Anonymous announces its plan to destroy facebook

MCrewdson001

Jul 4, 2011
I couldn't care less if they succeed or not however at least i can laugh at one of my friends who keeps pestering me to get facebook

njrk97

May 30, 2011
oh no how will they evily use my full name and email aganst me i see no way how does anyone else

Xavisam

Dec 2, 2010
Well I will applaud you for trying but really all its going to cause is more ammunition against you.
I still think the best way to oppose facebook is to try teach people what the site is really doing with your personal info.If the users still trust facebook after that then it's their own fault.

Just an idea.

Jan 11, 2009
First time I've wanted Anonymous to fail, they really can't claim to be fighting for privacy anymore after joining with LulzSec, a group which published information or basically every user of every website they hacked.

EDIT: Actually, on further investigation, I think this may be a fake. The voice used is different to previous videos I've seen of AnonOps and I can't believe Anonymous would do something like this.

Azulito

Jan 1, 2009
They honestly wont get anywhere with this. Facebook is essentially an internet superpower. It's like if they tried to take down Google, it's just not gonna happen.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I know of no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Ah such a nice song, hopefully they really will give us something to remember.
As much as you all dislike them when they rattle the cages they do have a point, but I can't see them winning any hearths and minds on this one.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
Okay, hold the fucking phone.
Since when does Anonymous announce real attacks? (not just protests like the whole Chanology business)

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010

...huh?

Oh wait, is this the part where I'm supposed to care? gimme a second...

" Oh NoeZ! AnONymOOzE is GUnNa Hackz ma FaeeBOOK!

OP: Normally I'm rooting for Anonymous but... this is a bit much... A lot of people actually use Facebook for good real-life reasons...

...but I don't think they can't...

newfoundsky

Feb 9, 2010
I'm not exactly worried. If this is the anon that is against evil corporations and governments, they won't harm YOU. Just the site.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Why?
Why this time?
And i wish they would cut all this 'righteous' bullshit out, everybody thinks they're pricks now.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Why? Did facebook do something I'm not aware of? Oh well it won't be missed that much. It's killing itself anyway with its stupid updates.

Angry_squirrel

Mar 26, 2011
God it's about fucking time anon actually did something useful. While I doubt anything will come of this, I really, really hope they manage.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
CodeOrange said:
Anon declares that they're going to bring down facebook after it was rendered defunct by Google +.
I still don't get this.
Everyone is claiming that Google+ signals the end for Facebook, but the service is inferior in almost every way. Unlike with MySpace, where Facebook offered a considerably better producct, Google+ tries and fails to copy Facebook in pretty much every respect.
I can't fathom why anyone would switch to Google+ unless they were a bit of a hipster, to be honest.

blushmoe

Nov 19, 2009
We are all aware that Facebook sells out info to advertisers.

But how about you bring down tumblr like you said you would before you start on Facebook anon. You disgust me

/b/ RIP 2008 You use to be cool