Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Worgen said:
pretty much the only things we can do that prove any kind of worth are art and music
I would......
Save us Minmay!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Tsaba said:
Worgen said:
pretty much the only things we can do that prove any kind of worth are art and music
I would......
I never said it was all good

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Worth enslaving? Nah, humans make terrible slaves.

Oh... SAVING? Um... still nah.

Estocavio

Aug 5, 2009
Easy. Humans are highly advanced organic molecular machines, capable of persistently furthering Science, Research, and Development. And will continue to be able to do so if allowed to.

We are open to Negociation, and in the long term, as two species, can benefit each other.

-
"The Majority of the Human Race are Sheep, pretending to be Important. We are Important - Very Important. And Intelligent. Or, at least, those of us who arent pretending to be Important where it doesnt count. They dont count. They are Commoners, Pedestrians, Employees, and Degenerates. All of whom keep life interesting, whilst everyone else achieves Productivity; Or who harvest the crops to feed those vastly more Important than themselves. We are all essential. Even the drunk idiot who picks fights with passers by. It keeps the Victims life interesting. And if the Victim is defenceless, then the Victim will make good reading material for a couple of days. And if the Victim can defend themself, then all the better to Him." -Me, a few years ago, in a Story i threw together while i was sick.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Byere said:
I couldn't... Anything I said would be a lie as I personally don't feel humanity, in its current state, is worth saving.
Yeah pretty much,there's only so many people worth saving that is isn't worth the time NOT destroying everyone,though a "Being Saved From Aliens Destroying Us" audition may help us find the right people.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
As able to be redeemed as I think a great many of us are, I still think the day the world stood still ended improperly. An alien race comes down to save a rare life-giving planet from a self-destructive population of humans and they just change their mind?

I personally don't see how great swaths of population can't be bothered to give a shit, but there are billions of self-centered NIMBYs on this planet we could do without. I mean why should someone need to come along with a big stick to get people to do the right thing? Why can't people just do it because it's the right thing to do?

I can't say I would embrace a culling, but can anyone really say they didn't see it coming?

Jan 27, 2011
I would tell that that as it stands, humanity as a whole is not worth saving.

HOWEVER!!!

There are many individuals worth saving, and if the whole system could be shook up enough and we could get a fresh start with the right kind of people in charge everywhere...Then humanity might become worth saving.

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Because there are shitty planets to destroy? Or have them listen to our music. Either one.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Yeah I'd just tell them to start now and they could be finished by dinner time.

Calbeck

Bearer of Pointed Commentary
Jul 13, 2008
naughtynazgul said:
What do you say/do?

You've all probably seen movie/game (coughgreenlanterndaytheearthstoodstillcough) where aliens debate on whether they should commit to sparing/saving Earth.
"Oh, you're threatening my planet? And you're not immune to sharp bits of lead moving at high velocity?...bad move, landing here in Arizona."

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
I would retort by asking them why they are worth saving. If they could not satisfy me with a good answer I would sneeze on them and infect them, War of the worlds style. Bye bye Aliens you condecending, self important, bad immune system bunch of galaxy police. Meet the human race!

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
I don't think I'd bother. What the hell do they care about our meagre accomplishments? They came here. From Space.

Me: Well, this is the Musée du Louvre, and we keep some of our very best art here...

Alien: Oh, you mean these colourful etchings? Wow, you mean you guys can even colour white surfaces? Oh, I am def. impressed

Me: And, uh, here is some of our classical music...

Alien: Well, this is amazing- you mean you guys can tighten pieces of string and make tubes with holes in them? Then make noise with them? Wow, that uses the basic science we teach to our infants as they are being pulled out of the birthing vats.

Alien's Friend: Ha ha, right on, dude. *High Five*

Even the greatest of our work is nothing to a race that has achieved interstellar travel.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
I'll point out to them that we invented popsicles. This is historically humanity's contribution to the civilized universe. That, and we are incredibly good at getting things done. And we're sneaky. They admire this.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
AbundantRedundancy said:
I'd ask, "Who the fuck are you to judge?"
This. We are the race of balance. Capable of great good and great evil. some do each, most do nothing, but still we advance. You should spare us because of our potential, the risk of evil does not justify extinguishing the chance of good.

LikeDustInTheWind

Mar 29, 2010
Skullkid4187 said:
Well, I'd punch that alien and declare war! We'll show them whose the superior beings!
And then we would all die because the aliens have interstellar travel and superior technology. At least we fought to the death!