American Football (NO SOCCER)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Lunar Templar said:
I've had articles picked up by ESPN writing about the Seahawks (I live in Portland), so...

Wilson does not have the passing skill set of Andrew Luck or the awareness in throwing on the run as Kaepernick. They're happy to have him, but if San Fran called and offered Kaep for Wilson straight up, Seattle would take it easily.

And in what world is Carolina one of the "best teams in the league"?

Face it, your team leads the league in drug suspensions for steroid use. Your coach spent years at USC dodging NCAA rules committees and forfeited a national title. The last time he was in the NFL, he got blown out. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.
-.- wow, you really aren't paying attention ..... go back, look at who they already played so far -.- then, bother some one else with or none sense, especially since sites like ESPN won't give Seattle a fair shake anyway.
I know exactly who they have played this regular season. Do you?

Week 1: Carolina W 12-7
Week 2: San Francisco W 29-3

Carolina is a 5-11 team, a 6-10 team at best. That's not exactly one of the "best teams in the league". They beat San Francisco, and did it with defense (Wilson only threw for 142 yards). San Fran is a great team. Carolina... isn't.
yeah, I was about to edit in about the Panters. my bad, forgot about that game entirely, last game I remember them playing clearly was the Preseason match up with GreenBay. So I'll cop to being wrong about that.

but ....

looking at the roster and only seeing one guy 'suspended by Commissioner'
http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html
as for the 'Seahawk drug suspensions'
Most Seattle players who tested positive are in their first or second year in the NFL, which could have contributed to them not fully understanding the league?s drug policy.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/06/05/2625552/seahawks-on-peds-are-playing-with.html#storylink=cpy
then they're where a couple story's on it parroting the same thing and trying to make it sound like a team wide thing and not a problem with some of the rookies. non bias sports reporting my ass...

you can be as negative as you want about Wilson, simple fact is since he joined and took the QB job away from Matt Flyn the team on a whole has gelled in a way I don't recall seeing in YEARS. So his stats where low last game, big deal, he's clearly bringing something else to the team that's got them work together better then they have in years.

NoMercy Rider

May 17, 2013
GrimTuesday said:
What are you covering for OSN? I remember you didn't get press credentials for the Winter Hawks last season, and you used to write about the Portland Beavers until they packed up and left. Also, did you ever make it to any Hillsboro Hops games? It was nice to have a team again, even if its just short season A ball.
It's definitely nice to have a Portland area baseball team again (I know this post wasn't directed at me, but oh well), personally made it to a couple games last season. Not necessarily a great team, but not much to be expected for a first year Season A team. But still makes for a great time to go with some friends, grab a few drinks, and enjoy the game.

Pretty nice to live in the Portland area, lots of sports teams to keep the fans happy, even if they aren't all major league teams. Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, Baseball... If only we could get a football team ... ...

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
Um, I guess I'm going for the Ravens again? Baltimore was really the only city I visited at the time whose team wasn't a bandwagon one (Times change, huh?)

I don't really understand all the cultures and rivalries and shit though. There's so fucking many teams, let alone trying to keep track of peoples' names, Christ.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
NoMercy Rider said:
GrimTuesday said:
What are you covering for OSN? I remember you didn't get press credentials for the Winter Hawks last season, and you used to write about the Portland Beavers until they packed up and left. Also, did you ever make it to any Hillsboro Hops games? It was nice to have a team again, even if its just short season A ball.
It's definitely nice to have a Portland area baseball team again (I know this post wasn't directed at me, but oh well), personally made it to a couple games last season. Not necessarily a great team, but not much to be expected for a first year Season A team. But still makes for a great time to go with some friends, grab a few drinks, and enjoy the game.

Pretty nice to live in the Portland area, lots of sports teams to keep the fans happy, even if they aren't all major league teams. Basketball, Soccer, Hockey, Baseball... If only we could get a football team ... ...
That's awesome that you made it to some of the games. I really enjoyed just sitting out in the sun watching baseball on a weekend afternoon, sure, its not like going and watching the M's, but its alright. I picked up one of their hats, and, being one of the few hats I've ever owned that fit well (I have a huge head), I wear it rather often

I don't think I would want a pro football team in Portland. I don't really think we could support one, mostly because the population density isn't super high here in pacific Northwest, so part of the reason the Seahawks are successful, is because they have a large area to draw fans, but putting a team in Portland would throw a wrench into things.

Also, I see up thread you said you were a Beavers fan, and so I just want to say, Ewwwww Beavers[footnote]I should clarify that I have nothing against the beavers on an athletics level, but on a personal level, I take great offense to the fact that when my high school football team would go to the football camp OSU holds during the summer, we always got stuck in the dorms farthest away from the cafeteria, and had to walk a long way to and from practice and meals every day[/footnote].

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Bears fan since 1988 reporting.

I had a bad offseason...

My favorite defensive player (Brian Urlacher) retired after an ugly divorce from the team, then joined Fox Sports.

My favorite offensive player is currently in jail for the murder of one guy and suspicion of murdering 3 others. Yes, this is true.

But Coach Trestman actually has an offensive plan, and he's not Lovie Smith so I'm happy.
"Da bears!"
Sorry had to go there...

Raiders fan for life, which is much like being the equivalent of a human tackling dummy for an entire defensive line... Still I refuse to stop being a fan because one day we will have a quality team... hopefully in my lifetime. But honestly there's some things in the NFL that are happening behind-the-scenes that make me wonder if football will be around for much longer. I won't elaborate beyond being of the belief that if you had no clue you can get hurt playing football you've never watched the game, nor played it.
Anyway, here's to another losing season so I go with my fallback team the 'Fins... yeah don't even say it.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
One of my friends made a throwaway joke that if the Lions win the Superbowl this year he'd set his car on fire.

We aren't letting him forget, and we WILL hold him too it.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Ok so here is Malcom Floyd's injury report and it looks like the Titans are in no better shape http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/20/4753616/titans-chargers-2013-injury-report-nfl-week-3

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I have to ask, When did the Ravens come into NFL? I remember having conversations with family about NFL teams back in the 90's but Ravens were never part of the conversation.
I adore Ravens but do not know how they came to be. Are they the newest of all NFL teams or at least one of them?

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
NoMercy Rider said:
Lionsfan said:
NoMercy Rider said:
Broncos fan here, ever since the John Elway era I have been loyal. Seahawks are my second go to team, mostly due to my geographic location. The slaughter they brought to the 49ers was absolutely crazy.

Aside from that though, I generally follow college football more closely than NFL. Anyone else follow NCAA football? I enjoy rooting for my Alma Mater, even though they fluctuate in talent year to year. This season was looking good until they had a bad pre-season loss. Still holding out hope for a solid season.
NCAA fan here. Who's your Alma Mater?
The Oregon State Beavers. Unfortunately the Pac 12 and, hell, the state of Oregon gets overshadowed by the Oregon Ducks. But we had a very successful season last year, going 9-3. Was hoping for another successful season then had a disappointing loss to EWU.
It's still early though. Stanford and Oregon should be tough, but other than that, I think y'all could have 5, maybe 6 conference wins. My school, UM, has only eeked out wins against god-awful teams, so everyone I know has been freaking out.