Am I Going to Die?

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
Hmm, lets see.

-15 foot fall on my head as a kids. Luckily, it just made a big hole in my head.

-Got my head run over by a bicycle as I was commando-crawling across a path as a kid. Sounds silly, but it earned me another open cranial and I was out cold for 12 hours.

-During swim class as kid, I lost my flotation belt. It wasn't really a problem until I bumped my head against it and noticed I had no flotation device. I panicked and started drowning. Swim teacher thought I was making fun of her so she was telling me off as I was sinking, until the other swim teacher noticed it was serious.

As an adult:

- Stung by jellyfish in the Mediterranean ocean, was cramping and calling for help. Fat german tourist floats by on a blow-op raft and says "Nicht schwimmen" whichs either meant "Don't swim" or "I can't swim". I got back to shore by myself

- Took the wrong Ecstacy pill back when that crap was all the rage. Dehydration and dizziness followed, spent all night steadily hydrating myself and trying to stay focused and awake. Not something I recommend

-Had a knife held against my throat by some wacko who though I had drugged his friends girlfriend. Luckily, I was able to talk him down. Later, me and some mates forced their door, rescued aforementioned girl who was being held by those two knife-crazies against her will and one of my buddies even succeded in stealing the knife I was threatened with

-Most of my hangovers :D

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
i've had loads...........

also i've had loads in my dreams..............

strangley the most easily remembered near death experiance is the one including water (without water there would be no life)

my one including me rapidly drowing (it hurts when its fast)

hit by a car (although i never really thought i was really dead)

get severely beaten (as in to the point where it not only left me physically scarred but also Pyschologically)

and in my dreams

get stabbed

get chain sawed

fall of a cliff

random death while walking

eaten by a shark

attacked by ants (they SWARM !!)

fall of balcony

get runover

arm ripped off

roaler coaster failure (i managed to block it all out it was REALLY SCARY)

hole in belly

Penis becomes Possessed (i know this sounds awkward but it was shit scary and it had teath !)

and thats as much as i can remember

Video Gone

Feb 7, 2009
Many nightmares.
One nightmare:I'm walking down a corridor.Silence.Hmm,there's a door at the end.I look behind me.I honestly can't remember coming in here.A man comes around the corner.He's running,screaming.Possibly insane.I pull out my gun (in the nightmare I was a cop.You know how dreams plant memories in your mind and you can be someone different?) take aim.He has a knife and is stretching his arms out."Damn it!" I shout as I miss his leg but instead hit his arm.He drops the knife,clutching his limp arm,but keeps running."He should be down,I hit a vein" I think.I shoot him in the head.Bang.I stare in disbelief and back away as he keeps running."What is he?!" I think.I get to the door.He shouts "NO!DON'T GO OUT THERE!"."What?" I shout loudly,my voice echoing off the walls."So you can carve me up?" I open the door hastily.I take a step out.My foot doesn't find the ground."Hmm.Quite a step" I think.I look down.There's the ground.At least 100 ft down.That man was trying to stop me,not kill me.I sighed and resigned myself to death.
I wake up,terrified.The cop could keep a cool head,but I'm not him when i wake up.I'm just me.
I honestly thought i was done for.

Dread_Reaper

Dec 4, 2008
Evilbunny said:
Dread_Reaper said:
Accidentally choked on a piece of steak.

No one was around to give me the Heimlich, so I ran wildly around the store until I passed out mid-step from lack of oxygen. Long story short, my fall dislodged the piece of meat. The staff found me unconscious on the floor about ten minutes later.

I then preceded to go back and eat the entire rest of the steak, choking bite included. Not going to let some fucking meal put me down.

-Dread_Reaper
That's just about the manliest thing I've ever heard.
Funny, that's exactly what the manager of the restaurant said after I'd finished the steak.

-Dread_Reaper

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
fullmetalangel said:
I once went to the ER because I had a fever of 42C. That's pretty close to dying I suppose.

edit: That's 107.6F for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Down with Fahrenheit, it makes no sense.
Celsius FTW!!!

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
My family can't die.

My dad had a house collapse on him. Still alive.

My mum had no feeling from the waist down pretty much, and she very well come have had her heart stop at anytime. Still alive.

My brother fell 3 stories, through a skylight on his feet he hit the floor. A jersey emergency room doctor was walking out of the elevator when he fell. Still alive.

My sister was shot the in the eye. Still alive.

So far I am still alive...
Your brothers and your sisters situation astounds me. Any details on how they ended up in those predicaments?

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Yes, sir, frankly, you are going to die. Multiple times.

But yeah, I've had numerous times I've thought (or atleast after understood) that I could've died.

christhe1der

Apr 3, 2008
Holy Jeez... There's some pretty hardcore stories here. Whatever I have actually seems pretty sad, but it was an NDE, so here goes:
The closest I ever came to dying was when I was six... My parents took me to the doctor because I had a pretty nasty dry cough. However, turns out that my seemingly-innocent "cough" was the result of very little oxygen getting from my lungs into my bloodstream. I was rushed to the ER in a big city about an hour from the small town where I live. As it turned out, it was actually some kind of miracle that I was even had enough in me to stay conscious After some intensive drugging, various medical procedures, and two fucking weeks stuck in a bed (which is FOREVER when you're six, and don't really know why you're there in the first place) I was finally able to go home, but for about two months after that I came short of breath very easily, and couldn't really play outside... so I got to stay inside with my N64... Which, to this day still gives me a lonely feeling of missing the sun every time I see Banjo

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
when i was around 7 or 8 years odl i had a serious headache that lasted several days and i mean like agonising pain type of headaches, i had to cry myself to sleep most of those nights.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Almost drowned once, back when I was about 8. I was learning to swim, and the teach kept telling me to go further, well I went further, got scared, and went to the bottom of the Pool. I seriously tough I was gonna die, luckily the teach jumped in the water and saved me.

Gooble

May 9, 2008
Meningitis B-hospital for 5 days, exactly a year ago. And I was actually dying. And it felt like it-horrific headache (probably like 8/10 on a pain scale, felt like someone punching me hard in the head every second), vomiting every 5-10 minutes, completely out of it.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Jumped into the deep end of a swimming pool when i still needed waterwings to swim. Almost drowned but i got pulled out by my dad. I got ice cream afterwards though so i at least benefitted there

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Shrifes said:
scoHish said:
Evilbunny said:
When I got diagnosed with cancer I was pretty sure I was gonna die within the next few months. Still alive, though. That was two years ago this June.
You got me and all the rest of the Escapist pullin' for you bro.
Definitely going to second that statement.
Fourtheth (or however the hell you spell that) here, all but luck to you.

Anyway, I can only remember being on some rapid simulation in a waterpark when I was about 8 or something wich was particulary busy at the time. I was riding it with my dad, but I was smaller so I went ahead of him. But then I came across a certain choke point, wich was a little waterslide in the middle of the rapid, so people were waiting there to enter the waterslide while there was a decent amount of water turbulence. When I arrived there, there was a pretty fat dude waiting infront of me, but my speed and the turbulence in the water made me slip under his ass (yes, yes indeed...). So I was stuck under water under the ass of a fat dude, and because of the turbulence I couldn't get out. Then either the dude left, or my dad pulled me out, can't remember.

But right after typing the above, and wanting to type "I never been so scared." I know that wouldn't be true. One time during my primary school years, I was about 10 years old or a bit younger, some bullies chased me from school (something they did pretty regulary, but this time they were holding on much longer, like bloodhounds). I fled in a little playground, hidden between houseblocks (read: no one around) and hid in some tube thing. I thought I was safe...untill my 2 'best friends' (and only friends...) ratted me out. After that I was driven into a slide-climb-combination thingy and got cornered, after wich they threatened me with a knife and told me to stay away (although I was always the one fleeing from them) or they would poke there little toy in my belly (or something like that). I really thought I was going to die, most scary moment in my life. After they left, cackeling and (trying) to trash my bike, my 2 'best friends' were just laughing before they ran away. No one took that experience serious, no one helped me, I never felt so lonely. I think that was the moment I lost my trust in humanity, and I think I never really recovered from that (still lonely as hell, still very...suspicious with people, never really made real friends after that).

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I have a couple of times, but it was mostly an overreaction. Can't really think of any specific times but I have overreacted once or twice.

Assassinator said:
But right after typing the above, and wanting to type "I never been so scared." I know that wouldn't be true. One time during my primary school years, I was about 10 years old or a bit younger, some bullies chased me from school (something they did pretty regulary, but this time they were holding on much longer, like bloodhounds). I fled in a little playground, hidden between houseblocks (read: no one around) and hid in some tube thing. I thought I was safe...untill my 2 'best friends' (and only friends...) ratted me out. After that I was driven into a slide-climb-combination thingy and got cornered, after wich they threatened me with a knife and told me to stay away (although I was always the one fleeing from them) or they would poke there little toy in my belly (or something like that). I really thought I was going to die, most scary moment in my life. After they left, cackeling and (trying) to trash my bike, my 2 'best friends' were just laughing before they ran away. No one took that experience serious, no one helped me, I never felt so lonely. I think that was the moment I lost my trust in humanity, and I think I never really recovered from that (still lonely as hell, still very...suspicious with people, never really made real friends after that).
You just made me want to be your friend. I have never had to deal with anything like that, I'm normally cool with people in the "don't fuck with me, I won't fuck with you" sense, but bro I've been betrayed like that by some people who I thought were my friends.

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
when i was 12, i had to talk to the person at a skating rink about switching my skates, when i tried walking away i fell over and knocked all the air out of me and for some reason i couldn't breath through my mouth, luckily i was right next to the person and they told me i had to breath through my nose

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
I've had 2 what I call near death experiances.
1. I once went hiking for boy scouts and got stuck upside down repelling down a 30 foot rock face. Damn loose rocks....
2. A bit more serious was when I was tubing down a river in Utah. I went up ahead of my bro and my dad and I ran right into a beaver dam. I was stupid then and decided NOT to jump of the tube and got sucked under the dam. Because it was a rushing river, I couldn't get out. Luckily, my dad showed up to pull me out as soon as I ran out of air.

kelnadine

May 18, 2008
Ah, yeah, I've almost drowned a few times. The first time, I was in a pool at the local college because they were offering swimming lessons. I was just about 5 years old. Because the pools were so deep, they put tables in the water for us to stand on, so it wouldn't be so deep. Well, while the instructor was at the other end of the pool with my cousin, I was left alone standing on that table.
Naturally...I walked straight off it. I sank to the bottom of the pool and just looked around...somehow incredibly calm. I remember turning in place to watch everyone else from underwater and just kinda knew they wouldn't notice me in time. Really, it's a bizarre memory, and I don't even remember getting saved. I think I blacked out.

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
I suppose this doesn't really count as there was no imminent threat of death, as such, but I once went bike riding on a frozen lake with two of my friends...

jhs5jh

Jan 18, 2009
When I was a baby I had meningitis and was on the brink of death for a few days. Obviously I can't remember it at all though.

Also, when I was little I had a mouthful of peanuts when my uncle picked me up and span me round really fast in the air. I couldn't breathe and blacked out. Woke up in hospital with the peanuts having got into my lungs. Caused a massive infection that nearly killed me!

Plus I've nearly drowned about 4 or 5 times. Last I can remember was a dodgy water park in France that was blatantly illegal. Went on a really badly designed slide that shoots water directly into your mouth all the way down. Turns out I passed out on the slide and came to at the end surrounded by a gawking crowd. I tell you what though, that drink of Coke I had 5 minutes later was the best thing I've ever tasted in my life!