Am I the only one who doesn't have Modern Warfare 2?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
I don't have it, don't really want it but my friends stucka knife to my throat and said "You must get this game." and went and killed a chicken in the holy name of Captain Price. So I either get it, or I die(as another offering to Capatain Price). I need new friends.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
I dont have it yet either. Only as I am a bum with no job at the moment. But I'm quite happy with my CoD4 for now. So can wait...Just.

gamefreakbsp

Sep 27, 2009
No you are not the only one. But it is a good game, well worth the money that you will be spending on it if you buy it new.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
imahobbit4062 said:
Pielikey said:
Bah. I'm waiting for it to go on sale at Steam or something, but I think 50% off is still about 40 dollars too much for what they've done to the online multi-player.
You get treated like the rest of us.
Get the fuck over it.
Well they are treating you like an idiot who will toss money at them whenever they ask you to. You really shouldn't accept that kind of BS. Maybe it's not all that possible on console but if it's possible it's only fair to want some more bang for your dollar. Would you settle for expensive "OK/GOOD" or cheaper "Mother fucking brilliant!"?

To original guy:
I'd love for them to add mod support to. Don't know why they are afraid of that. Dragon Age has brilliant mod support and an excellent community and still sells bucket loads of their DLC. 4-6 hrs (plus maybe 200 hrs of half decent multiplayer) of gameplay for 59.99 OR years of gameplay for 49.99? I choose the 2nd option. Mods are awesome.

OT:
No I do not have MW2 because I'm not some consumer whore.

ZlagarX

Sep 15, 2009
OptimusHagrid said:
I'm getting it. Looking forward to the campaign and split screen.

ZlagarX said:
I bought it a few days after releas, but one of my friends did not buy it, and I am constantly nagging on him to buy it, he said he would but he didn't so I'm quite mad, I think it is starting to get on his nervs.
Got any good nagging tips BTW?
Pain usually works. Whenever your friend is in your presence, make sure to constantly pinch their upper arm.
Thanks I will try it some time, but as my friend is very aggresiv I will probably get a fist in face reply, but it is worth it, if he decide to get it

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
arc1991 said:
Flamezdudes said:
No, you're not. I hate FPS games, especially COD so i don't have it ofcourse. The fucking fanboys in my school are annoying.
may i ask whats wrong with FPS games? lol
He didn't say there was anything wrong with them, he just doesn't like them. And yes, CoD fanboys are quite annoying, even though I have the game and love it, I really agree with that.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
I don't own it yet for all the same reasons you listed but in addition I haven't been impressed with the Call of Duty line since I first heard it was a military FPS. It was about at that point that my eyes glazed over with dis-interest and I knocked off for other, more compelling genres.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
Snowalker said:
I don't have it, don't really want it but my friends stucka knife to my throat and said "You must get this game." and went and killed a chicken in the holy name of Captain Price. So I either get it, or I die(as another offering to Capatain Price). I need new friends.
DO NOT, GET THAT GAME! Wait for proper online and mod support. Do not be a consumer whore or fall into the demands of terrorists.

Did it help?

mindclockwork

Jul 17, 2008
i haven't got MW 2. as a matter of fact after august i haven't even played any computer games.

(hint. my compu broke down)

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Pielikey said:
Bah. I'm waiting for it to go on sale at Steam or something, but I think 50% off is still about 40 dollars too much for what they've done to the online multi-player.
You get treated like the rest of us.
Get the fuck over it.
See this is the sort of response that makes me lose respect for the console gaming community.

Why should gamers settle for a game that's been downgraded majorly compared to its predecessor?

"oh they made it, we must worship it!"

Oh and by the way, this is coming from someone who owns a 360 and PS3.

PandoraMagic

Nov 24, 2009
i don't own it, don't plan on owning it. I like killing zombies and aliens in a total make believe story. I don't like war games like COD and such.

Thwarted

Sep 10, 2009
I dont have it either. I love COD4 but ill be buggered if im paying forty quid for a five hour long game.

Fraeir

Sep 22, 2008
FleaJr said:
But am I really the only one who didn't buy the game?
I might as well mention most people are prolly sick of "Am I the only one" threads : |
(though I'm not, seeing how I don't take this forum -that- seriously.)

And to answer your question, no, you're not, I haven't either. That's because I consider myself a -real- CoD fan; The one that's fairly down to earth kind of fan, I'm disappointed - a fanboy have bought MW2 already, so I'm no fanboy.
CoD 1, 2 and 4; All good games in my book, sure, not realistic nor particularly accurate, but a good experience, though I kinda miss the non-regenerating health from CoD1. (The Treyarch CoD's aren't worth mentioning; WaW might've had a good Soviet campaign, but the Nazi Zombie thing can bugger off, I mentioned the games aren't that realistic, but there's a limit to how unrealistic it can get..)

I will likely try MW2's single player, (on PC, obviously, as I don't own any consoles and personally get on with the controls far better) but for likely only one reason, because Captain Price shows up... and watching DC burn... ...and playing as a terrorist...

The multiplayer I won't touch with a ten-foot pole until they get over their sick social experiment; Come on, you all know it got to be a weird experiment.
Hypothetic question: "How many people will buy the sequel to a mass-selling game, when it is hyped beyond all comprehensive thought, and with one version of it gimped to the point where it's worth about 30 bucks at the maximum?"

erik91

Apr 15, 2009
Yes, but ehum is the price higher? I bought it brand new for 400 SEK (65$) when normal games go for 550 SEK, yes games here are damn expansive.