Angry PC Gamer Skips MW2, Sends 60 Bucks to DICE Instead

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
I was thinking of buying CoD:MW2 next Tuesday but now that I think about it, fuck Activision. I'll spend the money on new brakes for my truck. And to think, I was gonna buy the Prestige Edition.

Edit: Nothing against, Infinity Ward, but fuck Activision.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
DaxStrife said:
I'm impressed by the statement he made, but why $60? If he was upset over the PC version of MW2, why did he pay the console price of $60 when it's usually $50 for PC?
Because MW2 decided to charge $60 for the PC version of their game, and he wanted to spite Activision of their full money's worth.

TxMxRonin

Jan 1, 2009
DaxStrife said:
I'm impressed by the statement he made, but why $60? If he was upset over the PC version of MW2, why did he pay the console price of $60 when it's usually $50 for PC?
Sales Tax.

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
OH SHIT, SON!

This man has the right idea! See, this is what happens when you let Activision decide your lives for you, you get fucked HARD and you throw your support behind (no pun intended) other, less shitty (again, no pun intended) game developers.

Eddie J. my hat goes off to you. :)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Way to go Eddie, I doubt you actually accomplished anything, but good on you anyway. I think you'd have been better of sending a note to Infinity Ward telling them in no uncertain terms where they can stick MW2.
Speaking of which, considering how much Infinity Ward seems to have screwed over gamers by removing key features from MW2, it's a wonder to me that anyone's actually going to buy this game.

SomeUnregPunk

Jan 15, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Right, because the first 2 FPS games ever (Wolfenstein and Doom) should negate the fact that the majority of FPS games have been a multiplayer haven for the past 20 years.
Well, I was going with the "always" part of the quote, but then we could bring in all the Arcade FPSs, Unreal, Turok, and a number of games that have had a far superior single player game than multiplayer.

That's before we drag up Duke Nukem, Blood, Redneck Rampage, Rise of the Triads, Descent, Star Wars: Dark Forces or Hexen.

Or let's look at Doom 3 or Bioshock. Not renowned for their multiplayer, are they?
fixed the quote for the annoyed forum poster

ToxinArrow

Jun 13, 2009
AceDiamond said:
So wait, he sends the money to a company that made games where you had to buy DLC to get an edge (i.e. the first Bad Company) to protest the business choices of Activision/Infinity Ward who are also after your money?

...I don't think he thought this through.
You had to buy DLC to get an edge in BC?

Pray tell.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
I see this whole controversy as just more proof of the sad, sad fact that multiplayer makes the game these days.
Because their 5 hour long single player would help?
Sure, there are more multiplayer based games now, but there are still plenty of single player only games. CoD has never been big on Single PLayer. THat is like begrudging a TF2 fan for not caring about a lack of story mode.

T5seconds

Sep 12, 2009
Now you see if everyone in the L4d 2 boycott was like this guy maybe people would have taken them more seriously...

HappyDD

Jul 14, 2009
I wish Eddie J was my friend, since he obviously has so much cash he just sends it to fully functioning companies he has never heard of. Therefore, he must really hook his friends up with nice stuff.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
gof22 said:
So instead of buy BF BC2 when it comes out for $60.00 he sends DICE $60.00 instead and will pry have to pay another $60.00 when BF: BC2 comes out? I don't think Eddie thought this through that well.

I think he was hoping for a free copy of the limited edition game, a multiplayer skin based on him. And maybe steak and a blowjob on a rollercoaster, I dunno.

ender_dio

May 14, 2009
Eddie, you deserve cookies, oreos, cakes, and kudos.

Yes, a whole lot of c.o.c.k. for you. Well played, sir.

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
"the money I was going to buy on [blank]" GRAMMER POLICE ALERT!

I personally think that was sort of immature of him.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
good for him. Most people would just complain about the change but live with it. This guy actually did something.

Hats off to you Eddie.