Am I Going to Die?

forever saturday

Nov 6, 2008
just to stop the argument, i am american (unfortunately) and still think that metric is better (and international AKA british spelling). we really should make the switch but they wont do it because that was already tried in the eighties and nobody cared because americans are just too damn stubborn to change.

anyway when i was in like kindergarten i had croup or something. for those of you who dont know what this is, this meant i would wake up at like five in the morning and be gasping for breath. honestly thought i was going to die, though i was like five at the time.

theres this place in colorado called oh my god road. its a road on the mountainside. cant remember what part of colorado. anyway you think its called that because its like "oh my god this is so beautiful" but its more like "oh my god i am going to die". its one lane wide with no safety rail or paving. and we were in a big suv at the time. and its only got one lane even though its a two way street, so passing is next to impossible. and sometimes big semi trucks come down the road. and the road is next to a steep cliff drop. scary.

probably more that i cant remember right now.

Joselyn

Feb 5, 2009
I once had a scarily vivid nightmare, in which I was stabbed in the abdomen...what was freaky was....when I woke up (immediately after I was stabbed) I actually had pain in the region where I'd been stabbed in the nightmare...and I guess that was the closest I ever came to death...lol
But in reality, I have been nearly been killed by several crazy Parisian drivers...they are crazy...

Adam Jenson

Dec 23, 2008
Joselyn said:
I once had a scarily vivid nightmare, in which I was stabbed in the abdomen...what was freaky was....when I woke up (immediately after I was stabbed) I actually had pain in the region where I'd been stabbed in the nightmare...and I guess that was the closest I ever came to death...lol
Me too!

I was once stabbed in the stomach. I can remember it vividly. Everything went cold and clammy, I lost feeling in my legs. My vision blacked out. I can even remember the sensation of my own blood on my hands.

I woke up from that dream soon after but It was so real.

Apr 28, 2008
When I was walking on ice "taking a shortcut to get somewhere" and fell through the ice.
in the movies when people do that I shout "grab the ice idiots!"

but its pretty hard to do that when you can't move your limbs because they are numb and don't respond.

thankfully someone was passing by and helped me.

scariest moment of my life.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Yeah .... I was on the M5 (outside Sydney) on my motorbike and there was an accident up ahead ... so I managed to brake .. almost slamming into the car in front of me ... and then I heard a screech behind me and there was a truck ... so I drop the clutch and leant hard left onto the safety bank. And he slammed into the car infront of me at about 30-40 Ks ....

Not a fast collision and both of them were okay .. but if I was between them I would have been crushed.

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
We are all on death row right now.. In a hundred some years every single living person on this planet is dead..

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
scoHish said:
Evilbunny said:
When I got diagnosed with cancer I was pretty sure I was gonna die within the next few months. Still alive, though. That was two years ago this June.
You got me and all the rest of the Escapist pullin' for you bro.
definitely

ZP---Fanatic

Dec 29, 2008
DangerChimp said:
First, can the fucking nerds in here please start a separate thread if they want to argue about Celsius versus Fahrenheit?
That /\

Anyway When i was 9 and on my quad i was ontop of a hill and try to put it into foward but accidentaly hit reverse and reversed down the hill fell to the bottom (Missing the quad by inches 1000000000<<<Exaggeration times or something like that And finally fell to the bottom with the handles breaking 1 of my ribs...went to hospital and nearly dead i was in that much Pain And i cant remember the rest

dijital101

Nov 7, 2008
When I was 17 I overdosed on multiple drugs. I was conscious through the whole ordeal. My heart rate went to 182 bpm and blood pressure went to 60/40. It felt like my heart was pumping cold water. I've been clean ever since.

When I was about 22 my brother-in-law and I were out in a friends speedboat and hit a cruiser wake. We went straight up and came down in the water transom first. I was dangling by the dash handle. I can't swim at all (or even float for that matter) and it was about 200 feet of water.

Unholykrumpet

Nov 1, 2007
Stevato said:
Unholykrumpet said:
Him: *pulls out a gun* "You better get the fuck back inside, and not move until I'm gone. Or do you want to die today?"
Jesus tittyfucking christ man, thats sounds insane, that must of been real scary.
Well done on trying to play the Hero though, i respect that sot of behaviour, me and alot of others

Anyway, my own experience, i was 4 and rode a quad bike into a truck, it wasnt the actual accident that me contemplate an early exit on life, but it was my dads truck... and i left a dent, i found that more life threatening
Yeah, unfortunately I'm not equipped with the ability required for that role. Nearly pissed myself as I was talking to him. Luckily I didn't get the chance to due to a massive blunt force trauma knocking all sense from my head. My pants probably thank him for that, though my head wanted to kick his ass.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
For no reason, not too long ago, my throat just closed up. I spent about two minutes suffocating before it just opened up again.
I considered the fact that I would die, but it didn't really trouble me too much.
I demand you take make one more post about pony's for your 1000th post

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Few times a month I have heart attack symptoms, but without the heart attack. Left side of body goes numb and really chest pains. Always a guessing game to see if ill make it through this time or well not.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
spuddyt said:
Mr. Moose said:
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Uh.
Not to get off topic but, Fahrenheit makes no sense?
Since when?

It makes more sense to say 0 Degrees is 0 Degrees and go from there, unlike Celcius which makes 100 degrees be like 40.
actually the only logical one is Kelvin, but unless you fancy giving all temperatures used in real life in a range of about 270-310, then you accept that logic isn't neccesarily helpful.
but Fahrenheit is more arbitrary than celsius, which uses the temp between water freezing and water boiling, whereas fahrenheit (i think) just uses some values that some guy came up with some day.
IIRC, it's based on the temperature of human blood. Celsius FTW

For me, when I was 12, a crackhead,who was wanted for murder, broke into my house while I was home alone. In reterospect, seeing as I was hiding behind a door with a sharpened 5" throwing knife in my hand, I may have stood a chance. Still freaked me out though.

JokerGrin

Jan 11, 2009
Once when I was really ill (extreme case of flu), in my sleep I felt like I was being dragged down. Didn't feel like a dream, I could actually feel it pulling me down, it actually hurt. But in my dream I kinda shouted "nonononotyet" and I came back up.

My girlfriend deduced I'd had a panic attack but I'm still not convinced.

Darkmark44

Nov 26, 2008
It funny, the only times in which I nearly died or thought i was going to die was in water. So...I nearly died once in a pool when some kid did not see me and jumped in with a raft, pinning me under the water. I was close to breathing in water. The last near death was...drowning...once again, out in the ocean, went under, big wave hit me and took the breathe out of me, slamming me to the floor, under water, my face buried in the sand. Now i wonder why i don't like water that much...

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
2. both recent.

1. A couple weeks ago, me and my friend were at my house, playing fallout 3, so i was very "post-apocolypticy." Well, Right after i had gotten done with Head of State, I heard this long, rumbling sound that sounded like thunder. only it was 15 degrees out. Later, we found out a point five earthquake happened just outside town, but honestly, i thought War was about to change. we called 911, but it was engaged.

2. last month, i just felt really weak all of a sudden. I felt light headed, i wasn't thinking straight, and didn't want to move. i just barely got to my bed before i passed out. still not sure what happened.