Angry Insults from Gamers

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I hope to coin the term 'Ignorant Gamers' as the people you call Fags, Spazzes and some other mean words. You know- those people who insult you on account on your country of origin. Just to let out some of the pain, what are some things you have been called?
For being Canadian, i've been called a Drunk, Hockey Freak, Eskimo and British wannabe.

Ignorance comes from the lack of knowledge, and that's the origin of these peoples insults.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
I've been constintly mistaken for a Brit. This is really infuriating when you're Australian. I just call the Americans back (and yes it is always Americans who do it) Canadians. For some reason they don't like that either. Then I boast like we own them and stuff (disclaimer: not that I'm saying that the Poms own the Candaians, it just pisses the Americans off).

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
People on the internet must learn manners, angry teenagers and anonymity do not work well together.

Besides, one of the greatest advantages of the internet is the way it erases cultural and geografical barriers. To hell with biogotism.

GrowlersAtSea

Nov 14, 2007
"Noob Rusher" was probably my favorite thing I've been called. It was in an RTS (Supreme Commander) where I managed to beat two players at once (after both of my teammates and one of theirs had been defeated). I wasn't sure if this term was to call me someone who rushed "noob" players (they were very bad, their attacks were hopelessly small for late game attacks) or that I was a noob who rushed people (I ended the game with 150+ units, including a lot of T1 units, which managed to knock them out after artillery softened them).

I was inexplicably assailed with anti-Jewish slurs once when someone in a game started rambling about the New World Order and stuff and I poked some fun at them. It was pretty confusing, as I'm not Jewish and religion hadn't even been brought up.

"Smacktard" is another one I've heard it more than I've been called it, last time I remember getting it was because I didn't revive someone fast enough in a Battlefield game.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
"Noob" for not knowing if some unidentified armour was "Griswold's something" in Diablo 2. Well excuuuuuse me, princess, for not having my life revolve around trading crap in a damn game.

Tynian

Feb 4, 2008
I always get called n00b on WoW... for some bizarre reason, me sitting there pounding all kinds of damage out of some enemies without bothering to dodge makes Me a n00b?

since when does bouncing and jumping about using 20 things macrod to your keyboard to make you look like a bouncing carnival make you a better player than me? especially seeing as I kill npc's quicker than they do?

(BTW... using a lvl70 Frost mage.. yeah... I am a n00b Me :/ )

[HD]Rob Inglis

Jan 8, 2008
The worst thing I was ever called, I cannot say cause it's just a string of curse words. Mostly I just make fun of squeakers cause everyone knows that's fun.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
PurpleRain said:
I've been constintly mistaken for a Brit. This is really infuriating when you're Australian. I just call the Americans back (and yes it is always Americans who do it) Canadians. For some reason they don't like that either. Then I boast like we own them and stuff (disclaimer: not that I'm saying that the Poms own the Candaians, it just pisses the Americans off).

My mate allways gets called harry potter. This Brit/AUS american stupidity is the strangest thing I've ever seen or heard. frankly the internet and gaming is allways going to be filled with idiots, I suppose we just need to put up with it.

Jakeb Smith

Nov 12, 2007
Anyone who has watched The Chaser's War On Everything will know everyone is stupid. Like the New Yorkers who didn't know which month 9/11 occurred. Or the Australian who didn't know which political parties were contesting the federal election.

Niccolo

Dec 15, 2007
Jakeb Smith said:
Anyone who has watched The Chaser's War On Everything will know everyone is stupid. Like the New Yorkers who didn't know which month 9/11 occurred. Or the Australian who didn't know which political parties were contesting the federal election.
Chaser does some brilliant things... but I am curious as to how many of his (their?) things are edited slightly. Y'know, remove the good from the bad. *Shrug*
Anyhoo, ignorance, I find, is like the air. It's everywhere, and there's not a whole lot we can do about it. WE can get rid of ignorance like we can get rid of air - by burning it - but there's just such a damn large amount that we make no impact.

Dody16

Jan 24, 2008
Well, when I was still living in Japan, I had a Japanese call me a "Yellow monkey", which was, I thought, extreamly ironic because I'm an american. Afterwords he accused me of being 13 or something, I don't even remember what it was about.

I told my Japanese friends about that insident and one guy now says "Hey Jap!" every time I meet him as a joke.

The-Big-D

Feb 4, 2008
Live is probably the worst for people shouting abuse down there headphones lol.

just sittin there chilling playing a game of halo
then someone decides to think its nice to start an arguement because you shot them in the face with a spartan laser and throw abuse at you there useually like 13 year olds with no life though lol

best thing to do is just make a very sly your mum joke on the side as hes screaming then hear them screams turn into violent abusing terreting tenage words or horror lol

some kid was scareming atme going you **** im going to fucking kil you just because i shot him lol and i just thaught hey ill drop a mum joke in (kind of a natural habbit) and just went yeah well your mum said that when i was raping her up the ass :p

he got more violent but was well worth it

just throw in a mum joke as a comeback they tend to either laugh or go hysterical either way it makes it more fun and the abuse just goes right over your head and you dont really think about it.

they do need to grow up though people just want to game and have fun, you just look retarded if you scream abuse at everyone and no one wants to bother playing against you anoymore so yeah thats what i think lol

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Duck Sandwich said:
Well excuuuuuse me, princess, for not having my life revolve around trading crap in a damn game.
Gah! Don't remind me of the Legend of Zelda cartoon!

About the only thing I've been called is a 'smart ass' and a 'poserz'. I really don't know why there was a 'z' on the end, but that's what I was called.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Fire Daemon said:
PurpleRain said:

My mate allways gets called harry potter. This Brit/AUS american stupidity is the strangest thing I've ever seen or heard. frankly the internet and gaming is allways going to be filled with idiots, I suppose we just need to put up with it.
Ha, I've been called Happy Potter a few times. I don't get mad at them. I just get really annoyed at how stupid they are.

Jakeb Smith said:
I love the Chaser's. That guy in America was asking a few people when 9/11 happened and not many people knew. How stupid do you get?! He was asking New Yorkers!

Girlysprite

Nov 9, 2007
Oh I got one funny event quite some time ago...I believe it was Diablo 2. I played a necromancer there (I often play male characters) and i was goofing off with a friend in a game, making jokes of all kinds, also about women. Some other player starts to rant off about about how players were always so unfriendly to females, and males were dumb anyways and full of testosterone, and that science had proven females to be smarter....bla, bla bla. I just replied; 'See this account name of mine? It says girlysprite. Why do you think that would be? Congratulations, you made me feel ashamed for my own gender.'
And then she logged.

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
I just hate the ones that do it for attention. They don't sound like they are actually stupid, their just doing it for the reaction. For example on CoD4 on Live yesterday an American guy was having a go at an English kid (I joined the lobby after it started so dont know why). After a while he just kept saying "British people suck" in a slurry monotonous voice. For ten minutes. The poor kid wasn't wise enough to just let it go till he shut up so it went on and on.
It this intentional ignorant crap that I hate. You can't think a whole country sucks, but you also can't argue with a dick head on the internet to just beat him at the game if you can then remark about how shit he is by comparison. They generally can't handle being beaten at the game.

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Other countries stick their crazies in straight jackets. We stick ours on Live.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
People say whatever they want because they aren't afraid of getting the shit completely kicked out of them. I was called all sorts of names the other night on XBOX Live the other night for no reason, just some young puke thinking he's cool. It even went to the point of wanting to "fight" me in real life LOL. I can guarantee if that kid was face to face with me, he wouldn't say a damn word for fear of his life being extinguished. I urge everyone (especially on XBOX Live) to keep reporting these people. At least their account gets banned and we don't have to listen to them for a while. OR, someone tell me how I can track these kids through my computer :)

Haliwali

Jan 29, 2008
Spinwhiz said:
People say whatever they want because they aren't afraid of getting the shit completely kicked out of them. I was called all sorts of names the other night on XBOX Live the other night for no reason, just some young puke thinking he's cool. It even went to the point of wanting to "fight" me in real life LOL. I can guarantee if that kid was face to face with me, he wouldn't say a damn word for fear of his life being extinguished. I urge everyone (especially on XBOX Live) to keep reporting these people. At least their account gets banned and we don't have to listen to them for a while. OR, someone tell me how I can track these kids through my computer :)

http://www.jinx.com/men/shirts/geek/reported_t_shirt.html