Anonymous PSN Attackers Arrested in Spain

Sep 4, 2009
Shouldn't the police be battering people on the streets of Barcelona in broad daylight? Or was that last week?

Oh who cares. Anyone who takes videogames away from fanboys is bad, right? And if the police who crack the skulls of protestors blame someone who are we to say otherwise?

KILL THEM. KILL THEM ALL. THEY TOOK OUR GAMES AWAY. FIND WHERE THEY LIVE AND SHOOT THEIR PETS TOO. BECAUSE I HATE ANONYMOUS.

(You know if you piss Anonymous off, they may try taking out Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo's networks simultaneously. And I wouldn't dare bet that they couldn't do it either)

[youtube]qPoIXwVVp6Q[/youtube]

Dear god, look what they're capable of.

Temah

Dec 5, 2010
So Anonymous has actually been directly accused now? not to try and defend them but don't they stand for 'free speech', why the hell would they attack banks.

Regiment

Nov 9, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Waiting for Escapists to demand they be punished by prison rape, performed by state-sponsored rapists.
See, the freelance ones can be cheaper, but then you have to deal with the rapists' unions, and that's just a mess.

Seriously though, this is good news. (Both that these guys were arrested and that the Escapist isn't screaming out for blood.)

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
They attacked a bank?

I'm also wondering why they are getting such a short sentence... I don't want them to rot, but those offenses sound pretty serious.

craddoke

Mar 18, 2010
Lesson: If you want to undermine a populist group, just blame them for hacking a game console system - heck, hack it yourself and blame them for it.

Someone suspicious might remark on the similarities between recent events and efforts in the nineteenth century to associate union leaders with terrorist activities - and with communism more recently than that.

Gr8gam3r

Apr 18, 2009
Wulfheri said:
Excuse me, I think that the PSN attacks were with a REASON. To show people how important privacy is. Never give personal data away, that's their message.
Our modern world couldn't operate without giving some information away. I want to buy goods online? I have to give my address and credit card details. How else could it work?
It's just keeping the trust between the two parties. It's a shame Anonymous goes to these lengths to try and break that trust.

risenbone

Sep 3, 2010
I dunno sounds like the police involed are adding 1 + 1 together and coming up with what they think is 2 but could be anything. Something like we found these files on this guys computer and these other guys have been hacking our government sites Annon is the biggest hacker group that we know of therefore they are Annon and Annon is responsible for the PSN stuff. Through in on top of that it wasn't all that long ago that Spain was a facsist dictatorship so colour me sceptic.

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
Interesting. So far, we have Spain saying that they are ANON, and Spain saying they are guilty.

I don't want to doubt their credulity. However, it is, at this time, an assumption that ANON was the PSN attacker. In the case that these crackers are the PSN attackers, it is another argument entirely to substantiate that they are also ANON. Really it should be irrelevant, unless the authorities want to charge them with organized cyber-terrorism or something of the like.

kypsilon

May 16, 2010
So the police have nabbed some of Anonymous, now Anonymous is going to do whatever it is they do to whoever they think they should in retaliation, which will prompt more arrests and so forth....

Someone needs to be the bigger person here and say "we fucked up" and it SHOULDN'T BE THE POLICE.

Norris IV

Aug 25, 2010
Nice to see them getting punished for what they did, tbh 3 years is enough for me as i don't really use PSN :)

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Galaxy613 said:
The question is, are these THE guys who did the PSN attack, or are they just people who claim to be anonymous?
A fair question with an obvious answer.
If they are the guys who hit PSN, then they would have all of the user account data.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay. If these guys are guilty of this stuff then I'm glad they were caught. I don't know much about computers, but the article says they found a server in one man's home. And that server links him to several attacks. If that's the case, then I don't understand why people are still going, "But they didn't do it," or "How can they be sure?"
Now we wait and see what Anon does in response, and it will probably be something that doesn't improve my already low opinion of them.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
If they did in fact steal all of the user's data I would hope they could get sentenced for more then 3 years. If I had my way I would throw them in the slammer for at least 10. That would at least scare off a few would-be hackers.

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Wulfheri said:
Mumorpuger said:
I really hate Anonymous. Their "boilerplate response" only adds to my annoyance.
Just let your freedom be stolen by everyone.(sarcasm) Anonymous defends our freedom, they are working for ideals.
WHOA... Anonymous is NOT defending my freedom, the men and women who serve in the military are doing that. Do not presume or even suggest otherwise, especially if you're wanting to suggest that one or two hackers, backed by a bunch of internet trolls are on the same level as them.

My freedom is not being stolen from me, thanks to people who -actually- believe in ideals- not by people in it "for the lulz."

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I'm actually sorry to hear this for one. I never know for sure wither or not these people are actually guilty of these crimes or if the government is just arresting people to save face.

Also, without Anon to fight for uncensored net. At&t and Governments around the world will basically have the net White Walled off and Capped at less then a Gig of Bandwidth in a decade.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
CM156 said:
Only three years?

Well, hackers can't jailbreak their way out of this one
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/
You deserve this.
OT: This is pretty good news, but 3 years?
Well, for their sake let's hope there aren't any burly PS3 fanboys in prison.
For our sake, let's hope they get put in cells with only those people.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Sinclose said:
I can only hope that these arrests will indeed help catch those responsible for the PSN attack.

Also, wondering what Anonymous will be doing in response to this.
If they respond, they prove they are organized, which goes against their disorganized persona. If they don't respond, then the guys will still be tried as Anonymous members, proving anyone can join and any further hacker attempts can be called on Anonymous' behalf.

Its a lose lose.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I get the feeling that they don't have the people related to the PSN attacks, but any chance to grab the most convenient guys off the street and charge them with something based on unrelated incidents, I guess.

let's see some evidence first