Anonymous PSN Attackers Arrested in Spain

Kakashi on crack

Aug 5, 2009
The Cheshire said:
Excuuuuuse me princesses, but these people have little to do with the PSN hack, which by the way hasn't been proved to find it's guilty part in Anonymous.

These people were attacking websites of the Spanish goverment after several quite unjustified actions done by said goverment, who are a bunch of corrupt assholes that kneel before banks and markets and sell our rights to the market economy. That said, these people also attacked several websites of the goverments involved in the repression of the Arab Spring revolts. So yes, they have my support, I hope they get released.

The situation in Spain is pretty bad at the moment, corruption is at it's tops and nothing is being done to solve it, Anonymous is one of the groups who is trying to give these assholes on the top a lesson. Why anyone should be happy about this arrest is a mistery to me.

Don't forget that Spain is right now the poorest country in Europe (somewhere between 13 and 22 trillion dollars in debt), and if their economy collapses it will take Europe into an economic spiral downwards into the stone age unless they GET RID of the Euro and replace it with country-based currency. It's causing more harm economically in regards to inflation and depression than its helping with its simplicity.

right, rant is over, just wanted to put that out there.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
GHudston said:
Can someone explain to me how one can arrest the leaders of a leaderless group?
I don't know.

But maybe, just maybe, and this is a stretch, I know, Anon isn't quite as leaderless as they want people to think. It's kind of hard to organize anything if everyone is just doing whatever the hell they want. In all likely hood, these men were the leaders of certain operations, not the group as a whole. If you've ever been involved in any group work, you probably have an idea of what I am talking about.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
How can people people still deny it is Anonymous when the Spanish authorities have said a computer by one of the suspects held evidence of attacks on the PSN store along with other attacks on Anonymous targets.

However there was no evidence of PSN hacking.

Wulfheri

May 19, 2011
Mumorpuger said:
I really hate Anonymous. Their "boilerplate response" only adds to my annoyance.
Just let your freedom be stolen by everyone.(sarcasm) Anonymous defends our freedom, they are working for ideals.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Awexsome said:
Huzzah! A good day for the world to see these criminals apprehended!
I cant see how you see this as a good day. millions of dollars(tax payer dollars) are being spent every day and the best they can come up with is 3? Not to mention that they probably are not even leaders considering that Anon has no real leaders just justifies that they are trying to make themselves look good to the public. All they really did was take 3 legs off of a centipede and if my biology serves right a centipede can still move with 3 legs missing.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Fasckira said:
Three hackers in Spain does not equal the Anon collective there?

Considering Anon is "supposed" to be leaderless too, arresting 3 guys wont really have that much of an effect, aside from perhaps scaring those who know the three a little.
It depends. Arresting three /b/tards using scripts someone else wrote to attack a website will do nothing. Arresting three hackers who know what they're doing well enough to break into PSN and steal credit card numbers will do a lot of damage. If there are thousands of people working with Anonymous, you can bet only a handful will actually have any real impact. The rest are there just to serve as cannon fodder should shit hit the fan.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Saltyk said:
GHudston said:
I don't know.

But maybe, just maybe, and this is a stretch, I know, Anon isn't quite as leaderless as they want people to think. It's kind of hard to organize anything if everyone is just doing whatever the hell they want. In all likely hood, these men were the leaders of certain operations, not the group as a whole. If you've ever been involved in any group work, you probably have an idea of what I am talking about.
There's no such thing as a leaderless group, we as humans always follow the alpha no matter how hard we try to avoid it. If anon is a group, then they'll have a leader, they'd probably not even realize it or like to admit it, but they will be. Not to sound cliche but its human nature as a social, tribal species.

Wulfheri said:
Excuse me, I think that the PSN attacks were with a REASON. To show people how important privacy is. Never give personal data away, that's their message.
The choice of what people do with their personal data should be left with them and not at the whims of an internet group. Doing that pretty much puts them in the whole "Do what we say or else" area.

Wulfheri said:
Mumorpuger said:
I really hate Anonymous. Their "boilerplate response" only adds to my annoyance.
Just let your freedom be stolen by everyone.(sarcasm) Anonymous defends our freedom, they are working for ideals.
Yep, telling us what we can and can't do with our personal information is really defending our freedoms to do what we like...

As for the news itself... Not real sure what to think. If they were the ones that were attacking PSN then I'm glad they've been caught, they are criminals. However I don't know I'm sort of doubtful.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Anon DDOSed PSN they didnt hack it. reporter fail. If these guys were involved in the PSN hack then they did it outside of Anon on there own.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Avaholic03 said:
Random Argument Man said:
I'll expect a reaction from Anonymous as some point.
Why? It was my understanding that Anonymous threw these guys under the bus already.
I must've skipped that line. It would teach me to do 6 things at a time. I've edited it out anow I'm wondering if we'll see a domino effect from this.

Mr. 47

May 25, 2011
Three years? What the hell! They caused millions, if not billions, of dollars worth of damage, identity theft (to a degree at least) and large scale hacking and all they get is Three years?! Epic, EPIC, law fail.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I,m actually pro anonymous also haven,t we established THEY DIDN'T DO IT? seriously who the fuck is such a genius to leave their business card at the scene of a a crime?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Sovvolf said:
Saltyk said:
GHudston said:
I don't know.

There's no such thing as a leaderless group, we as humans always follow the alpha no matter how hard we try to avoid it. If anon is a group, then they'll have a leader, they'd probably not even realize it or like to admit it, but they will be. Not to sound cliche but its human nature as a social, tribal species.
Yeah, that was kind of my point. If Anon truly had no organization or leadership, they would never accomplish anything as a group. The existence of AnonOps kind of underscores that.

I don't know how they might be organized, but I imagine it's likely a system where someone comes up with an idea and asks for help. Others then agree to help, but the original person with the concept, or someone else who volunteers, likely coordinates the whole operation. This might not be a classic leadership, but it's most certainly not leaderless.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
similar.squirrel said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Waiting for Escapists to demand they be punished by prison rape, performed by state-sponsored rapists.
Because a crime is a crime, and criminals are criminals. And because I couldn't frag for two whole weeks.

I'm sort of neutral on this issue. They were stupid enough to get caught, so they deserved to.
That argument never made any sense to me. Justice has nothing to do with a person's intelligence.

Sougo

Mar 20, 2010
Would be ironic (if not unexpected) that now that Anon has a few visible faces, Sony would sue them for so much that their great great grandchildren would still live out their lives plagued in debt.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
GHudston said:
Exactly, I have the funny feeling that the Spanish government really doesn't understand this thing at all.

BTW, I may be wrong on this, but wasn't it lulzsec, a specific branch of Anonymous that targeted the PSN?

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
How much money did Sony lose? How much fun have we missed?

3 years doesn't seem like enough. I reckon it'll change them substantially though.