An Escapist Farewell

Jethro

Jul 8, 2012
Thanks for all that you have done to make the Escapist such an awesome site and good luck in your future endeavors ;)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Punch You said:
Susan Arendt said:
Spygon said:
Sad to see you go Steve you did a really good job here.But kinda worried on who is going to be taking the reigns at the escapist now.
That'd be me.
So how do you plan on making up for the lack of a make-fun-of-able last name? I mean, Pitts, Butts... Arendt!?

I mean, if you were keeping with tradition, your last name would be a minimum of "Slimes" and a maximum of "Fartdribbles".
My name is a verb, for crying out loud! You want more fun than a verb? Harrumph.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Good luck on your future endeavors my friend. You helped make this site one hell of a place to be, and I love being a part of it. And I'm glad to have shared it with ya.

Go out there and kick some ass. Wherever you go, you can only do good in the world, you've proven that much.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Vault101 said:
Fappy said:
I figured as much. It was the logical choice from the outside looking in, anyway. Be prepared to get an even bigger inbox every morning! XP

Good luck!
I still think Narsins cat was the better choice...no offense of coarse
Hmmmm... he keeps getting all these nominations.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Well it has been fun but if you feel you are ready. We add another name to the wall of people who have left us for a greater goal.

Good luck out there!

You were like a son to me.

I fear the podcat may feel empty for a few weeks until I get used to the idea of never hearing your voice again.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Steve Butts said:
You really know how to make a guy feel loved. I'm humbled by this outpouring of support and promise to create as much trouble for the mods as possible.
Ain't no rest for the wicked eh? Shame to see you go, best of luck with your future endeavors and I hope your next job will be just as awesome.
Susan Arendt said:
I'll be taking over as Executive Editor.
Best of luck with your new job Susan!

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
Nobody laughed at your "Simpsons" references in the podcats. But I did, Steve.... I did....

I'm going to go set up a twitter account now that I have someone to follow.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'ma miss ya' Brosideon: Lord of Broceans.
I can't laugh at Susan Arendt's name nearly as much.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Sad to see you go Steve.Thanks for all your hard work on this site.

Good luck in your future endeavours!