Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
I've only got two things to say:

1) I'm getting the message that I really ought to play BattleBlock Theater

2) I'm going to use this strip as ammunition

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
This comic describes my recent experiences completely.

My d6 and my d4 absolutely hate each other. Never stop bickering. The littlest thing, or even nothing at all, can set them off.

...in fairness, though, it's usually my d4's fault.

Gasbandit

Jun 14, 2012
Hah, the "Can't wait to see this one on imgur with no credit" tag really slayed me. But what's the "certain other webcomic" that is generating all this apparent controversy I'm missing out on? Is it Erin Dies Alone? I didn't see anything particularly riling about that, so far...

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
I dont quite get it. Why is square head tearing up the art? Isn't he the one that wants to defend/preserve it from Triangle head?

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
wizzy555 said:
Hey Grey, this is exactly what we mean by not bringing art into politics. It's not the strawman people make it out as "not putting politics in art" it's exactly what you just depicted.
Well said.

Anyone who has studied art history or even flipped to the back of a newspaper knows politics exist in art, but not every piece of art invites political discussion.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Where's my dose of offensive funny? I want my dose of offensive funny...

The comic is great, I really like it, it's just sad.

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
FUCK YOU CRITCAL MISS!!! CIS WHITE SJW SCUM!! YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE THIS I DEMEND IT TO BE PULLED FROM THE ESCAPIT!!1!! HOW DARE YOU!!! I'M GONNA BOYCOT THE SHITT OUT OF YOUU!!

#jokeing

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
Gasbandit said:
Hah, the "Can't wait to see this one on imgur with no credit" tag really slayed me. But what's the "certain other webcomic" that is generating all this apparent controversy I'm missing out on? Is it Erin Dies Alone? I didn't see anything particularly riling about that, so far...
I'm guessing it's Full Frontal Nerdity. Some people don't seem to like it as much.

cthulhuspawn82 said:
I dont quite get it. Why is square head tearing up the art? Isn't he the one that wants to defend/preserve it from Triangle head?
That's the point - their argument is not about the picture, neither Triangle nor Square care about the picture one bit, just their offended sensibilities. The picture became nothing but a bullet for the idiots to shoot at each other.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
cthulhuspawn82 said:
Perhaps the point is that whichever side of the argument these people find themselves on, they end up doing more harm than good. Also the point of it not being about defending the art but going out to be mad at THE ENEMY and in the end, just using the original subject as ammunition in the war.

Ariseishirou

Aug 24, 2010
DementedSheep said:
Sadly true of many "controversies" in art.
I wonder how many people are going to miss the point and think this is just about the initial person who is angry.
Already right up there in comment #6.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
... I have to say this kind of feels weird coming from the guys who have made a conscious decision to create high yield ammunition in the past for no purpose beyond it being used as such.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I can't help but feel this is your rebuttal to my last conversation with you...

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
EvilRoy said:
... I have to say this kind of feels weird coming from the guys who have made a conscious decision to create high yield ammunition in the past for no purpose beyond it being used as such.
While I generally let comments like this slide, I'll bite. Every CM comic was designed to make people laugh. Some of them succeed, others don't, and sometimes some people get their feelings hurt in the process, but I've never written a comic designed purely to annoy people.

Oddly enough, the "you're just trolling comments" always come from people who feel they're the butt of a particular joke.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
RJ 17 said:
"We make bullets for idiots."

God I love when Critical Miss takes a break from the straight-up funny to lay a universal truth on us.
Right, that anyone who ever argues or debates about something is an idiot.

Oh the lessons we learn... the lessons we learn...

The Wooster said:
EvilRoy said:
While I generally let comments like this slide, I'll bite. Every CM comic was designed to make people laugh. Some of them succeed, others don't, and sometimes some people get their feelings hurt in the process, but I've never written a comic designed purely to annoy people.

Oddly enough, the "you're just trolling comments" always come from people who feel they're the butt of a particular joke.
Hold on a second, you're turning down the opportunity to be viewed as the Tony Stark of comic ammunition.

I'd say your sense of humor can't help but not create ammunition because of the controversy angle you provide. As your comic illustrates, that it is used as ammunition isn't any more your fault than a person who builds fire irons is responsible for the misuse of their creation.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Bob_McMillan said:
I find that no place requires me to Google things more than the Escapist. This time it failed me. What's a Menist?
It's the new term for MRA