Analyst "Increasingly Concerned" About Medal of Honor

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
It really does look unbelievably average anyway. I might have bought it if it didn't look like a copypasta of CoD.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Well in Modern warfare's Medal of Honor's defense...

Damn, I actually began typing that ^

MoH never even caught my interest remotely considering how much the "Modern" war theme is now being used in every form of media beyond just games. And given its release conflicting with those of other titles, most people will have to choose one game over the other (likely Medal of Honor).

To me, of all the other games coming out around this time period, Medal of Honor seems to be the banality of the bunch.

Steven Ramsey

Sep 29, 2010
I do not think anyone is giving MOH nearly enough credit.. First off the whole Captain Price thing is a load of bull.. The bearded guy you say is modeled after price is actually modeled after a Real Life Tier 1 Operator nick named Cowboy..

To move on and this is coming from a fan of the Halo Franchise the new Reach outside of co-op modes is just pure crap not because of bugs or glitch's or new aimbot's but because its just boring map design sucks,weapons suck,and the game dynamics..

Moving onto COD:Black Op's now I wont deny I do have this game pre-ordered just because some of my friends don't know the difference between Beta and Demo so I'm getting it so I can still game with them on my days off. But I do know a good percentage of people who after the the headaches of MW2 refuse to own another Call of Duty title or at least purchase black ops till the initial launch patch's roll out so they are getting MOH instead..

These are the bottom line facts though with these games.. Black Ops and Halo use P2P servers Halo is already starting to get jtag's using aim bots Black ops you can bet your money the modders will tear that game apart as bad if not worse than MW2.. Those of us with MOH will be sitting happily on dedicated servers with no worries.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm tempted to buy the game just to spite the controversy...

Not everything has to outsell MW2 or Halo, they can go by their own merits. I wouldn't be surprised if Medal of Honor would do fairly well.

Frankly, I'm not going for Black Ops since I vowed to not support Activision thanks to Mr. Kotick running things, though from what I have played of MW2 on my friend's copy, multiplayer seems just as frantic, spammy, and cluster-fuck-y as every. Not my kind of thing, I'm afraid.

Fonzybear

Sep 29, 2010
I know plenty of people that are not interested in Halo. God another halo. DO SOMETHING ELSE MICROSOFT!!!!! Then there is the new Call of Duty. I for one will not be buying that game. Its no longer made by infinity ward. Its just another lame addition to the list of Call of duty games. I mean all the ones that have not been made by IW have basically failed. Call of duty three was a piece of trash and World at war was boring IMO. I also find it funny how people try to compare cod and medal of honor.Talking about how they are just trying to copy call of duty even though the original MOH came out like five years before the original call of duty.I see nobody saying well they copied first.MOH has been around for a long time and they have always made games that are very fun to play. Also this game from the looks of it seem to be alot more real than Modern warfare games. Dont get me wrong i really liked the modern warfare games.They had awesome stories and the way the game played out was cool. The thing is that all that left out the door when the creators of the game left IW. Battlefield bad company 2 has some really fun multiplayer action going on and its different from the way call of duty games play. You cant come from call of duty and play battlefield multiplayer and expect to use the same tactics and win unless you are camping but you might find your self getting caught with a rocket to the face or a building falling on your head or a knife in your back.They play very different and although the console fanboys who buy whatever TV tells them too will more than likely buy black ops people that are real FPS gamers will more than likely buy MOH on PC not console.fps on consoles are a joke anyways lol. IMO!

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 shunted PC players, and Treyarch can't make a heavy hitter. I would get Black Ops if I didn't laugh every time I saw Treyarch was developing a title. It's the deformed child that Activision keeps locked in the basement. If it wasn't for Activision having little choice, Treyarch would be stuck making Call of Duty filler for the rest of its life.

Rest assured, this will be very popular, successful.. filler.

imgunagitusucka

Apr 20, 2010
The "meh" MP beta killed this game for me. It wasn't baaad, but it certainly wasn't great either. Been loving Reach, that will be enough for me for a while.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
They should be concerned because of the terrible Multiplayer. <.< I really hope what i play in the beta isnt anything close to what is to be released. The game plays like BF:BC2 i rather not like to waste half a clip to kill a guy.

Everything just doesn't feel right. nothing feels fluid. weapons sounds weak. And after they showed the Apache gunship lvl...i complete gave up on the game. for so many reason. But thats just me.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Pingieking said:
Well, no matter how good a game is, it's not a good idea to release a FPS between CoD and Halo.
True that, and this wont even be that good. Anything they do, I bet COD has already done better, and Reach is one of the most fun games Ive ever played. This game is done for, I think.

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
Definatly gona give it a try anyway, havent played a good shooty shotty game in a while :)

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
if they're so optimistic, makes you wonder why they even care about releasing the game.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Oh thank God.

As soon as I saw the word "Analyst" I thought "More Pachter bullshit?".

At least it's actually somebody who's probably actually a professional rather than him.

Still Life

Sep 22, 2010
Are these the same robots who came to the conclusion that there was an insatiable market for FPS titles?

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
uppitycracker said:
given the experience i had in the beta, yeah, i don't have high hopes for the MoH franchise either. and i'm not referring to things that can be polished through a beta, i'm referring to the actual game itself.
Can't quite remember the cliche. Something about a pig and lipstick. Or a purse made from a sow's ear. Irregardless it played like BC 2 without any balance. As much as it would suck for all who worked on it, I'm still hoping it goes tango uniform. I don't know how they expected it to succeed when it does NOTHING new. What's that other thing called? Oh yeah a glut on the market. There's way more than plenty FPS's out and about.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
They don't see a rationale? Maybe people would buy all three because they want to play all three? Is such simple logic beyond these people?

A lot of the games I own are similar to each other, but that didn't stop me from buying and enjoying them.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Druyn said:
Pingieking said:
Well, no matter how good a game is, it's not a good idea to release a FPS between CoD and Halo.
True that, and this wont even be that good. Anything they do, I bet COD has already done better, and Reach is one of the most fun games Ive ever played. This game is done for, I think.
Medal of Honour really does have its work cut out for it. It doesn't take an industry expert to figure out that MoH will most likely live or die on its multiplayer component. At least from my standpoint, the fact that said multiplayer component is being developed by DICE doesn't bode well. The multiplayer of Bad Company 2 was fine, but didn't really match up to MW2s.

While I've being playing Halo Reach online, I've heard people often say that they're only playing it until Black Ops comes out. Not much mention of MoH in that same way, however.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
MarsProbe said:
Druyn said:
Pingieking said:
Medal of Honour really does have its work cut out for it. It doesn't take an industry expert to figure out that MoH will most likely live or die on its multiplayer component. At least from my standpoint, the fact that said multiplayer component is being developed by DICE doesn't bode well. The multiplayer of Bad Company 2 was fine, but didn't really match up to MW2s.

While I've being playing Halo Reach online, I've heard people often say that they're only playing it until Black Ops comes out. Not much mention of MoH in that same way, however.
Yeah, even on the multiplayer, you have the same standard stuff going on. The people who enjoy CoD m0re and the people who love Halo more. Which creates a problem, because being released right in between the two of them means that they have to cpmpete with both instead of just one. As if it wasnt hard enough for them already, they launch it in between the two biggest FPS games this year. Way to go, EA.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
"We really don't see a rationale for owning all three of these games," he said.
Translation: "We really don't see why you should buy MoH when there are much better games on the shelf."

I don't see the rationale fro buying any of them. I'm still waiting for Bioshock to come back with a vengeance.