Analyst Predicts 7 Million Copies of StarCraft 2 Sold Before End of Year

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Zing said:
By December? I don't think so. RTS's and PC is too exclusive for those kinds of figures in such a small amount of time.
You're forgetting that this is south koreas national sport.

That's at least 4m right there.

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
Then there's people like me who are undecided. I've got friends who love all Blizzard games going on about it to me, but I tend to get bored with RTSs fast, and I think £35 is alot for a PC game no matter how you swing it. If there's a price drop I could see it hitting 7 million with no problem at all, but with that price point I think it's going to struggle to get people like me to buy it.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
Nouw said:
7 Million? Way more man, way more.

The thing I love about Starcraft 2 is that you can kinda change the gameplay. Squads for the win! As that Battalion Mod I saw in this thread.

Can't wait, I pre-ordered.

Sronpop said:
Really 7 million? It depends if its gets pirated I would say. I don't know much of the details to do with the DRM or whether it requires a subscription thing like WOW. But if its the kind of game where it can be pirated easily, I would say cut those estimates in half.

Although, all those Korean gaming cafes, they all need legit copies don't they. I reckon it will be at least 5 million by the end of year anyway. That's pretty much a given.
How did Modern Warfare 2 get 1 Billion if it was the most-pirated game of 2009 and it was released at the near end. Hmmm???
It got 1 Billion in terms of profit made, not actual copies solid. It solid like 6 million(very rough estimate) each on both the ps3 and 360. You can pirate it on pc all you want, it doesn't affect the console sales. I just don't see Starcraft getting 7 million by the end of the year. When you consider stuff like the piracy rates of pc, and the lack of subscription fees, and the fact that it is only on pc, it lowers my expectations for what a pc game like Starcraft will sell. But then again, I am just some dumbass who has never played the game, not an analyst dude. But that's what I think will happen and I am sticking to it.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Sronpop said:
Nouw said:
7 Million? Way more man, way more.

The thing I love about Starcraft 2 is that you can kinda change the gameplay. Squads for the win! As that Battalion Mod I saw in this thread.

Can't wait, I pre-ordered.

Sronpop said:
Really 7 million? It depends if its gets pirated I would say. I don't know much of the details to do with the DRM or whether it requires a subscription thing like WOW. But if its the kind of game where it can be pirated easily, I would say cut those estimates in half.

Although, all those Korean gaming cafes, they all need legit copies don't they. I reckon it will be at least 5 million by the end of year anyway. That's pretty much a given.
How did Modern Warfare 2 get 1 Billion if it was the most-pirated game of 2009 and it was released at the near end. Hmmm???
It got 1 Billion in terms of profit made, not actual copies solid. It solid like 6 million(very rough estimate) each on both the ps3 and 360. You can pirate it on pc all you want, it doesn't affect the console sales. I just don't see Starcraft getting 7 million by the end of the year. When you consider stuff like the piracy rates of pc, and the lack of subscription fees, and the fact that it is only on pc, it lowers my expectations for what a pc game like Starcraft will sell. But then again, I am just some dumbass who has never played the game, not an analyst dude. But that's what I think will happen and I am sticking to it.
Okay, and I respect that. Just 7 million sounds small

nick_12_taylor

Jul 30, 2010
Sronpop said:

Well lets see a few weeks or months after the release if they can pirate the game. Coz as I knew there are thousands of sites hosting the beta SC2 (pirated one) after the release its official beta release, so its possible. I haven't purchased yet still busy in my world of warcraft gold [http://wowgoldpig.com/] on how to monetize. lol