Anonymous PSN Attackers Arrested in Spain

Artic Xiongmao

Nov 9, 2008
It's impressive how people react to these things. Are you all joking about jail or are american jails as stereotipically awful? :/ Here in Spain it's not like that. At all.

Anyway. These people didn't hack the PSN. They hacked government sites for oppressive and corrupt laws, and other sites from arab governments because of the Arab Spring.

These guys in particular are heroes, not criminals.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
They were arrested in SPAAAAAAC-

No wait.

SPAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNN!!!

So, are they anons or lulsies? (I understand the lulsies are FROM anon.)

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
For bringing down the government websites of Libya, Tunisia, Iran, and Egypt during the Arab uprising, these guys deserve a fucking medal. What? Nothing is ever strictly black and white...
my thoughts EXACTLY!

Sieggy

Dec 8, 2010
I smell three little scapegoats, and a bunch of big, bad wolves who followed the butthurt corporate's orders.

Seriously now, why three? This kind of coordinate attack would involve more than three hackers, if you're going to round them up. Get them all. Otherwise leave them alone, the worst thing they can do is to arrest a handful without actually dealing with the main problem.

Jailing three of the possible hacker would not solve the problem, but fuel it..... Who am I to judge? People go to jail for more stupid reasons.

namewon'tfitin

Nov 20, 2009
Anonymous.
There's that word angain and it pisses me off.
I usualy visit /v and I have to say 4chan is not bad.
The only thing that makes people think of it as a horrible place is /b and the anonymity because honestly everyone's a douche when there are no consequences.

Wulfheri

May 19, 2011
Excuse me, I think that the PSN attacks were with a REASON. To show people how important privacy is. Never give personal data away, that's their message.

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
Hahahaha, this is hilarious. Oh European governments, you try so hard to be important.

GaryH

Sep 3, 2008
Can someone explain to me how one can arrest the leaders of a leaderless group?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Three years? I'm not saying they should get life without parole, but three years?!

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
thethingthatlurks said:
For bringing PSN down for no reason, these idiots deserve to rot in jail. For bringing down the government websites of Libya, Tunisia, Iran, and Egypt during the Arab uprising, these guys deserve a fucking medal. What? Nothing is ever strictly black and white...
Yeah this is kinda how to look at it.

Also, where do the police get these ideas? There was doubtfully any one person in charge in the first place, and even then, this will likely just cause other members to go under cover.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Yvl9921 said:
Hahahaha, this is hilarious. Oh European governments, you try so hard to be important.
Best do nothing, eh?

OT:
A nice start for sure, but let's not stop before we've rounded them all up.

It is possible, we have the technology!

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Wait. I thought Anonymous has maintained that they had nothing to do with the PSN hack that brought down the network for so long. Now, we're hearing that three people that were a part of Anon and were involved in the attack have been arrested. And rather than denying or trying to clarify the situation Anon responds with a blanket "We are Legion" response? Say what?

Now, I understand that these people were involved in other activities that are probably why they were being sought in the first place, and that Anon is rather proud of many of their actions such as bringing down the sites of some governments like Iran. But considering the amount of love that gamers in general give Anon, I would think that they would at least deny that they were involved in the PSN hack. It's also worth noting that Anon seems to defend these men.

So, what's going on here? Do the authorities have this much wrong? Is Anon admitting that they were involved in the hack? Do they not feel like its important enough to address? Were these people involved in the hack using Anon resources, but not in the official capacity of Anon?

I want answers! And I want them 5 minutes ago!

barkaim

Dec 26, 2008
i'm with extra credits on this one anon can do a lot of good but the psn attack w/ the theft of credit cards doesn't exactly align with their core principles like the things with the countries inhibiting freedom of their citizens. the psn attack was by that group of 3 hackers not anonymous