Anonymous PSN Attackers Arrested in Spain

adamtm

Aug 22, 2010
anonymous = 21st century witches

so whens the digital inquisition starting?

Oh you mean we are already doing it?

never mind, carry on then

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Nobody really ever does expect a Spanish Inquisition...
I may have already been ninja'd, but I don't care.

RDubayoo

Sep 11, 2008
Awesome news. No doubt some folks will say, "Durp, Anonymous doesn't have leaders," but, durp, yes they do. We know this from previous articles and from the motivation behind the Anonymous Civil War (or slap fight, that sounds more their speed).

Now I just hope that when Anonymous retaliates in their typical childish fashion that more of them will find their way into a cozy jail cell. The fewer of them online, the better.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
similar.squirrel said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Waiting for Escapists to demand they be punished by prison rape, performed by state-sponsored rapists.
Because a crime is a crime, and criminals are criminals. And because I couldn't frag for two whole weeks.
You know you're a criminal then, too? Everyone is a criminal sooner or later. Hell, in my state of Washington, if you don't carry a plastic bag in your car, you are breaking the law. No one cares, but it's still a law. With so many laws in the world, we're all criminals sooner or later, and as you said: Criminals are criminals. Once an , always an , eh?. Your argument is so full of holes that in essence, you're a criminal too. So you deserve punishment as well, as do we all by your logic. Lastly, I'm sorry you couldn't frag for two weeks, no one truly knows how any of us survived before online fragging, huh?

As for the thread: Good... but I'm sure you've barely scratched the surface of the entire operation behind these attacks, and the ones responsible. For all we know, those arrest could have just been pawns and the leaders smile away another day of "u mad, bro?" while the police try to act like they're, y'know, doing something. I honestly won't take this story too seriously, we'll never know when the leader will be caught, because odds are there'll either be no proof, or someone will just take the fall for the real person and forever leave us questioning.

These sort of things don't just end with a few happy little arrests, they're painstaking difficult to go through.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
Just three hackers does not all of anonymous make. Hell I don't believe that they were part of Anon just three random guys.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
*snicker* It's like saying "please come after us next"...because they'll totally do it.
Someone pass the popcorn, this is gonna be HILARIOUS!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Tentickles said:
Highly doubt these guys have anything to do with what the police are saying.

Most likely scape goats to keep their population in check.

Also: Those who believe everything is AS IS in these type of news articles, have no idea that government agencies and police lie to us all the time.
This is the kind of post I find funny. For every doubter of an article like this, there are just as many people taking the word of hackers at face value.

"SONY STORED PASSWORDS IN PLAINTEXT. BELIEVE US BECAUSE WE SAID SO." "OH MAN! They said Sony did that and an unethical douchebag hacker would have no reason to lie! SONY STORED PASSWORDS IN PLAINTEXT!" Meanwhile they provide absolutely no proof whatsoever. Congrats guys.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Seems to me all these three are guilty of is being involved in attacks on Spain's Ministry of Culture website. Spain's National Police are setting themselves up to look like a bunch of morons when the dust settles if they are actually saying themselves that they busted those involved for the PSN break-in. Not to mention the unlikelihood of those three knowing anyone directly that might actually have been involved, if any of Anon were involved.
As Extra Credits pointed out, the PSN attack wasn't really Anonymous' forte. However, the culture website was Anon's calling card.
This strikes me as one of those cheesy thrillers where the robin hood of the movie gets framed for the actions of a less honorable person who was more a copycat, for the sake of just calling the case closed.
I'm not a fan of Anonymous, but I dislike unintelligent police work even moreso. It is actions like these that allow worse perpetrators to remain at large and create even more crap for us to deal with.

Jyggalag

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know enough concerning either side to make an informed opinion. I don't believe any of us do.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Simriel said:
Donnyp said:
I wanna see pics with names. Take away all anonymity. Also that "We are legion threat". you'd think that they would learn that being an internet "Menace" Doesn't translate over to real life. they know your just some pathetic kids who probably can't do anything about using your computer the way other people tell you to little script kiddies.
Given that like 90% of the worlds defence, banking, consumer infrastructure and general workings are run by computers with online networking? Yeah... Hackers can do A LOT!
Especially when security of that data is contracted to the lowest bidder(An evergoing fallacy of governments and corporations). And I am going to go out on a limb here on guessing that you actually were able to read that. That post you quoted is a grammatical nightmare.

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I see a lot of people applauding this, but given the nature of Anonymous I'd like to see at least a little concrete evidence that these three people have committed crimes before I start judging them for anything.

Unquestioning acceptance of apparently groundless statements is always a bad thing. The only way anything resembling justice will ever come to pass in this or any other case is if people hold themselves back from these kind of snap judgments until they've made an examination of the definite facts of the case and drawn a logical conclusion.

ReincarnatedFTP

Jun 13, 2009
This is pathetic.
I guess this is what happens when you try to fight the bastards, you get framed or hit on some incidental charge. Let's all ignore the background and the probable real reason they got jailed.

Fuck the IMF
Fuck the fatcat bankers
Fuck the Barcelona, and all Spanish pigs
And to the previous poster, your military is not protecting your freedom any more than another hacker, and the Spanish police, like most police, are just another street gang with government authority
Solidarity with the Barcelona anarchists and protesters

shurryy

Nov 7, 2010
Well that's another three caught in the web of the government for something they probably didn't do... And who do we have to thank for that?

THOSE WHO DID. SEE WHAT YOU DID ANON? SEE WHAT YOU DID? SENT ANOTHER THREE MEN TO JAIL FOR SOMETHING YOU DID.

People fail to realize that world goverments can't be reasoned with... They won't up the security, they'll shut off the entire internetz for the publicity instead!

Iconsting

Apr 14, 2009
No matter how many anon hackers you arrest or capture, it's not going to get you any closer to getting rid of them. They are literally everyone and anyone. The only thing that could get rid of them would be destruction of the internet itself.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
The question is: Are they really Anon? The article also states the server they used was used to hack a bank server.

I thought Anon didn't go for financial gain.

So, again, it raises the question of whether they're really Anonymous.