Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
I would start by asking the aliens what they have done to deserve their continued existence, and what they would consider their ultimate goals.

Because if you ask me, I honestly don't think we deserve to be saved. We are the only animal on the planet that has to completely destroy/change entire environments/ecosystems just to survive. What we do is to our benefit only, and that doesn't jive with the whole "being worth saving" thing. But if the aliens get to us, I have to wonder if they did so through the same methods or if they're actually doing what they do for non-selfish reasons.

If it's actually better for the universe that humans all die, I can't let my personal stake in the matter effect how I feel about it.

falseMessiah

Feb 23, 2011
Did you know that we human's like to kill things? Look at our history, how do you think we were able to crawl out of the dirt and dominate this planet even in the face of physically superior competitors. We humans are also quite good at killing things and it's only a matter of time before we figure out a way to kill your people efficiently. So if you still wish to exterminate us, I recommend that you do it with haste and are quite thorough in your follow through. Otherwise your race will join the ranks of creatures that tried but failed to subdue humanity and wound up extinct as a result.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
simple, we'd be an infinte and cost free source of entertainment. all they'd have to do is desceatly monitor our world and when ever they're feeling bored they can check and see what those wacky Earthanoids are up to

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Kurokami said:
HT_Black said:
Kurokami said:
HT_Black said:
Send them a care package including a copy of the New Testamet and the Koran, two live baby rabbits, two teenagers in love, a green chicken egg weighing 2 grams, a picture of the Eiffel tower, and a bit of asorted bric-a-brac. Either they get it or they don't.
Didn't get it myself, but sending them the Quran and the New Testament to have them fighting amongst themselves sounds like a great idea.
Pretty words, other pretty words, something adorable (which is unique to Earth), something passionate [albeit stupid], something strange and wonderful (unique to earth), a kickass building (unique to Earth), and whatever else is nice that's unique to Earth. The message being "Here's some really cool stuff we did, don't blow us up. Or at least take all that stuff with you."
How can you confidently say they're all unique to earth? I mean, yes the chances that they have near the exact same things is minuscule, but having nothing even remotely similar, that I would doubt as well.
To be honest, I'm just sort of hoping that they hail from some sort of brimstone-and-hellfire-riddled rock of a planet. Or maybe some kind of green mucusoid slimeball. Or something where rabbits and big metal phallic symbols aren't don't flourish.

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
DarkOsmosis said:
aenimau5 said:
We make excellent slaves.
Exactly, one thing an advanced alien would probably suffer from is physical and immunological atrophy due to technology substituting their need for strength and a strong immune system. We can already see in first world countries that the prevalence of auto-immune disorders and allergies compared to say only 50 years ago, just imagine that effect tenfold on an alien species that has become dependant on technology. They would value our comparatively superior and robust immune system as well as our physical strength due to our brief flirtation with technological advances; which would naturally make us useful to them as them for manual labour or medical research (which I suppose they could also take by force) so as to give them a reason not to destroy us out of scientific curiosity.
Emmm... yes?

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
I would simply show them my breasts.
I always knew they would play a key role in saving he world one day.
...at least that's what my husband keeps telling people.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Can't compute logic-

Aim every ICBM on this planet at their mothership,

and someone find me Commander Shepard!

On second thought, let's just give them a copy of Mass Effect 2.