Am I the only one who really doesn't care about soccer?

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
crudus said:
I really don't care for soccer either. Although I really don't care for sports in general. Unless Chess is a sport (before you say it I already know about Chess Boxing).

Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gonna love stereotypes.
To be fair Futbol/Soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Basically, if you live outside the U.S. and Canada you are going to run into this stereotype. So, it isn't just Hispanics that have to deal with it.
I'm well aware of that. But still, I'm always asked that question.
I have a cousin that visited from Poland, she came out to see me when I was living in NYC.

Almost immediately upon arriving at my apartment, she asked me how many guns I had and where I kept them, because she didn't want her daughter finding them.

I took her out to lunch about an hour later, and she was amazed that she could not hear constant gunshots in the background. Her daughter asked me how many shootouts I had been in.

I don't care what you say, stereotypes are awesome.

CycloKyle

Mar 1, 2010
I find watching any sport in general quite boring. Except Basketball though, Basketball is pretty entertaining IMO.

Since I don't follow any sports it makes small talk with people even more awkward...

Apr 29, 2010
Aura Guardian said:
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
superbatranger said:
Aura Guardian said:
Soccer/Futbol isn't it?
And I'm so-so on it. Being hispanic, I'm usually asked if I like it. Gotta love stereotypes.
Ha, I know. When I tell them I don't like soccer, they act like I'm a disgrace to an entire race. Makes me laugh, really.
I know. It's hilarious.
What's even funnier is when people find out I'm Hispanic, and immediately ask if I'm from Mexico.
People think I'm Indian due to my skin. So when I heard people cursing me out in Spanish, I tell them that I understand you moron. I'm Hispanic not Indian. Their faces after that...priceless.
I think the only reason they assumed Mexico was because I lived in Texas.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Nope its far to slow of a sport. At least with baseketball or football you have constantly changing action and drasticly evolving playstyles, even hockey is more interesting.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Nope. I have never cared for Soccer/Football, regardless of how much some of my friends in elementary school got on my case over it. It was one sport, along with American Football and Basketball, that never appealed to me at any moment of my life.

JBojangles

Feb 13, 2010
I have no love of soccer. I just like it when my home country sticks it to those limey bastards over seas. No offence to the british escapists of course.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I like soccer, but I don't enjoy watching it too much. The World Cup will be on the secondary TV at my house, but my attention will be on the main one.

ThorUK

Dec 11, 2008
Of course you're not the only one who doesn't care about football, much in the same way that I am not the only one who doesn't care that you don't care about football.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
7 said:
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
GOAL!!!!
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Wrong pal.
It's
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
*gasp for breath*
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Then the announcer says who it was and how wonderful it was.
XD

I love the spanish commentators there really the only reason why I like soccer. But I think people like it cuz its the suspense of seeing a goal.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Nintendolover222 said:
I find it quite enjoyable. It's really the only sport I play, other than British Bulldogs but that's not really a sport and more you and a bunch of friends taking each other down. I don't know if it's just me, but diving onto someone and pulling them over backwards gives me one hell of a thrill.
Ahh I remember playing British Bulldog as a kid. Then I went on to play Rugby. Which is pretty much the same thing only you have a ball to target.

OT: I don;t get over enthuised about the football. World cup is the only time I watch matches. Besides much more important sporting events happening this weekend. Formula 1. For which a brit sits on pole for todays race, and Le Mans. Few brits in that, all I know is one went out early on and another was doing well. But yeah motor sports over the footy. Would really like to be able to watch the US series easier over here. Oh and the drag racing. But alas it's hard.

cooluc

PC Gamer
Dec 23, 2009
Soccer is probably my favorite sport to watch. It's the suspense of waiting for a goal, and the intense joy/sadness you get when a goal is scored. Some sports, like basketball, make it too easy to score, hence each one loses its emotional value.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Cain_Zeros said:
Yeah, I really don't care in the slightest. Does Canada even have a team?
We have a team, but as far as my limited knowledge goes, it's a total fucking joke of a team.
Hooray national pride!

I have a lot of friends who are into the world cup right now, but I can't say I'm really into it myself. Not really a sports guy.

frank220

Dec 25, 2008
i could honestly give a crap, american football is where its at. theres all these kids at my school talking about brackets and predictions and i feel its cockypop, or whatever that word is (vice city references ftw)

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
I'm American, and I like it, but that may have to do with the fact that i'm Asian, we love our soccer/football.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I can take it or leave it, really. I've seen some really exciting, back-and-forth games- but I've also seen far more snoozefests where it seemed the ball hardly ever left midfield. We're Americans; watching guys run around in circles to a 1-1 tie doesn't really appeal to us.

Then again, I'm not very big on many sports that are popular here, including baseball and (yes, American) football (or handegg, according to your preferences). I much prefer sports like basketball and hockey, where the area of play is much smaller and the action much more frenetic.

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
I don't care about soccer or football or whatever either.

Or televised sports events in general.

Don't get wrong, although I'm fat and generally suck at them, sports are the shit. They are fun, and a great way to get exercise. But simply watching them takes all of the fun out of them for me.

But I guess they could be interesting to the real sport fans out there, just like watching musicians perform live is interesting to me because I really, really, really like music. Whatever.