Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven

theAlfaBlade

Jan 24, 2012
As a Christian, people like this make me sick to be in a church. (thank god my church isn't like this)

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Regnes said:
I think the kid's right about that, no homos will ever set foot in Heaven. Though, I don't think anybody in this world is going to Heaven either, so it's cool.
I hope he's right. I don't think any homosexual would actually want to go to heaven, if all the religious homophobes are there. If hell has all the gays, it must be an awesome place.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Melanie McGreevey said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if that little kid grew up to be gay? THAT would be awesome.
It would be horrendous. The number of issues the poor kid would have...

evilneko said:
Grey Day for Elcia said:
-snip!-[/center]
Well, if it's a kiss you want...

Yuicest ftw!

[small]Poor Azunyan will just have to share.[/small]
I'd do you one better and link the issue wherein Ako and Riko "practice" after finding Keita's friend's "book," but I'm sure just mentioning it is enough :p

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
For crying out loud...

So called religion of peace and understanding, getting riled up over something that in no way whatsoever affects them. Being gay is a personal choice and only affects those who make it. It's organisations such as these who use religion as a means to indoctrinate the weak-minded and uneducated who are responsible for the fair share of ignorance and prejudice in the world today.

Atheist myself, but I respect others' beliefs. But in this case, there is no room for tolerance.

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
I think the kid is singing a great song. Clearly, his use of the word 'homo' is just an abbreviation for 'homo sapien', so he's saying "ain't nobody gonna make it to heaven". And, as any sensible person knows, there's no such thing as heaven, so he's actually denouncing his right-wing, bigoted, moronic parents' beliefs and they're cheering him for it.

You go, kid. ;-)

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Im fairly certain that's WBC. The background and the adult male up on that stage are strikingly similar to the church shown in the BBC documentary on them and one of the member's interviewed.

Cakes

Aug 26, 2009
itsthesheppy said:
Religion is a poison, and reasoned discussion is the cure.
I guess St. Augustine (or Maimonides...or Nachmanides...or Averroes...or Aquinas...) never engaged in reasoned discussion, then.

EDIT: Here's a hint, all those men were leading philosophers and scientists.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
BathorysGraveland said:
I certainly wouldn't call it child abuse. More like the parents teaching their child their own personal beliefs which they see as correct.
Kid probably doesn't even understand what he's been made to say.

I'm once again amazed at human stupidity (the parents's, before anyone implies I'm insulting people in this thread).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Therumancer said:
The thing your not getting is that when it comes to situations like this the law doesn't paticularly matter. You can't force people to accept or tolerate homosexuals, or any group for that matter, through legal legislation.
Actually, you sort of can. When you integrate people, it actually increases acceptance. It's funny that way.

I know you're "done arguing" and all that, but you're pretty much wrong here. I didn't miss anything.

Additionally, acceptance is now a majority in this country. For all your claims, gays are making steady gains. You just chose to ignore it.

Which is unfortunate, but hey.

evilneko said:
Well, that's a win for America, not just the gays. ;)
I agree. Just pointing it out specifically in the face of a claim that gays arent'getting anywhere. Clearly, not true.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Draconalis said:
I don't care what the dictionary says... ain't is not a word.
Let's put this logically in the form of conjunctions, shall we?
Ain't,
A low level and stupid conjuction mixing are and not, am and not, and is and not, primarily.
So, this kid is saying is not no homo going to make it to heaven.

These people were cheering at horrid grammar.

Fuck logic.
Fuck it to hell.

This... is... AMERICA!
Where, apparently, our Congressmen are getting dumber as they're progressively speaking at a lower level. >.>

Probably why they're cheering "ain't."

Mortai Gravesend said:
Kashrlyyk said:
Lots of religions promote slavery! And you think religion "on it's own" is not a bad thing???
Does it have to be called slavery? Because I'm pretty sure between the greeks, romans, South american tribes, Egypt and certain parts of Africa, I could come up with six. Some of them didn't call it that, though.

Lots? Okay, name me 6 that promote slavery. Notice the word promote.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Kashrlyyk said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Like I said, religion on it's own isn't a bad thing.

Add humans to the mix and everything goes tits up.
No again. It was their religion that told them to do that!!! It was the religion that caused the death because they actually followed what the religion said. The bad thing IS the religion.

Lots of religions promote slavery! And you think religion "on it's own" is not a bad thing???
While I'd agree that religion is a bad thing, not for that reason. Slavery isn't a religious thing so much as a matter of practicality. Need to expand your empire, but don't have/wish to expend the resources to support a large labor force? Easy solution! Conquer a neighboring nation/empire/kingdom/whatever and enslave the people. Now you have tons of additional resources, land, and a brand new labor force that requires only the absolute minimum resources to function. Hooha! You may find such practices immortal, but that's you. All the people and nations of the world (past, present, and future) do not share that same system of mortality. It was once considered normal to marry your pre-teen daughter to men in their 40's for instance.

Most religious doctrine is that way, really. When they were created, the idea wasn't to force beliefs on people so much as to serve as justification and gather support from people who would otherwise oppose such things even though they were desperately needed for one reason or another.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Radox Redux said:
Anyway, to quote Harvey Dent, the night is darkest before the dawn. These people are the last flames of ignorance dying out in a society that has (for the most part) excepted gays. That kid will grow up in a society where his opinion is in the minority, and that society will hopefully have it's effect on him, and cause him to question what will have been hammered into his skull. Whilst people seem to be getting dumber, they're also getting more tolerant, and it'll be harder and harder to get away with these sorts of beliefs in the future.
I like this. Thank you, sir.

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
damn people for instilling there (noncorrect) values on to their children.
damn them damn them damn them.

Honestly when the child is eating out their gay lover 20 years from now, that video will be a reminder of what started it all.