Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven

Insanely Asinine

Sep 7, 2010
Spartan1362 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Religion on its own, isn't a bad thing.
Good intentions always find a way of corrupting themselves...
Not all of them.

Cheese on toast will never be evil.
I'm afraid toasted cheese sandwiches have already joined the other side.
To me that picture looks like Marilyn Monroe. But back on topic. People teach things to kids that they believe is right. Eventually these kids will be forced to interact with said individuals and their view might change. Hell I used to hate the gay community because of my "indoctrination" but after many social interactions with individuals it turned to hey enjoy the life you have. It will take time.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
BathorysGraveland said:
I certainly wouldn't call it child abuse. More like the parents teaching their child their own personal beliefs which they see as correct.
Imparting their own personal beliefs is one thing. This involves explaining your belief to the kid, and explaining that some people think differently.
First of all, this is different because... Well, aside from the fact that this kid was told what to say and probably doesn't understand the vast context of it, the "personal belief" being imparted is an incitement of racial hatred. I mean, not racial, but you get my point.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
God I hope that kid doesn't turn out to have been born gay, else they are in for one painful childhood.

OT: Good. Heaven's full of prudes and bigots. I'll take Hell any day; better music, better company and all the perverted freaks that were too kinky to make it into God's birthday party.

Let the party begin!

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
aattss said:
Honestly, who ever thought "I'm a normal person who isn't actually homophobic but the bible explicitly says 'homosexuals are bad' so I'll go persecute homos like some stereotypical terrorist"

Well, in the crusades, Christians did slaughter muslims. Anyway, before Jesus, god was saying something along the lines of "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth". It wasn't until Jesus (and him sacrificing himself) when god stopped slaughtering everyone.
That was nice of him, hey.

"Hmm. I want to stop murdering all these people I created, but I'm not sure how to go about it... I've got it! I'll make a man my son and have him tortured and executed! Then I'll stop massacring people. Well... I'll keep the famine, disease, birth defects and incurable disabilities coming along with natural disasters, but no more direct murder!"

Fucking genius, God.

May 29, 2011
MasterOfHisOwnDomain said:
I would be offended, but fortunately there is not going to be a heaven for me, those people, the children or anyone because it doesn't exist. There will just be infinite nothingness. How's that for a sing-song?
I prefer to believe that one day a few hundred years from now humanity will turn to hedonism, ressurect all the dead and convert the entire solar system into a giant eternal party.

I mean it's not very likely but it'd be pretty sweet.

May 29, 2011
Shame on you people. I mean what are we supposed to do, let the gay people marry and live their lives in peace? They'll corrupt society. The bible explicitly states that gay people are sinners. Along with people who wear mixed fabrics, people who are divorced, people who have premarital sex, people who marry people who've had premarital sex and people who marry divorced people. Not slavers though. Slavery is fine. But see, God killed his only son so that he could forgive us for things that arent our fault. So that means the only thing you need to enter heaven is to have christ in your heart.

This doesn't apply to gay people though. Why? Because FUCK the gay people. They think they can just walk around and do absolutely nothing wrong to no one and get away with it? Clearly eternal torment is the only suitable punishment.

Fluffer

Jun 7, 2011
sigma2 said:
It's funny in retrospect that no one in these types of arguments usually read the bible.

Or that those who do only point to the one passage that proves their point and forgets to bring up the ones that say otherwise.

Hell, wasn't there a passage or something about saying that all people who go to heaven turn into males?

How come no one fucking brings that up huh?!
Either that or they read some abomination like the King James...the direct translation from Hebrew and Greek reads very differently in many places.

Stuff you'd think was important too, like, y'know there being no eternal damnation, all sorts. I guess if you can't make 'em fear there's no point preaching.

On topic - just another case of people being people and passing it on to their kids. Hopefully the little guy doesn't follow that example.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Brainwashing your innocent child to believe your stupid views and spread hate.

Good parenting right there -_-

GreenHollow NY

Jul 5, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Religion on its own, isn't a bad thing.

Stupid people who use religion as a shield is what sucks.

If there was no religion, morons would find some other following to get behind to voice their bigoted views.

Thank you, thank you, a thouzand times THANK YOU.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Unfortunately the existence of a God is an extraordinary claim, but unfortunately so is the claim that one does not exist at all.
How the hell is the claim that there is no being that is above all known laws of physics an extraordinary claim?
because it is non-falsifiable. Any claim that something which is non-falsifiable is false is extraordinary, no? It means you have evidence for that which there is none, which to me is pretty damn extraordinary.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Unfortunately the existence of a God is an extraordinary claim, but unfortunately so is the claim that one does not exist at all.
How the hell is the claim that there is no being that is above all known laws of physics an extraordinary claim?
because it is non-falsifiable. Any claim that something which is non-falsifiable is false is extraordinary, no? It means you have evidence for that which there is none, which to me is pretty damn extraordinary.
Non-falsifiable does not mean extraordinary. Seriously, you're trying way too hard to fit this where it doesn't. To claim that something non-falsifiable is false is not extraordinary. It does not mean you have evidence of anything to make a claim. So no, that logic is bunk.
Explain then explicitly what you mean by "extraordinary".

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Non-falsifiable does not mean extraordinary. Seriously, you're trying way too hard to fit this where it doesn't. To claim that something non-falsifiable is false is not extraordinary. It does not mean you have evidence of anything to make a claim. So no, that logic is bunk.
"Oh hey I'm going to use a word and when someone calls me on it then I'm going to ask them to define it hehehe"

Yeah, no. That's just stupid. If you don't know what it means, why the hell were you using it?
I know what I think it means, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. To me, any claim that says that "something which is non-falsifiable is false" is an extraordinary claim, because you suggest or imply that you have made an assertion which is illogical. That is, you are saying that (x which cannot be known to be true or false) is false. A contradiction.

Now will you PLEASE tell me what YOU think extraordinary means to we can avoid senseless communication?

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
I'm gonna chime in here even though I'm sure my opinion will be unpopular.

I'm a Christian, and I am against homosexuality. Note the 'ity' at the end of that word. I have no problem with homosexuals as people, my problem is with homosexuality as a practice. I believe this because of the teachings of Jesus and the precedent he set to love the sinner but hate the sin.

I know there are many people in the Christian community who believe differently, but those people are something I like to call wrong. The Bible could not be more clear about how Christians are to deal with sin.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
zehydra said:
"Oh hey I'm going to use a word and when someone calls me on it then I'm going to ask them to define it hehehe"

Yeah, no. That's just stupid. If you don't know what it means, why the hell were you using it?
I know what I think it means, I just want to make sure we're on the same page. To me, any claim that says that "something which is non-falsifiable is false" is an extraordinary claim, because you suggest or imply that you have made an assertion which is illogical. That is, you are saying that (x which cannot be known to be true or false) is false. A contradiction.

Now will you PLEASE tell me what YOU think extraordinary means to we can avoid senseless communication?
Well why go into that when the grounds for you claiming it is extraordinary are blatantly false?

It is not a contradiction to say that something you can't know to be false is false. It would be a contradiction to say that you *know* it to be false, not to say it *is* false. Your logic there is really shoddy.
well if you say that a non-falsifiable thing is false, why is that any better than saying a non-falsifiable thing is true?