Angry Insults from Gamers

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
What is with the homophobia online and with gamers? Why is it that being called gay is such an insult? I'm not, but when I'm called gay online I usually respond with, 'Yeah, so? At least I get laid.'
That one drives the squeakers to new heights of squeak. They usually just keep up with the fag or gay comments.. like they didn't already call me that and like I would be insulted.
Never have I understood why that is such an insult. I have tons of gay/lesbian friends and I would love to be as cool as most of them. Hell, I'm glad a few of them ARE gay.. if I would have had to compete with those guys for women on our younger days, I NEVER would have gotten laid.
I guess I just don't get that one. n00b either. I have never understood that. Especially when you win..

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
Well, I haven't been insulted like any of that before (No headset, no Live subscription), but one time I pissed off a guy advertising the game he was supposedly making on a forum. The idiot sent me his address so I would come to his house so he could punch me.
Any large, scary people here? I still have the address as far as I know.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
When anybody "accuses" me of being gay in a game, I politely correct their mistaken impression of my sexual orientation and ask him to stop trolling the game for dates.

Sadly it doesn't shut them up, but it is satisfying to hear the spluttering that sometimes occurs.

-- Steve

monodiabloloco

May 15, 2007
The Sorrow said:
Well, I haven't been insulted like any of that before (No headset, no Live subscription), but one time I pissed off a guy advertising the game he was supposedly making on a forum. The idiot sent me his address so I would come to his house so he could punch me.
Any large, scary people here? I still have the address as far as I know.
I used to be an MMA fighter, but I'm not exactly huge and imposing. My brother tho... 6'3" and about 350lbs of mostly muscle... I'll send him.. with his wife.. She keeps that brute in line so I'm WAY more scared of her. All 130 lbs of her.. Really pretty and looks sweet, but can knock that guy on his ass with a look if she's pissed. He would get the guys attention, then step aside to let her let him have it!

HuCast

Aug 18, 2006
nilpferdkoenig said:
Anarchemitis said:
I'm gonna have to remember that German quote for SWBF. That's perfect! Little kids won't know what I'm saying and the occasional German player will have laughter erupt from their Berliner-holes! Hahaha!
Another quote I upon a lark once said to a German in-game was "Ich bein Ful!" (I am Drunk). For the rest of the battle he was unable to play. I suppose he was laughing.

Not "Ich bein Ful!", it's "Ich bin voll!" :)

The joke would be missing when you spell/translate it correctly! "Ich bin voll" is a little boring but an american saying "Ich bein full" is hillarious ;)

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
I don't think anyone's ever insulted me for being American, to be honest, except in good fun. Some Canadian friends on XBL make jokes now and then, but we know each other well, and it's all light-hearted.

I have, however, been on a TF2 server with a Swedish guy and a Dutch guy, when someone brought up Bush. It was interesting, because they wouldn't really say anything about it until after American players did, at which point they voiced their disapproval of the US executive branch, just like nearly everyone else on the server. Didn't last long, because people kept getting killed while chatting, and 90% of the players agreed on everything that was said (one guy said everyone was a naive college student, and everyone told him he was an ass and to just play the damn game).

roo18

Oct 8, 2007
After only a few days of playing WoW, I was told to shove my 'Noob Stick' (I'm guessing I had a rubbish wand) into my eyes and die. Plus, I don't know what it was for.
It was more amusing than insulting though.

Chaosthief

Sep 8, 2007
FPSs are pretty much all moron conventions. I don't give away much that I can be insulted for, though. For example, I don't go around saying I'm Jewish because some bastard who thinks themselves the next Hitler or something will violently butcher the English language insulting me. Also, I rarely ask for help ever on a video game because newbies usually get the same treatment.

The moral of the story is this; don't give them material to insult you and they can't insult you unless they're desperate enough to look cool or something. I really don't know why they do it so I can't say for certain.
roo18 said:
After only a few days of playing WoW, I was told to shove my 'Noob Stick' (I'm guessing I had a rubbish wand) into my eyes and die. Plus, I don't know what it was for.
It was more amusing than insulting though.
Funny, me and my bro call the Grenade launcher the noob stick in CoD4.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
The thing I have realized is that Douchebaggery is a fact of gaming life when it comes to online shooters. The only thing you can do is wait for the subject in question to grow out of it when they realize Earth and all the heavens detest them for it.
Just today I talked to some kid who was playing a pirated copy of CS on the school computers. Whatever I said trying to deter him or make him stop [Intelligently, I didn't insult him, because I don't fall to their level] and all he would do is take my frustraded demeanor as a compliment or laugh at me. After about 30 seconds of attemt I stopped caring, coming to this conclusion. Being a immature douchebag [depending on how you were brought up in gaming] is something that happens, just like puberty. I just wish it was legal to punch their faces in.

p1ne

Nov 20, 2007
I've had some my share of cheating accusations in UT games. One time towards the end of my time playing classic UT99, I was on an FFA server with one other guy trying to get it populated. He grabbed the invisibility on DM-Morpheus and just stood there camping in the exact spot that the invis spawns on top of that tower. I guessed where to put my shot and headshotted him from across the map. Then of course he refuses to believe that I'm not cheating despite the fact that I'd been missing tons of shots previously.

Probably the funniest cheat accusation I have seen was when I went on a long run without getting killed in a UT2003 Capture the Flag match. Somebody swore that they saw my flak bomb "changed directions in midair". lol. OMG HOMING PROJECTILE HACK!!!1

Most retarded online trash talk boils down to somebody else not being able to handle losing. After awhile it all starts to sound the same. As for the people who have such are so pathetically insecure that they win and still have to act like dickheads, I can only feel sorry for them (in retrospect... in game, I'm usually mentally creating a special layer of Hell, right in between those violent against themselves and those violent against God). :p

Jack Sheehan

Oct 16, 2007
The funniest incident I've ever encountered was while playing the CoD4 beta a few months ago. I joined a British server and it was full of guys from all over england and scotland. Decent guys and i was chatting for a while about nothing in particular. It's worth noting here that I have quite a strong Dublin accent.

One of these blokes asks: 'Hey, are you Irish or what?'

Theres a very long pause. About 10 seconds silence.

Then one of the others chimes in with:

'Well, he's not F***ing Jamaican, is he?'

Saskwach

Nov 4, 2007
PurpleRain said:
I've been constintly mistaken for a Brit. This is really infuriating when you're Australian. I just call the Americans back (and yes it is always Americans who do it) Canadians. For some reason they don't like that either. Then I boast like we own them and stuff (disclaimer: not that I'm saying that the Poms own the Candaians, it just pisses the Americans off).
This idea is now stolen.

dodoman1

Feb 3, 2008
Gyrfalconne said:
It's threads like these that make me sad I'm American. I'd really rather not be associated with the 13 year old boys who desperately need a good smackdown by their mysteriously absent parents.

As for insults, I had one notable fellow ask me what I was doing playing Halo 3 when my 'balls hadn't dropped yet'. I proceeded to inform him that that was a physical impossibility due to my gender. There seems to be a stigma that girls don't play videogames.
Once I had a guy ask me that same thing. "Why do you play Halo 3, your balls haven't dropped yet." I replied "Why do you play Halo 3, your skull hasn't hardened yet."
He then replied with the ever-witty "Suck my penis."
I proceeded to shiv him with the sword.
That shut him up.

Xadin.co.uk

Feb 9, 2008
Being English and having UK in my xboxlive tag kind of opens me to the usual standards... I have one question...

Is there a script being handed out to the US to ensure that tea crumpets and the American revolution are always to be mentioned when trying (and often failing because especially the ones that sound like hicks) to insult brits?

I also find it odd that most (not all I hasten to add) American players seem to dislike brits, out of all the nations in the world the UK is one of the most supportive of America and its exploits, where does the animosity come from.