Ani-Chan

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
EverythingIncredible said:
darkmind35 said:
So sorry to invoke Godwin's Law, but that opinion is right there with Nazi's. And as others have said, car accidents aren't genetically transferred. But convincing you otherwise seems to be a waste of time since you're living in your deluded "survival of the fittest" dream world where people can't choose for themselves. Ever heard of "contraception" and wondered why it was invented in the first place?
The traits to avoid the accident can be transferred though.
Except that's wrong. Would being more careful than someone else be a genetic trait? It could play a part in it, but you're entirely forgetting the environmental factor to everything. Environment plays an enormous factor in human development.

Furthermore, you're assuming the world as an isolated bubble of one person and looking at it as an individual who doesn't actually live in the world. One person being careful cannot account for the actions of another person. Someone could firebomb your house tonight. Your genes would have no say in preventing that.

Lastly, what YOU deem as desirable traits aren't necessarily what others do. Is blonde hair better than black hair? No. Is intelligence better than physical strength? It's situational.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
AC10 said:
darkmind35 said:
So sorry to invoke Godwin's Law, but that opinion is right there with Nazi's. And as others have said, car accidents aren't genetically transferred. But convincing you otherwise seems to be a waste of time since you're living in your deluded "survival of the fittest" dream world where people can't choose for themselves. Ever heard of "contraception" and wondered why it was invented in the first place?
The traits to avoid the accident can be transferred though.
Except that's wrong.
Reflexes and perception are definitely tied to genetics.
TIED to but not governed by. You can train them like much else.
Do you think fighter pilots are just naturally born good? Some of them could be, but the rest do simulators and train.

What if some guy at an ice cream store just pulls a gun on you and shoots you? He's just a lunatic. There's no warning.

Explain to me how your genes could prevent this.

edit: furthermore, reflexes cannot prevent car accidents entirely. You're ignoring that cars are involved. There is a difference between ducking a frisbee about to hit your head, and attempting to stop 3,000 pounds of metal travelling at high speeds.

Assuming you can actually drive, you should know car's aren't nimble enough to easily skirt around objects and that roads are usually busy enough that attempting to do so would just have you hit someone else.

Let's say you had instant reflexes and noticed someone pulls out in front of you 1 second before you're about to hit them. You have 1 second to react. If you're travelling at anything over 50km/h you're going to hit them. If you try to turn that sharp at that speed, you're just going to go skid sideways and run into them. If you try to stop you won't because of your momentum.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
This comic got me to play the game(That and its the 4th most popular thing on Know Your Meme so I had to do research) and I must say I was touched.

Not totally shaken like some of I seen, but it has been some time since I was so engaged by a game.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
burningdragoon said:
"The Katawa Shoujo server seems to be crippled overloaded. Please try again later."

I don't know if I find that funny or not...
wow, I'm not even sure HOW to react to that.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
totally heterosexual said:
totally heterosexual said:
So you think people with disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce?

Nazi.
I care about future generations not being born with undesirable traits.

That's not me being a Nazi or whatever. I just care a lot about the future.

Shame others are so shortsighted. :\
You want to stop someone from reproducing because they were born different and you consider yourself superior to them.

Nazi.
I do not consider myself superior to them. I'm not dating because my traits are undesirable as well. All of these are the following reasons why I should personally never have children: mental instability, skin is too pale, depression, poor eyesight, lack of ambition, unreliability, obsessive, fickle, poor willpower, inefficient use of energy, poor heat retention and being underweight.

I would not contribute to these problems in future generations. That's simply insulting that I would do that.

Breeding should be reserved for people without flaws.
Without flaws? What kind of person doesn't have at least one flaw?

Your talks about how people with "undesirable traits" can't find love makes Rin sad.

And nobody wants to make Rin sad. :(

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
scorptatious said:

Your talks about how people with "undesirable traits" can't find love makes Rin sad.

By undesirable, of course I say that from the perspective of the person who is disabled.

Nobody wants a genetic defect. So why should we punish future generations because you have a genetic defect?
And this is also coming from the perspective of someone who is disabled:

Just because you have a "genetic defect" does not necessarily mean you can't be useful and end up punishing future generations. People can find ways to work around their disabilities. Like how deaf and mute people can learn sign language in order to talk with people.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
D0WNT0WN said:
I best she has some issues.
I heard she's pretty Kinky. Apparently she's into chocking.
laryri said:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.
So THAT's why Anakin was such a whinny *****: GEORGE LUCAS IS A FEMINIST!

This comment is filled with win. Good job.

OT: That link has over 500 comments, WOW.

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
Arcane Azmadi said:
laryri said:
So now you're turning our badass male villains into girls? This is just another example of the vast feminist conspiracy at work.
I hate to break it to you buddy, but Darth Vader hasn't been "badass" since 1999.

And until Lucas formally declares that the prequel trilogy was just one huge, overdone practical joke and isn't actually canon, he never will be again.
Vader still is badass, just people need to literally get over themselves.

But we're not here for a star wars debate, so I'll just give the short version:

If you really don't like it, you can declare it non-canon for yourself. No one at LucasArts or even George Lucas will come bearing down forcing you to believe otherwise. So settle down, and move on as criticizing star wars prequels stopped being "cool" since 2006.

Anyway on topic: I haven't played the game myself, but it does sound interesting. It's nice to see things show the lighter side of people, even if they have some type of deformity. I would pick this up, but I'm pretty sure I would cry most of the time for all the touching moments and that would be really awkward to explain to people why I was crying lol.

mega48man

Mar 12, 2009
oh yeaaaaah, i played this game. still on the emi storyline, already finished hanako and lilly lines with good endings.

.........and when i'm done with emi, i'm soooooo gonna bang that asthmatic chick with the helmet

awsome117

Jan 27, 2009
scorptatious said:

By undesirable, of course I say that from the perspective of the person who is disabled.

Nobody wants a genetic defect. So why should we punish future generations because you have a genetic defect?
I really don't know why I'm replying to this, as I am 99% percent you are trolling, I guess this would be nice for others to see.

In reality, we all have genetic defects (which can/will vary on your definition of defect). No amount of "perfect breeding" will cure these as there isn't a guarantee the next generation will receive all, if any at all the benefits of the first generation. It could be possible to receive all the negatives (again, varies) of them.

But take into a scenario where a "perfect breed" does occur (and for arguments sake) with a women in her late 20s early 30s, physical and mental health both excellent and very intelligent and apply the same for the male. The baby is born at top physical and mental health. However, with the new breed comes a new genetic "defect" that wasn't present in the first generation. Let's say he has bad teeth, or his head is just slightly bigger than normal. Stuff like this is inescapable just as much as this scenario will likely happen.

There isn't a perfect person, just what we perceive as perfect. It doesn't harm future generations (unless said genetic defect IS actually harmful to their health, AIDS or HIV for example). Then comes the Nature vs Nurture argument which will vary the outcome of how the next generation will breed (Again, it varies from person to person). There are just too many variables to take into account to ask what a perfect person is.

Whether you are a troll or not, I'll say this regarding the thoughts on yourself with love (from a post earlier). Love isn't logically as love itself is very anti-logic. Take it from a guy who loves logic and order when he says; you can't understand or predict love. It just happens and when (or if you do) find that someone (which you will, we all will [in fact most of us do without even knowing it]) you'll understand.

Anyway, that's my long post for the day and I wish you all (even EverythingIncredible) the best.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
AlohaJo said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
i wouldnt go as far as to do that, its not much of a game.
That being said it is an amazing experience, the characters are real and the story flows beautifully. Even the male lead Hisao, actually manages to be an interesting character, which surprised me since I expected him to be a thoroughly blank slate upon which people with fetishes could project themselves upon.
Im very glad I was proven wrong. As of yet Ive only went through Emi's story, and if thats an indicator of the overall quality of the rest then I can see myself playing through this many times
I suspect you might agree with me after you play through everyone's arcs. Although Emi's story is really well done, it doesn't seem to manipulate your emotions as much as the other ones do. However I'll agree that GOTY is a bit out there (but it doesn't hurt to dream!), and that yes, this game is less of a game and more of an absolutely amazing experience.

I'm also going to recommend that you play Lilly's arc last.
Im actually going through Lilly's arc now, its strange though because Ive become somewhat attached to Emi. Shes so damn adorable XP This is one of those games I really wish I could forget about just so I can play through it again without prior knowledge

AlohaJo

Nov 3, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Im actually going through Lilly's arc now, its strange though because Ive become somewhat attached to Emi. Shes so damn adorable XP This is one of those games I really wish I could forget about just so I can play through it again without prior knowledge
I know what you mean. I cried when I finished it (yeah, I'm man enough to admit it) because I realized that there wasn't any more. Thankfully Katawa+Crash was there to help alleviate the sadness a bit...

I think I'll play through Emi's arc again tonight.

RedmistSM

Jan 30, 2010
That was i nice comic, but what really made me laugh is you and everyone else quoting Darth Tsundere. I can just hear him saying it.

I have played a couple of the routes, but am not amazed so far. Some things are pretty good, but it's not exactly exciting.