Alan Wake Canned for Pc

Green Tentacle

Apr 9, 2009
I find it hillarious how people compare this to Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain is a interactive murder mystery drama while Alan Wake is a psychological thriller action game.

And it's also hillarious when people ***** how Microsoft puts their games on the PC, but when they don't everyone is always angry at them.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Bah... it is not that this game doesn't come to PC... the PC's are too good for this. BAH... We didn't want to have your game anyways, right guys? Guys? Damn, i am lonely *g*

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Dexter111 said:
It might not be Linux but they're walking a thin line, gaming was always one of the main reasons for using Windows for me, imagine if Google or NVIDIA or whoever suddenly decided to develop (or furtherly develop, there's already a "Google Chrome OS" in the making) a user-friendly alternative that you can play games on/have support for most of them and they also have support/alternatives for Apps like Photoshop or Word.

And its not like "Alan Wake" is the first or only title, there's lots of them like the Halo Series, Gears of War, Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 2, Fable Series and others
You're underestimating what it will take to actually create an OS that can compete with Windows. "Google Chrome OS" is basically a really fancy browser sitting on top of Linux, designed for netbooks where the use does little but surf the net. Since the rise of MS, Apple, and the retarded little brother Linux, nobody has really even tried to break into the OS market.

Macs, meanwhile, aren't going anywhere in the business world as long as they cost twice what an equivalent Windows machine does and maintain a closed system.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Ah well, I'll get it on 360 then. Simple. I'm no elitist. Especially when I have both.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Congratulations Microsoft-- you just neutered my interest in this game, completely and totally. If it's all the same to you, I'll be playing Heavy Rain and making this graphics designer I know cry himself to sleep.

I mean, seriously. Why would they do something like this?

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
comadorcrack said:
In the words of Darth Vader

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Actually I'm not that upset, I just don't like the idea of exclusives...
That never happened. Darth Vader did under no circumstances do the NOOOOO scene. I take issue with your blatant lies. They are hurtful and unwarranted.

I'm not that upset either, it just means I won't be playing this game. I just sold my 360. Didn't like the games, except Shadow Complex and Skate but I've played through those one time too many. What few other games I like I get enough of with friends who have the system. I wouldn't pay what the shops want for them.

If the publishers don't want me playing this game, fine. There are plenty of other games to play.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
masakoz said:
here's a crazy idea pc fanboys!buy a fuckin 360 !
You really didn't think that post through at all did you? I could make a rather lengthy breakdown of why that post is stupid, but I'll leave it at this: Not buying a game because you prefer a particular platform over another is not crazy, Nor does it make you a fanboy.

Telling a particular strawman you seem to have an odd hatred for to purchase a platform you particularly favour intermixed with a few choice insults makes you the crazy fanboy.

Onto the topic at hand. I've never heard of Alan Wake, if it was a game I cared about I would certainly care, not enough to buy a console as I simply don't have the cash to throw around on expensive console titles. (Where I live, console games are ridiculously expensive, where as I can digitally obtain brand new PC games for half the price).

As well as this, I reject the assertion that porting xbox games to PC are hard. Numerous developers have shared the information that it isn't particularly difficult. Exclusives in the sense of a release date a couple months before the PC title makes marketing sense in a few ways. But not a pure exclusive.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
You know what they did with Alan Wake is kinda like a scam. They used Alan Wake to advertise Dx10, Vista and Quad Core CPU's. A lot of people bought Vista and Quad Core CPU to play this game. And now it's not coming to PC. I don't really care. I lost all interest in this game 2 years ago.