And The Doctor's New Assistant Is...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Emmerdale farm? Good lord. I sense nerd rage a comin'.

It's just one of the saddest programmes I can think of.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Tanis said:
END THE DAMN TIMEWAR!

It's been hinted, more than once, that 'fixed points' in time CAN be changed.
I'd LOVE it if that's how the 11th goes.

The end of the TimeWar.
A special TV movie of the 5 'New Who' Doctors.

That's a GREAT way to have the 50th Anniversary go.
Gallifrey was sealed off from the rest of the universe. Essentially, the Time War "ended" when the Doctor cast Rassilon and the entire planet back into that fixed point. Additionally, as far as canon goes, nothing can escape a fixed point, so the Time Lords are cut off from the rest of the universe.

As for the 50th Anniversary, I'm sure everyone wants Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith to come together for some crazy adventure. I'm sure Steven Moffat's got something epic lined up for that.

Tanis said:
saintdane05 said:
Technically, Nine was the intro. Christopher Eccleston was the start of the 2005 relaunch.
I know, but most fans tend to group the 8th with the 2005 camp.
Wait, we do? I was under the impression that he was filed under Classic Who. I mean the gap between 8 and 9 was nearly a decade, while the gap between 7 and 8 was only around 7 years. Mathematically, he's closer to Classic Who.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I'd rather see Luke Smith, Clyde or Rani become the new companion. Or, if nothing else, include them to give the Sara Jane storyline some sense of closure.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
RoseArch said:
Here's to hoping she's a Jenny regeneration of some kind.
This.

Tanis said:
A special TV movie of the 5 'New Who' Doctors.
That's a GREAT way to have the 50th Anniversary go.
Or this, except... 5? There've only been 3 "New Who" Doctors. Unless you're suggesting the 12th Doctor and the Doctor's human clone from Rose's parallel universe show up.

Oh hey - THAT would be a new companion idea. The Doctor could travel with... himself/herself. 11 and 12, traveling together. That would be...

... really awkward. Awesome, but awkward. So maybe not such a good idea after all. :p

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Tanis said:
saintdane05 said:
Tanis said:
END THE DAMN TIMEWAR! It's been hinted, more than once, that 'fixed points' in time CAN be changed.
I'd LOVE it if that's how the 11th goes. The end of the TimeWar. A special TV movie of the 5 'New Who' Doctors. That's a GREAT way to have the 50th Anniversary go.
You remember the last time a fixed point was changed?
It nearly caused time itself to die.
Also, there are three "New Who" Doctors.
True, but only NEARLY.
Or that other time during the David Tennant run where he tried to save the first Martian settlers and went slightly crazy with the whole 'I'M A GOD OF TIME' thing for a couple seconds til someone put him in his place.

Good to see a new companion, I don't really have an issue with Amy Pond but I think her character arc ended awhile back and needs to be wrapped up.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Just as i was getting attached to AMY. :sadface:

But on the upside, I can't wait for the new 'series'! Holy hell i came into the series when Matt Smith became the new Doctor and my god was I hooked on the show!

I might even go back and watch the start of the new series...maybe...probably not...well...

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I swear I've seen her in something she's not listed in. Not to be that guy, but has she done any adult photos, or something? Does she have a twin in American sitcoms? Is she the character model in a game? This is baffling me. Maybe she just looks like somebody else...

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
RoseArch said:
Here's to hoping she's a Jenny regeneration of some kind.
The problem with that is that Jenny is a RTD creation and I believe Moffat has said that he's not comfortable playing around with her character without RTD's input.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Anyone else think that description of her seems to sound like River Song.. or at least the original non sappy love interest river song anyway. Personally I would her preferred her melody personality, to Dr Song.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Nimcha said:
Well she's very cute. But I still can't wrap my head around the fact so many people seem to adore this show. I really can't see what's so special about it besides it being a long running British series.
I haven't got a clue either. I've watched a few episodes here and there, but I just find it all a bit painful. It's not clever enough to be serious scifi (like Spielberg's Taken), but it takes itself too seriously to be silly scifi (like Red Dwarf).