An Escapist Farewell

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Aw man, a familiar face/voice gone. People seem to be posting songs in tribute so here's one I guarantee no one else on this site has heard

http://soundcloud.com/elefanttraks/geeks/s-6dnvh

And by way of penance for acting like a dirty hipster I'm going to go out and buy a pub club membership to commemorate this occasion. Plus it means I don't have to put up with the single aussie relevant advertisement that gets a 2 month long showing time. Those Neutrogena fashion advice girls who were on a year ago could put me in a catatonic state of boredom.

So yeah, have $20 Steve!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Steve Butts said:
...and promise to create as much trouble for the mods as possible.
In return we will gladly cause you as much trouble as we can! ;)

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011

[HEADING=3]I salute you, you wonderful man.[/HEADING]
Though you shall be far away our thoughts will follow to the end of the earth.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
I'll be sad to see you go Mr Butts. Thank you for all the hard work you've put in.
Good luck in the future.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Now theres a quote to go down in the "Big Book of Internet Quotes (that are actually meaningful)":

a website is an extension of the people who make it, a sort of manifestation of their own idiosyncrasies, values, and relationships
Good luck fella, you've done a great job around here.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
:/ I had fun semi-memorizing you guys when I saw posts from each of you relating to articles/reviews/pod-casts and so forth. I don't even know you that well and this feels kind of crappy. Hell I remember reading Russ leaving and was depressed afterwards, too. Not a clue why. I'll miss you, even though I can't explain why, so take that for what you will.

Maybe I'll actually get an avatar or something and act like a decent person around here.

Have a good one, above all else.

DeepComet5581

Mar 30, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
DeepComet5581 said:
First Russ, now Steve.

Good God - Who's next? Graham?

That leaving speech is full of cliche and conjecture it's actually slightly funny.

Well, one must do what one must do - Have legs, will travel and all that.

God knows I've been through quite a few jobs in my time.

Fare thee well, Mr Butts and rejoice in your future endeavours.
Graham? Kind of a random next choice, there.
That was the point. I can't say as I'm too sure whether someone's going to leave so it might as well just be anyone.

Also, if I'd said Yahtzee, I'd have gotten SOOOO much hate.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I wish you the best of luck for the future, and thank you for the effort helping make this place what it is.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Sad to see you go Steve you did a really good job here.But kinda worried on who is going to be taking the reigns at the escapist now.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011

I remember it like it was yesterday when Russ left, I'm sure it will be the same thing for you whenever the next editor-in-chief leaves, no matter how long that will be. Good luck to you! Maybe you won't need it but still!

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Steve Butts said:
An Escapist Farewell

Our Editor in Chief bids farewell.

Read Full Article
.. .. Wow, where to start. I want this to be significant so i'll just do my best posting.

There's a lot I have you to thank for. Those fun quizzes you've developed for us, the way you've managed The Escapist, setting up events for us Escapists to attend, how you reached out communicating with us treating us like actual people and along with the staff- keeping this website in top notch shape. You've obviously done more, but I wanted to notify how you've directly influenced and impacted me on those segments.

Not sure how many would feel about this, but I can ensure you that .. the staff, and me, shall miss you. Wherever life takes you, do take care and note we won't soon or ever forget you man. Here, as a contribute to you leaving I made this picture. It's not much, but hopefully it'll bring a smile on your face. God Bless you Steve.

I'm so happy to see that you're such a big Steve Butts fan! I myself am very fond of his reviews and his Podcat commentary.

However, just and fyi so credit is given where it's due... Paul Goodman handles the all the quiz content, and Janelle Bonanno and myself run most of the community outreach, including promotions, giveaways, contest and the like.

I'll never have that epic of a mustache though, sadly...

So much of what an EIC does is behind the scenes, really. It's a lot of strategy, meetings, networking, analysis and team building to execute an overall vision.

Apr 28, 2008
So long Steve, you did good work. Won't be the same without you.

Susan Arendt said:
Spygon said:
Sad to see you go Steve you did a really good job here.But kinda worried on who is going to be taking the reigns at the escapist now.
That'd be me.
So does that mean the site will now focus more on adorable baby animals?

Because I'd be cool with that.