Anonymous Hacks Eidos, Deus Ex Websites - UPDATED

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
ShadesOfGrey84 said:
*sigh* what's with people taking stuff like this on face value these days?

Everybody can claim their network/site was hacked.
Everybody can claim that 'Anon did it'.

You know, it's kinda convenient how you can claim some nebulous shadowy techno terrorist organisation h4x3d you to cover up your own incompetence. Especially since such group can include everybody and their mom. And such a group has no actual public face, so it's not like anyone can even deny responsibility.

Thing is, the kind of stuff from anon groups tend to be either somewhat activist in nature, or just dramatic for the lulz. Random nonsense like this? Not quite..

I'm not claiming this are *not* as they are said, but keep in mind that anon has made a lot of enemies that wouldnt care wheter they caught the people behind the masks for the right or wrong reasons, as long as they are made an example of.
What lends this one a tad bit more credibility is that Anon members were discussing the hack on one of their IRC servers, and this was picked up by someone with no affiliation with Eidos or Square Enix.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
ZeroMachine said:
The Plunk said:
Anonymous didn't do this, Chippy1337 did. You can't be anonymous if you have a name.

I would like to know what this douche-bag's motivation was though.
Yup. How can you be anonymous if your identity is separate from everyone else?

Gah, anonymous or not, they're going too far. I mean, why there? Why Eidos of all places? What in the flying fuck did they do?
Pretty much this. Whoever did this, screw them. Eidos is awesome and they have done nothing I know of to deserve this.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
ZeroMachine said:
The Plunk said:
Anonymous didn't do this, Chippy1337 did. You can't be anonymous if you have a name.

I would like to know what this douche-bag's motivation was though.
Yup. How can you be anonymous if your identity is separate from everyone else?

Gah, anonymous or not, they're going too far. I mean, why there? Why Eidos of all places? What in the flying fuck did they do?
Read my original post and you'll find out.
?THAT is entirely subjective...and so your not happy about a game? that doesnt give you the right to do stuff like this

the world...and game developers owe you NOTHING

Ellen of Kitten

Nov 30, 2010
So... Splinter Anon that fought for freedom of speech and freedom on the internet- these are hackers I like. Steal shit and ruin peoples lives Anonymous can bite a turd sandwich. It's just... unnecessary.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
So, who reckons these guys aren't ready for the "srs biz" of the police putting them in a jail cell with a fat, toothless hillbilly who wants to play a game called "balls on chin"?

But seriously, this all seems to pointless.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Oh for fuck's sake. While their political hacking isn't exactly right, it's a hell of a lot better than credit card theft and the anal fucking of innocent customers, devs and publishers.

It's long past time that they rot in jail, and I'd be happy to see them go.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Whoever is going around proclaiming Anonymous are "Internet Superheroes", fucking stop this nonsense immediately!.

That's absurd bullshit and I will not believe that even for a second! They're not SAVING anyone, they aren't DEFENDING anyone. They're completely oblivious to anyone else that isn't a bitter fuckwit and they go around causing mischief "anonymously". Just because you're anonymous on the internet, it does NOT give you any excuse to make things horrible for everyone else!

"This is why we can never have nice things, Internet.." I hope you're fucking happy!

Anyway.. I first saw word about this when randomly checking the Square Enix Members Europe blog/community site and noticed the now-updated-on-Escapist article from SE.. Though I'll admit, some hackers aren't malicious/evil/ignorant of others.. The majority DO make them all look bad.

Galliam

Dec 26, 2008
I feel like these attacks are proving a point about something I'd always been a little hesitant about. Storing your personal information online is REALLY stupid. Its just made that much worse that to function in todays society, you pretty much HAVE to have your details online. Credit Card information is saved for our "convienence" Our names and addresses are on sites we sign up for.

Hackers are ALWAYS going to be able to break into pretty much anything they want. I'm no PSN guy nor do I have an accound on Deus Ex, but I feel its only a matter of time before a site I do store personal info on is hacked. Like say, the Escapist or Steam.

Worries the shit out of me.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Sigh. And after all this there's probably still people out there that support the hackers and adamently believe they're fighting for gamer rights.

Not for their own benefit and amusement like they actually are.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
This smells like some kid between Junior High and High School, and if Anonymous is knowingly recruiting from that demographic they need some serious help. As in lobotomies for the entire roster.
There is nothing to gain from this move except to piss everyone off and alienate those you say you are defending. Which helps substantiate the idea that Anonymous wasn't actually involved but is instead being used at the scapegoat. Which shouldn't be surprising and is still deserving.
I've said it before, and I will say it again. Find these twats and throw them all in Gitmo for a year.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
better that harmless attention mongers get the bugs out of security software now then a sudden large scale assault by cyber terrorists when our flipping brains are wifi enabled.

NitehawkFury

Apr 8, 2011
Oooh, ooh, do we get to make fun of Eidos and and tell them how crappy their firewalls and security are? Then do we get to blame the whole thing on the company, because obviously, it was all their fault - They were just asking for it, having the audacity to make a cyberpunk hacker-style game. And then, do we get to proclaim that the hackers were really doing this for OUR benefit? I mean, they're the real heroes, right?

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
This splinter group din't seem to even understand anything that anonymous originally stood for. Even though they were hackers, I could originally agree with what they were doing. But now, they're just being idiots. Why Eidos anyway? They could at least hack a website of a group that make bad games. I would prefer that.

Zenron

The Laughing Shadow
May 11, 2010
This splinter group din't seem to even understand anything that anonymous originally stood for. Even though they were hackers, I could originally agree with what they were doing. But now, they're just being idiots. Why Eidos anyway? They could at least hack a website of a group that make bad games. I would prefer that.

mdazfrench

Oct 17, 2008
Gratz Anon. Went from being a vaguely serious group to a group of feuding kids. We're REALLY going to take the stances you take on internet issues serious now.