Alpha Protocol Sex Scenes: "Tasteful" Yet "Satisfying"

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Byers said:
I think I will trust my own opinion on the matter more so than statistics found on the internet. But thank you for your fanboy rage.
Rage? [http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rage] If you think that was 'rage' then you might need to grow skin thicker than a sheet of toilet paper.

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Seems appropriate to me. If awesome spies can't get laid, who can?

I'm sure it will be done very tastefully. Atleast there won't be any blue aliens this time.

thisguyfromthere

Mar 6, 2009
Could someone please tell me how anything related to sex is (imagine me saying this is a holier-than-thou, nasal accent) "tasteful?"

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
thisguyfromthere said:
Could someone please tell me how anything related to sex is (imagine me saying this is a holier-than-thou, nasal accent) "tasteful?"
Well, you stick your hoo-hah in her whatsie-doosie and then there's a fade to black.

At least, that's what I learned from Hollywood.

In real life it's seldom the antiseptic, over-romanticized yet hypersensationalized tripe that the media usually springs on us... thank goodness.

Gildedtongue

Nov 9, 2007
To be fair, it makes sense in this game. Most if not all pulp-spy stories include at least one steamy, silhouetted sex scene.

Hell, even Golgo 13 for the NES had one.

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
Odude said:
...it has gratuitous amounts of sex in it.
It does not have gratuitous amounts of sex in it. In fact, even if you have the uncensored version, I think you can go through the entire game and not see any boobs at all, except perhaps the dryad Morenn's and that's just because she's a dryad and doesn't wear clothes.

ANYWAY, on the topic, I'll gladly get this game because it looks like fun and I've enjoyed all the games Obsidian's made, sex or no sex.

Odude

Jan 28, 2009
Arassar said:
It does not have gratuitous amounts of sex in it. In fact, even if you have the uncensored version, I think you can go through the entire game and not see any boobs at all, except perhaps the dryad Morenn's and that's just because she's a dryad and doesn't wear clothes.

ANYWAY, on the topic, I'll gladly get this game because it looks like fun and I've enjoyed all the games Obsidian's made, sex or no sex.
Yes, I do have the EU version, and if you actually read all I wrote, I said that you can skip every scene in the entire game. Skippable =/= non existent. The game has loads of sex in it. Does that make it a bad game? Hell no. In fact it's one of my favorite games ever made. I would never not buy a game because it had sexual content, it just doesn't offend me.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
It does bug me a bit that developers look to sex to justify the claim that they are making "mature games" but then again nothing says responsible adult like intercourse.

>.>

<.<

Well, at least seduction is/was an element in the world of spies, so kudos to Obsidian for covering all the bases (Bah-dum-tish!). I honestly don't give a rat's ass if there is sex or not, so far it looks a good game and unless there is something horribly appalling with it I doubt I would not buy it!.