Alt+Escape: Don't Touch My Gems!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

Well, you can touch them, you'll just die horribly in a fire.

Read Full Article

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
ooooo, a tower defense. I was wondering when Alt+Esc would get one.

EDIT: now that I've beat it I have a question. Did anyone else find the second to last level MUCH harder than the last one. I had to grind quite a few level to just barely beat that one and I beat the last one without losing a gem the first try.

Renaisance

Feb 16, 2010
alrady finished this game ages ago adn up to level 32 :D (just rubbing ure faces in it )
still cant stop playing it though despite having done all the levels REPEATADLY :D

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
...Thank you, Alt+Esc. Thank you for reminding me just how rubbish I am at Tower defense games. ;_;

Seriously, though I've been at this for the better part of two hours now. WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF??

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Really fun game. The only downside is that you pretty much have to grind the same levels over and over in order to get enough levels to get perfect scores.

Taco of flames

May 30, 2009
I agree, this is awesome. I've found that heavily speccing into Undead first makes for easy pickings. I mean, 40% fear on a level 4 tower? That's pretty sweet, right there. Then you get freeze, and the three-shot salvo at the beginning of a wave. Orc looks like the better one to go into next, then Demon. Although I have heard that investing in fully upgraded Meteor is "tha shiz." But anyway, I really enjoy this game, and not even the inability to reset talents matters much, it just adds a bit of thinking to the game.

EDIT: I noticed earlier today that this has become the highest-rated game on Kongregate, despite it only having been there for about a week. I mean, it's not hard to get a good rating on Kong, but this game definitely deserves it.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I am amazed by how addictive this is. Nice pick!
This is one of the best tower defenses I've played, and i haven't played a lot of tower defense games. Anyways, cool game, a bit too addictive, i can't stop playing it.

I didn't like the last few games presented in the Alt+Escape, but this one is gold.

Thanks for the cool game!

klakkat

May 24, 2008
Oh yeah, that game is pretty good. I play it through Kongregate, and finally managed to get all 15 Brilliant ratings.

Taco of flames said:
I agree, this is awesome. I've found that heavily speccing into Undead first makes for easy pickings. I mean, 40% fear on a level 4 tower? That's pretty sweet, right there. Then you get freeze, and the three-shot salvo at the beginning of a wave. Orc looks like the better one to go into next, then Demon. Although I have heard that investing in fully upgraded Meteor is "tha shiz." But anyway, I really enjoy this game, and not even the inability to reset talents matters much, it just adds a bit of thinking to the game.
I invested in Demon last; Orc is good either first or second because it increases your cash flow. Demon is best for Meteor because that fully upgraded spell is pretty much the only way to kill Ninja Bosses; I did this last because that only matters when you're going for the Brilliant ratings

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
GRAGH, its really annoying when you survive the entire round then lose your last gem to the last guy on the last wave!

warbaloon

Aug 11, 2009
I actually started with demon and the only levels that gave me any trouble were 6 and 14. Increased exp. really helps and return portal saved me more than once on the hard levels (6 and 14). Low cost meteors were nice when I had to deal with thieves (burning temples also will hit them when they are in stealth if they see another enemy), but I still mostly just crypt spammed and had temples where they would be in range of enough enemies.

Actually what made 6 so hard was the assassins.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Ach, Wilson linked this game in IRC about... two hours ago.
And I'm still playing it.
Damn you, Wilson!
*Goes back to the game*
EDIT: Woo! I completed the game earlier!
And... I've left it on pause...

Saul B

Feb 9, 2009
Really good, although it has a couple of flaws... For example, when a baddie caps a gem, the baddie disappears. This is really stupid, for example when a boss can only cap one gem, meaning they aren't a challenge unless you only have 1 gem left. Overall, a great TD game.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
John Funk said:

Well, you can touch them, you'll just die horribly in a fire.

Read Full Article
DAMN YOU! I just realised its now 10pm and I have been playing that more addictive than heroin game for most of the day!

I will now have to boycott Alt-Esc because I have important work due in a month if a few more games like this make it on I will never get it done!