Amazing games that absolutely SHOULDN'T get/have got sequels

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
My top two for this are Force Unleashed and the Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. TFU 2 had a terrible idea for a storyline, and was not helped at all by its pathetic length, and Mercs 2 just took all the wonderful freedom you had in the first and chopped it at the knees.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Dragon Age: Origins. Above-average Bioware RPG goodness, followed by this [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw].

LaBambaMan

Jul 13, 2009
Hmmmmm, interesting question. For me there should have been no more Final Fantasy games after 6, with maybe tactics being the exception.

Front Mission should have ended after the first game. None of the sequels really gave me that same feeling as the original(and evolved is just an atrocity).

Knights of the Old Republic. The second one isn't terrible, but it's not nearly as good as the first.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
The Silent Hill series should've stopped at "The Room". Downpour would be better off being retooled as it's own independant story.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
TheHappySquid said:
I want to say Fable, but 3 redeemed it somewhat... They should;ve just gone straight from Fable to Fable 3. Fable 2 sshould never have been made.
oh god what..

3 was even worse than 2, which was just awful. Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 > 3. It just shouldn't have gotten any sequels if they were going to fuck it up so badly.

TheHappySquid

Feb 2, 2011
Zing said:
TheHappySquid said:
I want to say Fable, but 3 redeemed it somewhat... They should;ve just gone straight from Fable to Fable 3. Fable 2 sshould never have been made.
oh god what..

3 was even worse than 2, which was just awful. Fable >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 > 3. It just shouldn't have gotten any sequels if they were going to fuck it up so badly.
How was 3 worse than 2? Obviously it wasn't everything it could've been, with the whole kingship thing being a massive disappointment, but the environments were much more varied, and the storyline more involved, the whole thing felt detailed, whereas Fable 2 just felt rushed out, buggy and (for me at least) laggy. I got the feeling that it was just a test for the 'dog mechanics' (if you will).

Then again that's my opinion and, as you said, really there shouldn't have been any sequels :/

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
Pedro The Hutt said:
NiGHTS into Dreams, so good that Yuji Naka never wanted to make a sequel since he felt he could never upstage the original. So Sonic Team did it without him after he left, and sure enough, it didn't upstage the original, it didn't get even close.
Now if only they would rerelease it.

It's a ways off to say "Beyond Good & Evil" yet.

Battlefield: Bad Company. If we could have Fable III without 1 and 2, that would be nice.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
Dragon Age Origins.
While it was open for a sequel, and that was all good, Bioware(Mike "Jade Empire" Laidlaw/EA) decided to scrap all those loose plot threads, throw it out the window, and essentially reboot the franchise with Commander Shepar-I mean "Hawke".
Undercooked, poorly conceived and a blatant cash in. An insult to the good folks who work at Bioware and Brent Knowles, DAO's lead designer (left the DA2 project early on in disgust: http://blog.brentknowles.com/2010/08/15/bioware-brent-year-10-fall-2008-summer-2009/ ).

Curious where it will lead Dragon Age 3.
All the early interviews/forum responses had the Developers being rude, insulting fans, and otherwise unwilling to acknowledge the problems with DA2.
Then the sales figures came in, and they went silent.

Most curious.

OptimisticPessimist

Nov 15, 2010
I'm gonna just jump on the DA2 hate bandwagon. Also, I don't know if you could really call it a sequel, but that last Jak game should not fucking exist.

EDIT: Jesus H. Christ, five warnings in the same thread? Getting a bit overzealous, aren't we mods?

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
TheHappySquid said:
Zing said:
TheHappySquid said:
oh god what..

How was 3 worse than 2? Obviously it wasn't everything it could've been, with the whole kingship thing being a massive disappointment, but the environments were much more varied, and the storyline more involved, the whole thing felt detailed, whereas Fable 2 just felt rushed out, buggy and (for me at least) laggy. I got the feeling that it was just a test for the 'dog mechanics' (if you will).

Then again that's my opinion and, as you said, really there shouldn't have been any sequels :/
To me the kingship ruined the whole game, way worse than anything in 2, It was honestly the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game. And the ending was so tacked on and ridiculous, the last boss was a joke. 2 might be worse than 3, but 3 in no way redeems the series. ><

But yeah, we're basically just comparing horse shit and dog shit here.

sonic500

Jun 30, 2011
Ive got anouther one
Sonic the hedghog.
maybe if they gave up after the frist one it whould have saved us a lot of pain.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
CoD4 - MW2: Should of had a sequel...just not the sequel we were given.

Force Unleashed - Force Unleashed 2: The first game linked the prequels with the original trilogy quite well I think but no, they still had to cram more s**t in there.

FFX - FFX-2: Please Kill Me.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
SammiYin said:
Modern Warfare
KOTOR
Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

I win
MW2 was the only COD i liked... And Pokemon sapphire/ruby/emerald were good.

OT: Its not like a sequel makes the original worse. If you don't think you will like the game don't buy it.

MCrewdson001

Jul 4, 2011
Yes Bioshock 1 and 2 were good games however Bioshock infinate will have a lot to live up to, if it dosent then i will be massively disapointed and it will ruin the Bioshock series