Anonymous Says It's Not Finished With Sony

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I agree with their cause and if my Sony built Vaio wasn't already ripped in half, I'd totally do that to it now... mainly because at the end of its life cycle that 9 year old laptop pissed me off, but that's a different story.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
I thought they'd suggest the date "5 of Novermber" and not April 16.
it sounds more... poetic.
Hold it on the date when the British people remember what a dick Guido Fawkes was?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Ha. I appreciate what the cause is but...I just can't do it to Sony. If it was any other company I would prolly participate but, well....Sony is my childhood. So much comforting. NO! LEAVE SONY ALONE!/old meme

EDIT: Also, I do think that grabbing the I.P.'s off of Youtube is stupid, because so many people were just curious about the whole thing.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
I think anonymous thinks he has more power than he actually does, and hes gonna be made a fool of when no one turns up to protest

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
To be fair I do agree that it was wrong of the court to let Sony "forced" sites like YouTube and PayPal to give up personal information about people who had watched GeoHot's videos or donated money to him. For me that is the same as giving the mop a list over people that speak against them.

But for me that is a problem with the court not Sony.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
ThisIsSnake said:
TheIronRuler said:
Hold it on the date when the British people remember what a dick Guido Fawkes was?
More of a religious fanatic than a dick. At the time you couldn't be a catholic and you had to pay more taxes if you didn't go to church (a Protestant church. ONLY protestant.).
I can say now that England has diverse religions, just look at the number of Jedi you have there!

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
It's a nice idea, but I think people lack enthusiasm to organise their local protests.

ThisIsSnake

Mar 3, 2011
TheIronRuler said:
ThisIsSnake said:
TheIronRuler said:
More of a religious fanatic than a dick. At the time you couldn't be a catholic and you had to pay more taxes if you didn't go to church (a Protestant church. ONLY protestant.).
I can say now that England has diverse religions, just look at the number of Jedi you have there!
Yup, England's various Catholic/Protestant conversions were becoming a pain (especially clearing all the blood and ash away). Still Fireworks :D

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
The worst part about these articles on Anonymous is the entitled crybabies demanding that they stop getting coverage. I'm sure they'll turn up.

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
Just when I thought it was safe to put my popcorn down the action starts up again.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
ThisIsSnake said:
TheIronRuler said:
ThisIsSnake said:
TheIronRuler said:
Yup, England's various Catholic/Protestant conversions were becoming a pain (especially clearing all the blood and ash away). Still Fireworks :D
I laughed when I read you comment.
Very funny, and (sadly) very true.
At least we don't have any of these conversions anymore.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
George Hotz might be done [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109150-GeoHot-and-Sony-Settle-PS3-Jailbreak-Case] with Sony
Isn't the more accurate statement: "Sony might be done with George Hotz?"

Inglip

Feb 17, 2011
AnythingOutstanding said:
Snowalker said:
AnythingOutstanding said:
You know, I liked Alan Moore's story and all but I am getting a little tired of seeing that damn mask.
Not trying to be a dick, but Alan Moore isn't the one who came up with that mask, its a Guy Fawkes' mask... from, well, Guy Fawkes... just go look it up.
Who cares?
Yeah, who cares about important history. It's not like it matters, bro.

Don't take pride in your ignorance.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
They do have a point in where they shouldn't have been allowed to request the information of users who donated via Paypal, not should they have been allowed to get it.

But really Anon?

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Not exactly germane, but I had a girlfriend in college that insisted on having me wear a Ronald Reagan mask whenever we did the nasty. Weird, huh? But I didn't care. It was some damn good nasty.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Sony has had this coming for a long time.

I was all for boycotting Sony after they forced their consumers to install a root kit virus on their machines in order to use the products they purchased. For Anon to come out and say "Boycott Sony" makes them seem like, I don't know... posers?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
thaluikhain said:
Snowalker said:
Not trying to be a dick, but Alan Moore isn't the one who came up with that mask, its a Guy Fawkes' mask... from, well, Guy Fawkes... just go look it up.
Though that's true, many people favouring that mask wouldn't have heard of him, and most wouldn't be interested in him at all otherwise.
Yeah, true, but its better that people know the history of things, don't ya think? I mean, sure most that don that mask hardly knows what it stands for, but don't you think they should?

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
linwolf said:
To be fair I do agree that it was wrong of the court to let Sony "forced" sites like YouTube and PayPal to give up personal information about people who had watched GeoHot's videos or donated money to him. For me that is the same as giving the mop a list over people that speak against them.

But for me that is a problem with the court not Sony.
That's a good point. If anyone's to blame, it's the Magistrate that issued the subpoenas. If there was something foul afoot, it's the Magistrate's job to deny the subpoena request. Just because you ask your parents if you can eat nothing but ice cream for dinner doesn't mean that they have to grant that ridiculous request.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Snowalker said:
thaluikhain said:
Snowalker said:
Though that's true, many people favouring that mask wouldn't have heard of him, and most wouldn't be interested in him at all otherwise.
Yeah, true, but its better that people know the history of things, don't ya think? I mean, sure most that dawn that mask hardly knows what it stands for, but don't you think they should?
If they are using it as a symbol of something, absolutely. And particularly because the person who chose to use that symbol in the piece of fiction they like didn't do so at random.

[small]You mean "don that mask", I think.[/small]