An hypothetical question for recent Fallout fans

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
You know, I played that game in question. I even looked forward to it having loved Fallout 1 and 2. I adore Tactics and indeed found it to be the more fun game to play even if it was an inferior RPG. The game in question wasn't unbearable, it just seemed. . . REALLY stupid. It was Baldur's Gate (Console) minus a few key elements of the combat system that made Baldur's Gate actually entertaining to play. It was set in the Fallout universe and yet seemed to have nothing to do with the franchise. It was, in short, a bad Fallout game doing a lousy impersonation of a game that traded upon the fame of another great. I remember it not because it was bad (because it was bearable), but rather because I have only once been more disappointed in a game.

Nulmas

Jul 16, 2010
Giantpanda602 said:
Honestly, I don't see what was so terrible about the second video. It seemed kind of interesting, though it didn't really lead to any specific story arc, just "Brotherhood of Steel are the self appointed Badasses of Badassery."
Except they weren't. In that game, they're actually referring to the original BOS from Fallout 1. Either they got the wrong idea or they decided to retcon it all just to use the name.

Eclectic Dreck said:
You know, I played that game in question. I even looked forward to it having loved Fallout 1 and 2. I adore Tactics and indeed found it to be the more fun game to play even if it was an inferior RPG. The game in question wasn't unbearable, it just seemed. . . REALLY stupid. It was Baldur's Gate (Console) minus a few key elements of the combat system that made Baldur's Gate actually entertaining to play. It was set in the Fallout universe and yet seemed to have nothing to do with the franchise. It was, in short, a bad Fallout game doing a lousy impersonation of a game that traded upon the fame of another great. I remember it not because it was bad (because it was bearable), but rather because I have only once been more disappointed in a game.
I also enjoyed Tactics a lot :)

If I remember correctly, one of the reasons this game got such a bad rep was that Fallout 3 was nearly completion and got suspended so that they could work on POS.

Oh, and by the way, what's that game you mentioned that disappointed you even more?

Mark Flanagan

Apr 25, 2011
I assume you added a link to said offending item but for the life of me it would seem that my brain doesn't register it as existing so I'm unable to comment.

Ah well *returns to skipping through the post apocalyptic meadows*

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
Absolute hate really. Wheres the humour? Wheres the 50's style music, why did they replace it with attitude era generic metal? Definatly not a fan.