An anime that dissapointed

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
FargoDog said:
Claymore.

So much wasted potential..
I just almost choked on my own breath.
If you're referring to the gecko ending, then fair enough, but come on.

OT: Probably Madlax, or Witchblade, or Soul Eater.

One in particular does stand out though, and that's Mai Otome.
So much worse than its prequel-thing.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
linkvegeta said:
Guffe said:
linkvegeta said:
the last one is Full metal alchemist brotherhood, i was excited for the remake but ended up disappointed on how dull it was.
Is that so? Because I understood that the Brotherhood would be based on the Manga like 95% and I LOVED the Manga. I mean I watched the 51 episode thing first and thought it was superb but the manga was like 100 times better, and Brotherhood failed? I haven't seen it but it really missed as an anime even if the Manga was so great?
i cant say for sure, i never read the manga, but i just found it boring and dull and when it was playing my head was screaming to turn it off.but hey i think that is just me, i hear other people enjoyed it
I don't blame you, I mean I understand that the 20 first episodes were basically the same. And it is a matter of taste. But if you ever get into the manga thingy go for FMA. It is superb and when you read it time flies like crazy.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
fare777 said:
Highschool of the dead.

Ruined by Japanese perverts and their fetishes. uhhGH!
Well, if its any consolation the whole point of the Manga was putting as many tits in a Zombie Apocalypse as possible.
So the Anime was just following the "Script".

Though even if the fanservice was removed it still wouldn't improve all that much imo.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
fare777 said:
Highschool of the dead.

Well, if its any consolation the whole point of the Manga was putting as many tits in a Zombie Apocalypse as possible.

Though even if the fanservice was removed it still wouldn't improve all that much imo.
I never read the manga but episode 6 of the anime made me shout in anger on how ridiculously bad it was.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Gigaguy64 said:
CarpathianMuffin said:
Bleach. I followed for 200 episodes, they filled it in with too many fillers, a friend of mine kept me updated on the manga, and I knew that they were not going to find a reasonable way to end it anytime soon, though we all know what'll happen.

I'll also throw .Hack//sign in there, but that's likely because I hadn't followed the franchise at all, so I was bored out of my mind.
Gah.
Sign was another that was really disappointing.
It started out great but quickly got extremely boring, with really forced "Romance", if that's what you wanna call whatever the mc and that chick were angsting about most of the time, and the ending really really REALLY pissed me off.
Most Anticlimactic bs iv ever seen.
I agree completely. I stopped at about the 2/3rds mark, before I was persuaded to slog it through 'til the end. Now I'm not trusting that person again.

Lucky Chainsaw

Jan 8, 2009
PureChaos said:
One Piece, it was the first anime i watched (not including Pokemon) but found it really boring. Blood+ started good but lost it and i got bored. tried the Devil May Cry anime (never played the games) but lost interest in that, too. currently, Kuroshitsuji is holding up well...but weird
You wouldn't be talking about 4kids' One Piece would you? If so it shouldn't count.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Black Cat, my favorite manga ever but the anime changed so many things it was disappointing, especially the art style, it just doesn't look like Kentaro Yabuki's style.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
fare777 said:
Gigaguy64 said:
fare777 said:
Highschool of the dead.

I never read the manga but episode 6 of the anime made me shout in anger on how ridiculously bad it was.
Is that the Matrix Tits episode?
If so then i hear ya.
For an anime that was trying to come off as a Fun yet realistic look at People in a Zombie attack, it had a lot of freaking Stupid moments.
Do you realize how fast the girls breasts would have had to have been moving in order to dodge a bullet from a Sniper Rifle!?

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
Bleach.
Sure it was entertaining at first, but making shit up as you go along is NOT a good way to write a story I'm afraid.
And to that extent, Claymore, because nothing interesting has happened in months.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Err..... where to start?

There are so many that are produced these days that i just HATE.

Like, with a burning passion.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
PureChaos said:
One Piece, it was the first anime i watched (not including Pokemon) but found it really boring. Blood+ started good but lost it and i got bored. tried the Devil May Cry anime (never played the games) but lost interest in that, too. currently, Kuroshitsuji is holding up well...but weird
Kuroshitsugi won't disappoint. That I assure you. Although Season 2 is.... odd. =S

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
CarpathianMuffin said:
Gigaguy64 said:
CarpathianMuffin said:
Bleach. I followed for 200 episodes, they filled it in with too many fillers, a friend of mine kept me updated on the manga, and I knew that they were not going to find a reasonable way to end it anytime soon, though we all know what'll happen.

I'll also throw .Hack//sign in there, but that's likely because I hadn't followed the franchise at all, so I was bored out of my mind.
Gah.
Sign was another that was really disappointing.
It started out great but quickly got extremely boring, with really forced "Romance", if that's what you wanna call whatever the mc and that chick were angsting about most of the time, and the ending really really REALLY pissed me off.
Most Anticlimactic bs iv ever seen.
I agree completely. I stopped at about the 2/3rds mark, before I was persuaded to slog it through 'til the end. Now I'm not trusting that person again.
It could have been great...but it went down hill so quickly.
It had some good side characters though.
Bear and that Serial character Killer were both awesome.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would have to say Bleach because of the current state it is right now. I kind of want to say something else then pointing out the most popular one. I may come back to this later if I can think of another one.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Eh the second part of Deathnote was terrible, the only thing I hate about Bleach is all the fillers how they constantly go to an amazing point then give you the middle finger and say fuck off we're going to keep you in suspense for three weeks.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
I'm still trying hard to like it, I'm only five episodes in though so I apologize if I just "Don't get it" and it will "get better if you watch more" but I have to say... .Hack//Sign or however it's spelled, I just can't stand Tsukasa's stupid voice and I can hardly understand much of the plot, "Wait, when did they all know each other? Why does she even care in the slightest if he's all right, how did they convince those two other folks to help him? WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!"
RUN.
GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
THE ENDING IS THE MOST ANTICLIMACTIC ENDING IV EVER SEEN.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I don't watch lots of anime, but I started watching Corpse Princess when it first came out. I noticed they reviewed it here last week and I completely agree with it, it's definitely not what I thought and hoped it would be.

I also started watch Shangri-La as the premesis looks extremely interesting, but I ended up being extremely confused about the show. I just couldn't see what kind of show it tried to be, with a drag-queen battle 'maiden', serious environmental and sociological themes and a crazy, economically powerful little girl who keeps talking to her teddybear. When I saw a schoolgirl with a way too short skirt explain an extremely complicated economic theory I pretty much gave up on it.

Naruto also disappointed me in that it just kept going on way too damned long. That and they apparently barely give Rock Lee any screentime in Shippuuden. Fuck that, his fight with Kimimaro at the end of the original series was easily the coolest fight of the whole show with actual interesting fight choreography. After hearing they barely show him fighting in Shippuuden I knew Naruto already had it's best moment, so I didn't bother with watching the rest.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I'm going with Midori no Hibi. The manga was so funny and charming and then the anime didn't even feature some of the best characters and completely fucked up the ending. I don't know why I bothered to watch the entire thing, maybe i'm just stupid.