Anonymous is targeting Iran next!

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Unless Annon has gotten to the level where they can actually break into government computers and completely muck things up, I do have to ask exactly what they can do to help. DOS attacks aren't going to do a damn thing in this situation, and it would be pretty hard for Iranian civilians to feel any kind of boost from a literally annonymous group of westerners.

Still they have surprised me before, but making fun of the Westboro church is one thing... taking down a corrupt government is a different kettle of memes.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Jack the Potato said:
And if they're gonna quote someone, don't quote the group of demons who were forced to possess a pig. Try quoting the guy who did that to them; I'm sure Jesus said some pretty cool stuff at some point.
And attach a face to the name? Oh yes, I'm certain in this particular op that'd go down well. "Hey fellow Abrahamic believers, we're here to help! Just like Jesus ... you know, Jesus, Son of God? What? What do you mean, he was just a great prophet?"

No, the whole point of the quote is that Anon is a faceless LEGION. You cannot destroy it. Hells, you can't even TARGET it. Plenty have tried.

Now where's my damn morphsuit...

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
deadman91 said:
PS3fanboy said:
deadman91 said:
BAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! This is fucking hilarious!

What the fuck are they gonna do? Do they honestly think anyone in Iran honestly gives a fuck whether a bunch of hackers stand with them? Does Anon think that if it knocks out a few websites they'll usher in some great revolution that will sweep across the nation and usher in a new era of secular prosperity?

The Ayatollah has stayed in power through proxy wars, real wars, protests, riots, famine, elections... Do they think that a bunch of westerners wagging their virtual fingers will get him to break a sweat?
Anon already had quite an impact with the other revolutions in the middle east, i.e. Egypt. True, it is highly unlikely that anything will happen strictly because of them, but add whatever they do to whatever other factors are present and the same thing can happen as in Egypt.
You know what, that would be nice. Hell, that would be fantastic. And I'd be ecstatic if it did.

But it's not. What happened in Egypt happened under an Egyptian context. Rising education levels, greater access to information, both of these happened without a rising standard of living. The protesters had the support of some of the most important religious leaders in the country, notably those in the Muslim Brotherhood. And most importantly, the army stayed way the hell out (for the most part) and backed the new government when it came into power.
This will not happen in Iran. Honestly I think people need to let Iran sort itself out. They're smart, often educated, long-thinking people who figured out a long time ago that change will be gradual, it will not happen over night.

I'd be happier if Anon was targeting Saudi Arabia.
Hactivists and netizens working within and outside the Anon banner had a big role in the Jasmine Revolution. People using social networking clients and technology organized rallies and spread news and information on Khalid Saeed, Mohammed Bouazizi, and the Wikileaks diplomatic cables that showed irrefutable proof of corruption happening in North Africa and the Middle East. Many of the government networks of those countries, (being websites, emergency bands, telephone lines) were bombarded with interference, calls, and DDOS attacks that crippled their censorship and propaganda efforts as well as hindered the capabilities of the police and military to organize.

JDLY

Jun 21, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:
Unless Annon has gotten to the level where they can actually break into government computers and completely muck things up, I do have to ask exactly what they can do to help. DOS attacks aren't going to do a damn thing in this situation, and it would be pretty hard for Iranian civilians to feel any kind of boost from a literally annonymous group of westerners.

Still they have surprised me before, but making fun of the Westboro church is one thing... taking down a corrupt government is a different kettle of memes.
I believe they have already claimed helping, I don't know how, take down the governments of Egypt and that other Middle Eastern country who's name escapes me right now.
I think so anyway.

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
They may be trying to do something "noble", but they are still nothing but a bunch of trolls on the internet.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
iran has computers?!?!

lol jk but to be honest this seems like a waste of time and breath

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
I am surprised this isnt on the front page of escapist. its on several major news sites like CNN and on the weekend when they are usualy slow. and escapist has posted other anon news that wasnt game related that wasnt on news sites.

but then again i am drunk and cooking biscuits.. and do hope for the best for the iranian people.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
...Right.

Well, think of it this way. Now, they're actually trying to do what the mask signifies.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
The Youth Counselor said:
deadman91 said:
PS3fanboy said:
deadman91 said:
BAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! This is fucking hilarious!

What the fuck are they gonna do? Do they honestly think anyone in Iran honestly gives a fuck whether a bunch of hackers stand with them? Does Anon think that if it knocks out a few websites they'll usher in some great revolution that will sweep across the nation and usher in a new era of secular prosperity?

The Ayatollah has stayed in power through proxy wars, real wars, protests, riots, famine, elections... Do they think that a bunch of westerners wagging their virtual fingers will get him to break a sweat?
Anon already had quite an impact with the other revolutions in the middle east, i.e. Egypt. True, it is highly unlikely that anything will happen strictly because of them, but add whatever they do to whatever other factors are present and the same thing can happen as in Egypt.
You know what, that would be nice. Hell, that would be fantastic. And I'd be ecstatic if it did.

But it's not. What happened in Egypt happened under an Egyptian context. Rising education levels, greater access to information, both of these happened without a rising standard of living. The protesters had the support of some of the most important religious leaders in the country, notably those in the Muslim Brotherhood. And most importantly, the army stayed way the hell out (for the most part) and backed the new government when it came into power.
This will not happen in Iran. Honestly I think people need to let Iran sort itself out. They're smart, often educated, long-thinking people who figured out a long time ago that change will be gradual, it will not happen over night.

I'd be happier if Anon was targeting Saudi Arabia.
Hactivists and netizens working within and outside the Anon banner had a big role in the Jasmine Revolution. People using social networking clients and technology organized rallies and spread news and information on Khalid Saeed, Mohammed Bouazizi, and the Wikileaks diplomatic cables that showed irrefutable proof of corruption happening in North Africa and the Middle East. Many of the government networks of those countries, (being websites, emergency bands, telephone lines) were bombarded with interference, calls, and DDOS attacks that crippled their censorship and propaganda efforts as well as hindered the capabilities of the police and military to organize.
I agree that this was definitely an internet victory, but there was a lot more going on than that. As I said, in the case of Egypt the army in some cases outright refused to repress the protests, and international attention and warnings often kept governments from getting too bloody. But take a country like Syria, where they're so used to bad international press, sanctions and oppressing revolutions that they're quite happy to get bloody, and you get the idea that any 'Jasmine Revolution' style uprisings in Iran could get very bad indeed. Not to mention give hardliners within the government an excuse to quash any progress made by progressives.

saber152

Apr 21, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
So Anon is now picking their targets based on American propaganda eh? ¬_¬
Just how do they plan on attacking a 3rd world nation anyway? I doubt Iran has the greatest Internet access.
if they have computers with sensitive information or if something is run strait from a computer then there is a good chance they can fuck with it 50 different ways and still have more to do.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
JET1971 said:
canadamus_prime said:
Oh really? Then why are they doing America's dirty work?
The Anon that was spokesman for the Ops againt the westboro babtist church was british.

theres an anon china site, and many members from the orient.
So I repeat, why are they doing America's dirty work?
joebear15 said:
I think hes trolling
Then you'd be wrong. I don't troll.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
JET1971 said:
He has had a hand in arming jihadists in irag and afghanistan sine 9/11 and operation iragi freedom. he claims his enrichment program is for clean energy but the world knows thats a croc, they want nukes!
You can't spell his name, but you're passing judgement on him and the Iranian government. Interesting. You know Ronald Reagen and Oliver North personally sold missiles to the Ahmadinejad regime in Iran to fund the murderous Contra revolutionaries/drug cartel in Nicaragua? You know the CIA trained and armed Osama Bin Laden and those same mujahideen that you mention to fight the Soviet advances in the 1980's? Now that this dictator is not doing as NATO tells it to do, Ahmadinejad is a target. The same happened with Saddam Hussain and so many before him. You know most brutal dictators around the world are installed by western forces? The ones that aren't or that are playing up are the ones you hear about on the news.

Personally, I hope Anon brings Ahmadinejad's regime a lot of trouble. He is a violent man and an oppressive Sharia dictator. After that, I certainly hope Anon turns it's attention to the other guilty partys.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
THEJORRRG said:
JET1971 said:
He has had a hand in arming jihadists in irag and afghanistan sine 9/11 and operation iragi freedom. he claims his enrichment program is for clean energy but the world knows thats a croc, they want nukes!
You can't spell his name, but you're passing judgement on him and the Iranian government. Interesting.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Yes i knew/know how to spell his name. I think he is an asshole so i did not bother to do so. oh wait i was simply making fun of its odd spelling and you get up all in arms.. how cute. surprised you cuaght it and yes you fell for it.