An hypothetical question for recent Fallout fans

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
"Yeah, that's definitely a Bethesda game."

Then I'd go back to playing New Vegas and pretending that it's the only current-gen Fallout game.

Oct 30, 2010
While acknowledging the... difficulties... of branding the game as Fallout, I found the video oddly appealing. The trailer not so much.

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
HT_Black said:
"Yeah, that's definitely a Bethesda game."

Then I'd go back to playing New Vegas and pretending that it's the only current-gen Fallout game.
Ouch. I dislike Bethesda, but I must admit they're not even close to being this bad.

Oh, and just to give a little historical context, this happened when the french publisher Titus bought the majority of Interplay and named Hervé Caen (one of Titus's founders) the CEO.

HHammond

Jun 28, 2011
I'd probably cry. It would be the second time a series has gone from well paced, fun but challenging gameplay to samey, shooty, no brain required action (the first one was Resident Evil).

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
HHammond said:
I'd probably cry. It would be the second time a series has gone from well paced, fun but challenging gameplay to samey, shooty, no brain required action (the first one was Resident Evil).
I guess I should point out that this crime of nature was actually released.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Metal.

Metal in Fallout.

No.

It's not because we don't like the older Fallout games and only recently joined the Fallout fanbase after F3 that we are a bunch of cowaduuty idiots. 1/10 for making me respond.

Interplay made this? Thank god Bethesda now has the rights to produce Fallout games, imagine if these Intershits actually got to keep on making Fallout games like this!

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Loved Fallout 1, 2, tactics, BOS, 3 and NV. I like fallout. I like fallout games. They have all been good (tactics was passable) and i find the setting and humour endearing. So. Bring on the Fallout games of any kind! so long as they dont rape it into a Halo style FPS...then i might cry myself to death

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Hmmm...nope, just some broken links. Apparently the game you're referring to doesn't exist.
I said it DOESN'T EXIST. Shut up.
I SAID SHUT UP, DAMMIT! THE GAME DOESN'T FUCKING EXIST!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanonDiscontinuity
Actually, it's not just Fanon Discontinuity. It is officially, word of god non-canon.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I have no problem with the change of genre but the sexual nature of the video is very off putting.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Metal guitar riffs?! Titilation?! No Ron Perlman in the intro?!?!?

Seriously, like, what the hell? What on Earth does this have to do with the original Fallout? I mean sure, Fallout 3 scrapped a lot of Fallout stuff, but at least it nailed the atmosphere. This however...gods, words fail me. Just:

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
While I would HATE another BoS, I would LOVE another old-school Fallout.

I was SO MAD when Bethesda made Fallout 3 instead of Black Isle, even though they had the damn thing in development already! While I do enjoy the newer games, I am disappointed, since I personally would had preferred THIS FALLOUT 3 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuDKrY7eW0] over the one we had. I feel the same way about NV. I want an old-school Fallout. I rarelly support the change in genre during the game series. I would even prefer a new Fallout: Tactics [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJOo-2F_wk]

Why the hell were these types of games die anyway? I'm talking about games with that isometric camera angle! Jagged Alliance got completely killed! X-com had a genre-change! Fallout went trough 3 genre changes with Tactics, BoS and then 3! I don't understand! I WANT THEM BACK!

HHammond

Jun 28, 2011
Nulmas said:
HHammond said:
I guess I should point out that this crime of nature was actually released.
Yeah I got that it was released but I meant if this trailer was the announcement for the next Fallout game and this is what it came to be.

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
Versuvius said:
Loved Fallout 1, 2, tactics, BOS, 3 and NV. I like fallout. I like fallout games. They have all been good (tactics was passable) and i find the setting and humour endearing. So. Bring on the Fallout games of any kind! so long as they dont rape it into a Halo style FPS...then i might cry myself to death
Wait, you actually liked BOS? And you don't mean the same way someone likes Ed Wood movies?

Regarding Tactics, I liked it a lot. It was a good spin-off.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Vkmies said:
I feel the same way about NV. I want an old-school Fallout.
Oh come on now. Despite it's numerous flaws, mostly bug related, at least NV had it's heart in the right place. A lot more so than Fallout 3.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I'd wait for the Obsidian spin-off.

Jokes aside, I'd clamor for a Fallout Tactics 3 (they had 2 right?). I haven't played either of them, but I heard they were competent; and I can see myself playing a squad based Turn-based/real time (or a combination like FO3 and NV) tactical game. I think that'd be awesome!

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
Internet Kraken said:
For those wondering why the Fallout franchise fell of the face of the earth for quite some time, that game is partly responsible.
Not just this game, but Interplay's haphazard handling of a great franchise. Its because of that, Bethesda is doing everything to keep Interplay from creating the MMO.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
GrizzlerBorno said:
I'd wait for the Obsidian spin-off.

Jokes aside, I'd clamor for a Fallout Tactics 3 (they had 2 right?). I haven't played either of them, but I heard they were competent; and I can see myself playing a squad based Turn-based/real time (or a combination like FO3 and NV) tactical game. I think that'd be awesome!
Fallout Tactics 2 was cancelled I believe. I would love another Tactics game though, there are hardly any turn based strategy games anymore.