All-Male Ghostbusters Film is in The Works

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
thaluikhain said:
The Hungry Samurai said:
Channing Tatum would make a perfect Tracy the Gorilla
I think you might have won the internet there.
If this isn't the set up for an April Fools trailer for the other Ghostbusters then I will have lost faith in humanity.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I was fully expecting this to be a Taco article. I was sorely disappointed. Sex segregation aside, Aykroyd and Sony resurrecting and milking the franchise won't be doing the Ghostbusters legacy any favors.

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
But surely they will cast a poc for a role or two? Or do we need to wait for a poc film too?

My nearest poc cinema is still playing 70's films, so it would be great to have something new for once.

Ncrdrg

Sep 12, 2014
This is kinda sad. Both films, really. Reboots rarely work well. This is why I was so baffled by the 'omg, yes yes, all-women cast' reaction. Forget ideology for a moment and think critically. Odd it will be a good film? Low. And now a second film and they're saying they want this to be a franchise? Doesn't sound good either.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Here's an idea; how about a Ghost Busters film that *gasp* is both male and female led?????

Crazy, I know, but it just might work.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
"Yeah, The Amazing Spider-Man universe was such a great success, let's try it again with another beloved franchise. I'm sure we'll do even better this time!" says the blind and deaf Sony Exec.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Did they say it would necessarily be an all-male film? Male-led doesn't mean only male.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
Somekindofgold said:
As for the numerous people who will no doubt complain about this (and are already complaining about it on social media and sites like i09), this is what you wanted people, this is equality. An all female movie, and an all male movie, its everything you ever wanted. Of course this hinges on the belief you really wanted equality and arent just fighting to push men down as much as possible nowdays.
You sir have definitely hit the nail on the head. This is the logical (and I use that term VERY loosely) endpoint of the 'absolutely everything must be absolutely equal super-egalitarian awesomeness' thought process. And the sad thing is, in the end the movies will probably end up making nobody happy. The gender extremists on either side will keep complaining, and the rest of us will have to suffer two different movies that take a beloved old property and fuck it in ways that are illegal in most countries.

Fun times. :/

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I saw this and thought Well, fuck this! Then i saw Channing Tatum was involved and it became Well Fucking Fuck this shit then!

Seriously though, here comes the marketing machine...bleh

Somekindofgold

Feb 24, 2015
Brian Tams said:
Here's an idea; how about a Ghost Busters film that *gasp* is both male and female led?????

Crazy, I know, but it just might work.
Thats the logic the crazies who were celebrating the all female ghostbusters movie are now using, when before they were fucking dancing because they'd stolen a franchise from the patriarchy.

Delicious backpeddling

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Totally thought that this was Taco News for a moment. Callback humor is best humor.

That said... I have no strong feelings one way or the other. I've never watched Ghostbusters, and I don't see why both films can't be entertaining.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Somebody probably posted it here and I know I read this elsewhere but I feel like spreading this around because it's a pretty good quote: "This situation reminds me of those times a little girl wants to play with an abandoned toy on the playground. As soon as she picks it up, a little boy screams, 'NOOO, I'M NOT DONE PLAYING WITH THAT' before snatching it violently out of her hands and pretending to play with it long enough for her to turn around and start walking away".

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Since when did Taco News get dedicated articles?! This has to be a joke, right?! This is liking saying they're going to release a novelization of the Hobbit Movie. You just want to kick a puppy its so stupid!

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
Somebody probably posted it here and I know I read this elsewhere but I feel like spreading this around because it's a pretty good quote: "This situation reminds me of those times a little girl wants to play with an abandoned toy on the playground. As soon as she picks it up, a little boy screams, 'NOOO, I'M NOT DONE PLAYING WITH THAT' before snatching it violently out of her hands and pretending to play with it long enough for her to turn around and start walking away".
Its from a webcomic. The boy yells "I am silly!" and melts into a puddle.

I never understood the message behind it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Why do I smell Green Lanter and Ultimate Spiderman all over again as they predict it to be good to go ahead at making a sequel already but then the film itself will bombed?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
f***ing... You're focusing on the wrong aspect of the movie... again. The main characters all having a matching gender should not be your primary concern, unless that's the primary point of the movie, and if it is I'll go ahead and void seeing it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Whats next, an all animal version of Ghostbusters? (That would be cool, they could bust ghost animals) Thing is why are they talking about franchies and side projects before they have even finished the current Ghostbusters movie? This is heading the same way as The Amazing Spiderman movie - to much concentration on the next sequel and spinoffs instead of making a really good movie.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
I'm fine with a reboot, and I'm fine with a continuation. But stop with the Gender Bias gimmicks. The all female one will be poorer for passing up on good male actors that would have done the job better, and the all male one will have the same fault for having to pass on good female actors that would have been better.

Focus on a good script, and then find actors that fit into your archetypes. Saying "All Actors Must Be Black" cuts you short in the same way as saying "All Actors Must Be White Male".

On top of that this looks like the road to making Ghostbusters as Sexist, and possible as Racist as they can make it. Next it will be the All Latino team, and the All Asian Team, and so on and so forth.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
Can someone just keep me safe from scary noises in the kitchen and catch some fucking ghosts? Man or woman, I'll love you forever.