Alt+Escape: Super Mario Crossover

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Under-rated? Say what?

Your bound to get Metroid and Super Metroid on every single Top 10 best NES and SNES games list ever. Usually they take NR.1-3.

From what I heard the Gamecube Metroids are also supposed to be the best games on that system. They certainly have more acclaim than Mario Sunshine.
But never the SALES.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Necromancer1991 said:
Let me see, Richter double jumps, Billy has his machine gun, link has his sworsd (no blade beams?)
if by blade beams you mean shooting his sword.
then yes he can do that.

just grab a flower.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
This game is freaking fun. I for one think Bill R from Contra is overpowered, because he just owns everything with is firepower.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
A damn good flash game if there ever was one. I own the regular terrain with bill and then storm the castle with Simon Belmont.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Fan-Effing-TASTIC.

Hit the upside with Link, the Undergound with Samus, and put and axe in Bowser's face with Simon.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
Huh, not a bad game, I like it. It's a cool idea to put all different kinds of retro characters in the Mushroom Kingdom to face Bowser and it plays well too. I'm not sure who is my favorite character since each one is so different but I like playing as all of them. I think that the best addition to the game is having all of the different themes from each of the character's series, which is kind of the reason why I like playing as Megaman in the water levels and Simon in the underground levels. Nice choice for this weeks Alt+Escape John Funk, it's a fun game.

Anyway this game kind of reminds me of two other crossover games that I have played in the past. They are called Megaman vs Metroid and Megaman vs Ghosts 'n Goblins and are essentially mashups where you play as Megaman and have to traverse through Samus or Arthur's level while killin enemies along they way. At the end of each game, you face either Samus or Arthur which is challenging but fun. If you beat them you collect their power which can be used in that stage or even be transfered over to the other game. They are both really fun games and they have some cool extra features for some replayabilty. Both of the games are here if anyone wants to play them.

http://www.brokenfunction.com/

Captain Lag

Jun 29, 2009
Yes! I finally played a flash game before it appeared on this segment. My frivolous goal has been completed.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Haha I couldn't help but notice everyone complaining about Megaman being overpowered yet everyone says he's the only person they'd play. Just a little confused haha. Is being overpowered a complaint or a plus?

tottb0x

Aug 6, 2008
one of the best flash games i've ever seen.

And yes Megaman is op. And yes, it is a good thing.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I really enjoy this game. It is a lot of fun playing with classic characters in Mario Bros.

Megaman may be overpowered, but he's still my favorite character to use.

MotenaiRonin

Aug 28, 2009
ARGH >< Curses I left Link underpowered and its nigh impossible to run him under Bowser's fat arse and I can't get close enough to boomerang him (if that has any effect at all) a shot of Link and Peach would be epic for the Lulz factor, sigh. Nay I beat bowser with megaman, which i'm sure is def not i'm the first...

Does the sword pound work on hammers?

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
For some reason the first time I played as Mega Man I failed to realised that the slide wasn't an attack. Aside from that he's pretty awesome.

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
Bill is the most overpowered, just get him a flower and he can blast anything, he's especially great on those annoying Lakitu levels.

Like others have said all characters are overpowered, except maybe Simon. I'd even argue the game is about 3x harder if you only use Simon.

I want to see what happens if they try to put all these people into Castelvania myself, I bet that game would get a whole lot easier.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha, pretty cool. I'd like to see them do it with every game these heroes come from! Then we'll finally know if Megaman levels really are hard of if it's Megaman who's lame! ;-) Although if it's difficult to get through Contra's levels with Contra guys, going through them with Link or Mario would be suicide by insanity...

The fact that the tall characters can't hit the enemies unless they're prone is funny, once, then annoying, for ever. Still a pretty nice game.