Anonymous announces its plan to destroy facebook

Matt East

Apr 4, 2011
Synyster said:
Instant K4rma said:
Have they nothing better to do? That's all I can really think when I read about these folks.
No we really don't
Ain't admitting membership against the rules?
But they don't have much in the way of structure, so, ah.....yeah.

TheHighDino

May 1, 2011
Sovvolf said:
TheHighDino said:
Sovvolf said:
luvd1 said:
Awwww. Remember, remember the 5th of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot. I can not reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
I remember the gunpowder plot, it was a bunch of terrorists who thought the best way of dealing with people they didn't like would be to murder them by blowing a building up that would probably have contained a bunch of innocent people that would have been killed in the process.

Though I also remember he failed, got arrested, executed and in my Country we throw him on a bonfire every 5th of November for the troubles.

I thought it was just to do with Guy Fawkes.... and you know... Anonymous wear Guy Fawkes masks..?
Guess who the terrorist was.... The 5th of November in this country is celebrated as either Bonfire night or Guy Fawkes day. We have a fire work display (sort of like 4th of July) and a big bonfire. Celebrating the fact that we found this guy before he killed a bunch of people both innocents caught in the collateral damage and the fellows (puritans I believe) who he didn't agree with. Actually look up Guy Fawkes, he wasn't that nice of a guy nor did he do many of his actions in the name of freedom...
I know, I live in Scotland.. but I was just saying.. I dont see how any of the rest of it means anything with this apart from Guy Fawkes.. I think its just because thats the day he was made famous on, and thats what Anonymous are planning to do to. By killing the King. aka, Facebook.

AmaterasuGrim

Jul 16, 2011
Dear anon please destroy the entire internet whilst your at it because going onto any site will take our info.

Also the whole they didn't do the psn tech they could've since anyone & everyone can be anon, so whichever hacker did it could actually be anon just by saying they are part of anon, just like me saying I'm anon make's me anon that's the bad thing with open group that there are no rules.

Personally i don't touch facebook so i wouldn't care if it got taking down but that's a lot of people just like psn that are going to be caught up in this because some hacker thinks what they're doing is wrong.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
It makes sense. Anonymous values privacy. Mark Zuckerberg specifically philosophically opposes privacy.
But you can choose not to be on Facebook. It makes sense but also it doesn't. Anyone on Facebook accepts what Facebook is so why punish people for doing what they like? I'm not keen on Facebook personally but I would hate to see it get taken down for some pointless reason

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
so what are they going to attack next? amazon? because they keep a record of our searches and have our addresses and credit card info, how dare they!?.

seriously these guys can go fuck themselves, im sick of them running round acting like fucking idiots claiming to be bringing freedom to the internet, when all they really are are bullies and terrorists

(please excuse the language, these guys really wind me up)

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Wow. This is the first time I've felt no rage towards Anon simply because I don't use Facebook...*hiss* It's the work of evil.

Then again I don't even thinks this be real so meh. :)

Drakulea

Feb 23, 2011
So the "ideals" of Anon can be summed up with : "I don't like you, so I'll beat you up". Wow, what a forward-looking philosophy!

I mean, it's totally not like the mindset of a schoolyard bully... NOT!

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
TheHighDino said:
Sovvolf said:
TheHighDino said:
Sovvolf said:
luvd1 said:
Awwww. Remember, remember the 5th of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot. I can not reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.
I remember the gunpowder plot, it was a bunch of terrorists who thought the best way of dealing with people they didn't like would be to murder them by blowing a building up that would probably have contained a bunch of innocent people that would have been killed in the process.

Though I also remember he failed, got arrested, executed and in my Country we throw him on a bonfire every 5th of November for the troubles.

I thought it was just to do with Guy Fawkes.... and you know... Anonymous wear Guy Fawkes masks..?
Guess who the terrorist was.... The 5th of November in this country is celebrated as either Bonfire night or Guy Fawkes day. We have a fire work display (sort of like 4th of July) and a big bonfire. Celebrating the fact that we found this guy before he killed a bunch of people both innocents caught in the collateral damage and the fellows (puritans I believe) who he didn't agree with. Actually look up Guy Fawkes, he wasn't that nice of a guy nor did he do many of his actions in the name of freedom...
I know, I live in Scotland.. but I was just saying.. I dont see how any of the rest of it means anything with this apart from Guy Fawkes.. I think its just because thats the day he was made famous on, and thats what Anonymous are planning to do to. By killing the King. aka, Facebook.
Because they're using a terrorist as a figurehead and quoting his famous day as if they agree with him on his actions. As if what he was going to do was going to be a good thing. People keep quoting that phrase without really understanding the weight or the meaning of it. Even if his actions were in the name of freedom (they weren't, he just wanted to replace the protestant king with a catholic one) they were still horrid actions and the fellow really didn't care about the fact that he could have killed hundreds with the bombing, they were just collateral damage.

One wonders if many anonymous members actually have a clue about Guy Fawkes. The 5th of November is when we celebrate the thwarting of the terrorist attack that could have killed quite a few people, not what Guy Fawkes attempted to do on that day.

Would be on par with celebrating and cheering on the people behind the London bombings or 9/11
To move it to a more recent setting, it would be like celebrating and cheering on a fellow who attempted to blow up the white house because he didn't like what he stood for.

I imagine that either many of the people quoting Guy Fawkes only watched the movie of V for Vendetta or didn't get the comic (V isn't the good guy, Fitch is.).

Mrsrlg

Jun 1, 2011
Looks kinda faked, but whatever.
People who actually put valuable information about themselves on any social network site are idiots.

Helscreama

Nov 29, 2009
Go go Anon?

I don't know I think if they actually managed it, I'd be impressed but other then they I'm not going to be cheering them on.

zombie goat fetish

Aug 6, 2011
Fanfic_warper said:
zombie goat fetish said:
I hate Anonymous nothing more then a bunch of internet bullies and scum.
I wouldn't call them 'scum' but bullies seems right on the mark. Seriously, they're like that annoying church group that give the rest of us a bad name by spreading hate messages.
I view people who steal other peoples private information as scum, hence my scum remake.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Kristina.K. said:
If what Anonymous has said is true, I hope that they succeed in bringing facebook down.
Sure, it is a helpful social forum, but at what cost?

I'd gladly lose my account to protect my information.
Well you agreed to put your information up and to allow them to use it in every way they described in their terms and conditions so I really dont see what anon is trying to prove other than they can irritate a bunch of people can cause a lot of other website devs to lose money therefore liquidate their fanbase and shoot themselves in the foot.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Wake up and smell the roses. The apps are as unsecure as hell so thats one big exploit they can use just like anybody else who wants your data which facebook stores, even that of closed accounts. It apparently sells on your personal info. Anon doesn't like this, neither do i. Im all for shutting this big bloated POS down for good. If you dont agree, sit back and enjoy people you hate so much fighting for your internet freedom. They will fight for it whether you support them or not.

FernandoV

Dec 12, 2010
BiscuitTrouser said:
FernandoV said:
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Come on Anon! Use you're powers for good and take out ED or Topix!
ED doesn't exist anymore, the asshole who ran it turned it into a SFW website so he (or she?) could sell it off.
Thats not what im seeing. I clicked random page and got a massive picture of a penis. Then of a demotivational picture for "raep" with an included picture that was just lovely... so no. NOT safe for work.

OT:
Why does everyone want facebook dead... i dont like it, others do. Let them have it. Why does everyone CARE SO FUCKING MUCH what other people like to the point where they actively encourage it to be destroyed. Are you fucking two? What the hell is this shit. This is justin beiber/ any pop culture icon hate hipster bullcrap. "U NO LIKE WHAT I LIKE BURN BURN BURN OMFG HE DOESNT LIKE WHAT I LIKE"

Grow up. You sound infantile.
Yea, apparently it's back up now. The SFW website it was before is (was?) called ohinternet but I'm glad that it's back, I check periodically to get up to date on drama.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Versuvius said:
If you dont agree, sit back and enjoy people you hate so much fighting for your internet freedom. They will fight for it whether you support them or not.
For my internet freedom? okay, internet freedom... Where is my freedom to be able to sign up to a website and share my personal information without having to worry about some self righteous hacker group taking it down because they prefer to be anonymous and thus they want to force everyone else into being just that? Where is my freedom to chose how much of my personal information I can share on the internet?

Your not fighting for my freedom. In fact, this whole campaign (if it is true which I honestly doubt) is fighting for the exact opposite of my freedom.

As for personal information... I don't care. I honestly don't. That info more than likely goes to advertisers as part of market research or in order to specify what ads pop up on the facebook page. Big deal, I'm okay with that. I'm okay with anything else they're doing with it. If someone isn't okay with it then, don't sign up. I'm not going to give you shit for it, you don't feel secure with the service or you prefer to be anonymous then go for it... That's your choice, you made it, you enjoy it... I chose not to, I understand the choice I made and the risks it involves, I'm okay with that, leave me be.

See that's freedom, the freedom to make a choice. When you start to take that choice away, your taking away the freedom of others.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Lono Shrugged said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
It makes sense. Anonymous values privacy. Mark Zuckerberg specifically philosophically opposes privacy.
But you can choose not to be on Facebook. It makes sense but also it doesn't. Anyone on Facebook accepts what Facebook is so why punish people for doing what they like? I'm not keen on Facebook personally but I would hate to see it get taken down for some pointless reason
Most people who use Facebook actually aren't aware of Zuckerberg's philosophical stances. They aren't aware that one of the reasons the company was created is to break down privacy, a concept which Zuckerberg considers antiquated in the modern world.

They are not punishing users. They are punishing the site. Personally, I don't care much for privacy and am fine with Facebook. People who love privacy and understand Facebook are going to hate it though.

Drenaje1

Aug 6, 2011
Well, while I have almost no confidence in Anonymous, if they actually pull it off, it'll be an entertaining day for me because everybody will go bat-shit insane over it. I'm sick enough of Facebook, but watching the people who spend their entire day on it freak the hell out because they can't sign in will be just fantastic.