy a game with content we fear but sue the manufacturers of said game and everything else under the bleeding sun.

As I just said, this guy needs to get laid. Desperatly. Maybe then he'll shut the hell up.

EDIT: By the way, welcome to the Escapist. ^^

Thank you :p And; Good luck finding anyone who will sleep with this dude! I sure as hell won't! *shudders*
I should certainly hope not! As I should say for every other self respecting female under the sun who may or may not think this guy's anything more then a total douchebag.
Blowupdoll might be the solution here, but that doesn't really count as getting laid, I think.
I guess it depends on how desperate the guy is, I think after his reputation goes down the shitter with all the hot gamer girls and people who read the news, this guy will be as desperate as it gets. ^^'
Indeed. Although, there's always the chance of some hammered chick who's been drinking heavily for 6 hours would sleep with him. Maybe. ^^
Aha! But that would require him to go out, but hes agoraphobic. ;D

And it would take a loooooot of drinks in 6 hours. o_O
Well, whoever ends up bedding him would need alot of drinks. Maybe enough to knock on his door. But then the question is; Would he be man enough for the task? *has my doubts*

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
I thought there was a law against this kind of stuff ... wasting the courts time i believe it was, and indeed this is one of those. a MASSIVE waste of time, i'd like to see this guy imprisoned for just being a dumb ass moron, but sadly i think that might be a basic human right today.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Amnestic said:
£9/month
£108/year
£0.29/day

You're paying 30p (roughly) per hour assuming you only play WoW for one hour a day. If you play for two hours a day, you're paying 15p per hour. Three hours? 10p per hour. My average raid lasted four hours an evening plus an extra 1/2 hours setup time assuming I hadn't done so one one of the previous days. I was paying about 5p/hour those days (though obviously I didn't play that much every day. God no.)

Compare that to some of the prices you pay for some games and the gameplay you get out of them. For your average £40 game you'd have to get at least 800 hours of gameplay out of it for the same value for money.

No, I can't, but then, that's precisely the reason why I dislike Assassin's Creed games. There's no value for money. And I do base my purchases on that ever since I bought ACI and it took about two days to beat it.

I'm used to very high amounts of playtime for the price given, because that's what I buy games for - time burning, and massive conquest. This is why I tolerate the Bethesda games of late; they manage to make them long enough for my cheapness. But they also have pretty high value and unique experiences often enough throughout that time, to really satisfy. And that's what WoW doesn't have.

Ultimately, the more you play WoW, the more you pay. If I got WoW, it'd be for the full haul, from start to finish, from world to world, from class to class. I would want to engorge myself in everything. And that would cost me an awful lot. That's why, I'm kind of wondering if WoW would be more worthwhile if this kid won. I'm sure no one except Blizzard would complain if they had to travel less, grind less and/or pay less in or for the game.

Cyberqat

Oct 11, 2004
This guy has to be the most creative desperate-for-attention-MMO-gamer on the planet.

But hes giving the mentally ill an undeserved reputation for being insane. No, that isn't a joke.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Silva said:
Amnestic said:
£9/month
£108/year
£0.29/day

No, I can't, but then, that's precisely the reason why I dislike Assassin's Creed games. There's no value for money. And I do base my purchases on that ever since I bought ACI and it took about two days to beat it.

I'm used to very high amounts of playtime for the price given, because that's what I buy games for - time burning, and massive conquest. This is why I tolerate the Bethesda games of late; they manage to make them long enough for my cheapness. But they also have pretty high value and unique experiences often enough throughout that time, to really satisfy. And that's what WoW doesn't have.

Ultimately, the more you play WoW, the more you pay. If I got WoW, it'd be for the full haul, from start to finish, from world to world, from class to class. I would want to engorge myself in everything. And that would cost me an awful lot. That's why, I'm kind of wondering if WoW would be more worthwhile if this kid won. I'm sure no one except Blizzard would complain if they had to travel less, grind less and/or pay less in or for the game.
My point stands: A £40 (Be it from Bethesda or not) title needs to give you some 800 hours of gameplay to get yourself equivalent to a semi-'hardcore' WoW Raider. Only the most obsessive of Oblivion players rack up those numbers. Whether you're after 'unique experiences' or 'satisfaction' doesn't account for anything. You mentioned money and money alone. WoW is an incredibly cheap game by comparison if you're going for hours/money and I truly wish people would stop claiming otherwise.

I was overestimating as well, since £9/month is the most expensive of WoW's payment options and if you choose their £x/3 months or £y/6 months options they're slightly cheaper (though I can't remember by how much and my internet died while I was writing this so I can't check right now.

Assassin's Creed 2 was just a random new game I pulled out. How many hours could you expect from Modern Warfare 2? More than 800 I'd hope since they deliberately hiked the price for a number of places (Note: Not accounting for individual cases of price reduction such as Sainsbury's selling it for £26 at release).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
henritje said:
20 bucks that he is going to sue MS for some BS reason
Bit late on that one, he already did. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.156486#3851412]

Player 2

Feb 20, 2009
I really want some Activision marketing guy to walk up to him at the trial, pull out a bit of parchment and read "You have committed the sin of greed...". They'd get held in contempt of court, but it would be the best comeback ever.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Amnestic said:
Silva said:
Amnestic said:
£9/month
£108/year
£0.29/day

My point stands: A £40 (Be it from Bethesda or not) title needs to give you some 800 hours of gameplay to get yourself equivalent to a semi-'hardcore' WoW Raider. Only the most obsessive of Oblivion players rack up those numbers. Whether you're after 'unique experiences' or 'satisfaction' doesn't account for anything. You mentioned money and money alone. WoW is an incredibly cheap game by comparison if you're going for hours/money and I truly wish people would stop claiming otherwise.

I was overestimating as well, since £9/month is the most expensive of WoW's payment options and if you choose their £x/3 months or £y/6 months options they're slightly cheaper (though I can't remember by how much and my internet died while I was writing this so I can't check right now.

Assassin's Creed 2 was just a random new game I pulled out. How many hours could you expect from Modern Warfare 2? More than 800 I'd hope since they deliberately hiked the price for a number of places (Note: Not accounting for individual cases of price reduction such as Sainsbury's selling it for £26 at release).
If people find something expensive, then they will complain. They have a right to, whether or not they're correct. My statement was representative of my views as a player exactly as obsessive as the Oblivion players you mention. For me, it was a correct statement, because I made no pretensions to being objective about it. That, I leave for another day.

I'm sorry, but your examples hold no relevance to me. I don't buy short games. I just don't. I buy the massive ones, and really large ones when nothing bigger is coming out for a while. The bigger, the better, for me.

WoW asks that I pay in a draconian manner every month I want to play it, rather than a one-off. I don't like that, I don't find it to be good value. I like to pay the initial fee, and then play a game to the absolute brink to get my value back. That's a preference, and I reserve it as completely valid within my own intentions.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Hybridwolf said:
Someone please just control this guy. Please, he's making an arse out of himself, and wasting everyones time.
hes sueing blizzard
he can not win. it is physically, mentally, and legally impossible to have deep enough pockets to beat blizzard

also he hasnt met me. i cracked the code to fun in WoW.

1. Do not take it seriously
2. Do not bother with the PvP, its garbage
3. use Crotchety old man voice whenever you get bored and ***** about the new WoW, saying the old days were better (and to an extent, were)
4. do not try Jewelcrafting unless you already have stockpiled enough mats to get to lvl 300

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
toapat said:
4. do not try Jewelcrafting unless you already have stockpiled enough mats to get to lvl 300
Fecking Thorium grinding killed my soul :(

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
He's been at fault all three other times, and now he's ordered two individuals who most like have nothing to do with the little prick, which will ten to one lead to both witnesses saying 'your honor, the kid is a tard, and I really don't know why I'm here.' You don't get banned unless you're being an asshat, you don't get a bricked wii if you don't go homebrew then install 4.3, and, well, you can at least reduce the possibility of RROD's by increasing airflow around it, and getting an air purifier to sit on the other side of the room, keeping dust out. And now he's targeting Blizzard...He kinda reminds me of a weasel, playing among the lions. for a time, it's just annoying, but one day, one lion is just a teensy bit too annoyed, and

[HEADING=1]WHAM![/HEADING]

no more weasel. Although, his agoraphobia is obviously in question, but the mental illness? Spot on. So carry on, little weasel, and keep nipping at the heels of the lions. Because maybe one, or, hell, let's get imaginative, all, of them will sue youfor wasting their time and for harassment. How's that hammer feel, pinprick?