Anonymous Says It's Not Finished With Sony

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Snowalker said:
AnythingOutstanding said:
You know, I liked Alan Moore's story and all but I am getting a little tired of seeing that damn mask.
Not trying to be a dick, but Alan Moore isn't the one who came up with that mask, its a Guy Fawkes' mask... from, well, Guy Fawkes... just go look it up.
I somehow doubt that Anonymous would sport them if Moore hadn't popularized them. Or rather, if the terrible film adaptation hadn't.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Vanguard_Ex said:
Snowalker said:
You know, I liked Alan Moore's story and all but I am getting a little tired of seeing that damn mask.
Not trying to be a dick, but Alan Moore isn't the one who came up with that mask, its a Guy Fawkes' mask... from, well, Guy Fawkes... just go look it up.
Who cares?
You, apparently.

I'm intrigued to see how this whole thing turns out, Anonymous' influence is pretty damn strong.
So, too, is the genetic predisposition to retardation that courses through their DNA.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Holy crap a DDoS attack, that will show those corporate bastards that we can take down their website!

/facepalm

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
Snowalker said:
Who cares?
Well, you apparently. *points out*

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Jumplion said:
The Courts gave Sony that information, Sony just requested it.

And even when they did get it, far as I know it was for Attorney's eyes only, not publicly available and only used as evidence.

Quite frankly, I don't feel the enthusiasm from Anon anymore. This lawsuit has been twisted and manipulated on both sides, all this is only serving to confuse the public even more.

We sheep are easy to sway, after all.
The Court authorized Sony to subpoena PayPal, Google, BlueHost et al. for the information. That alone doesn't guarantee that Sony would have ever actually laid their greasy mitts on the information. In fact, BlueHost, one of the recipients of those subpoenas, filed their objections with the Court and were taking the position that they didn't have to cough it up and many of the others, e.g., Google, were, at the time the case settled, completely ignoring Sony.

Anonymouse ain't doing much more than making a tempest in a teacup and a mountain out of a molehill.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
This video warms my heart.. That is, all the negative commentary it's getting.

I thought the internet was going down the drain even further with many people supporting 'anonymous'.. But it's not that much after all!

From the comments, which made me laugh:

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We are the biggest twats the world has ever seen.

Amen to that.

creager91

Mar 3, 2011
You know, its gotten to the point where they seem more like cyber terrorists rather than revolutionaries. What sony did albeit of questionable ethics was still perfectly legal which is more than can be said for anon. What really gets me tho is that they seem to think that they are trying to do a good thing and "freedom of speech" and all that nonsense that they preach. to which I ask then why the hell are you wasting your efforts on a company thats following the rules.

If you really want to prove yourselves take on China, Egypt?, Libya? you know the places that have had trouble with freedom of speech? Why not bring internet to China? My guess? theyre either hiding behind a guise of "free speech"to propel selfish motivations or they really are not as powerful as they claim to be... probably both

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I love all the people saying anonymous is not organised or is all talk, well what have they done in the last year

The mastercard fiasco
Got the chairman of the HBGary fired
DDOS'd quite a few websites resulting in loss of time, information and money
Been aired on TV against the westboro baptist church and hacked their site
Increased freedom of speech by allowing wikileaks to publish more content (e.g. Zimbabwe)

Those are the ones I can think of the top of my head in the last year, there are more. To say they do nothing now is just plain ignorant

creager91 said:
You know, its gotten to the point where they seem more like cyber terrorists rather than revolutionaries. What sony did albeit of questionable ethics was still perfectly legal which is more than can be said for anon. What really gets me tho is that they seem to think that they are trying to do a good thing and "freedom of speech" and all that nonsense that they preach. to which I ask then why the hell are you wasting your efforts on a company thats following the rules.
These technology and copyright laws are fairly new with grey areas and uncertainty, these new laws are likely to be changed and if it can force a company to give up information then it wouldn't surprise me if it will change

Just because something is lawful doesn't make it good, slavery used to be legal does that make it good?

2theAJ

Mar 15, 2011
Anonymous reminds me of myself so much... That's what I used to be like

When I was a teenager.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
ryo02 said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: That TV man looks silly! :D
No Calumon YOU look silly (check my avatar ... dont worry Ill delete it)

they wont be attending themselves? hmm some of them should just to prove they are as willing to risk themselves as they are others.
Dear god, Why can't I stop staring at it?

Calumon: Oh yeah, well at least my name isn't crossed out and pink!

[HEADING=2]ryo02[/HEADING]

See? :3

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
What Anonymouse should do is get one of those robo-dialers that the political candidates use, call each and every Sony store and office worldwide, and leave a voice-mail playing "Chocolate Rain." That'll teach Sony!

Chocolate Rain
Some stay dry and others feel the pain
Chocolate Rain
A baby born will die before the sin

*I move away from the mic to breathe in*

Chocolate Rain
The school books say it can't be here again
Chocolate Rain
The prisons make you wonder where it went

etc., etc., etc., ad nauseam

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
Jack and Calumon said:
ryo02 said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: That TV man looks silly! :D
No Calumon YOU look silly (check my avatar ... dont worry Ill delete it)

they wont be attending themselves? hmm some of them should just to prove they are as willing to risk themselves as they are others.
Dear god, Why can't I stop staring at it?

Calumon: Oh yeah, well at least my name isn't crossed out and pink!

[HEADING=2]ryo02[/HEADING]

See? :3
atleast Im not colour blind thats blue heh ... ok Im sorry Calumon (Im gonna delete it now)

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I wonder if they realise most people have turned on them by now, they look like a bunch of whiny pricks.

I don't mind what Sony did because they were only trying to protect their business, if you ran a local shop and a thief showed a group of people a way to enter your store and take things without your consent you'd definitely get a copy of the CCTV footage in order to capture and hopefully prevent people from stealing off of you, this is no different and the only reason they're going batshit over it is because it's a bigger business and it involves more people.

I doubt Sony will attempt to screw over innocent people if they pursue the people that accessed the website, that would make them look bad and bad publicity = loss of cashflow.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I don't really agree with what Sony did but i really don't like Geohot or what he did and this whole issue si I really don't care. A lot of my childhood was spent playing Sony products and this issue has not affected me at all. I don't care about hacking or Linux or any of that.

To me it seems like Anonymous are becoming a bit too arrogant and righteorous. I'm becoming more convinced it's just a bunch of little kids who dress up in a V outfit and pretend to be some kind of brave revolutionists fighting in the name of the weak.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
I don't really agree with what Sony did but i really don't like Geohot or what he did and this whole issue si I really don't care. A lot of my childhood was spent playing Sony products and this issue has not affected me at all. I don't care about hacking or Linux or any of that.

To me it seems like Anonymous are becoming a bit too arrogant and righteorous. I'm becoming more convinced it's just a bunch of little kids who dress up in a V outfit and pretend to be some kind of brave revolutionists fighting in the name of the weak.
I still think it's a load of bullshit that Anon is against Sony's "invasion of privacy" when they've been leaking the personal contact info of countless of people they don't like to the internet for the world to harass and terrorize them. For years! It's not like Anon cares about double-standards or integrity though.

Either way, I was hoping this entire GeoHot/Sony mess would be done and over with. But jesus christ not this shit AGAIN. At this point, Anon is starting to sound a lot like PETA.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I am glad stuff like this is happening, I just hope it does not devolve into mindless one upmanship between sony and the internet, otherwise we all lose!

Mumorpuger

This is a...!
Apr 8, 2009
Has Anonymous accomplished anything worthwhile? All this "news" talking about their digital take-down lists is getting really boring.

As far as I can see, they have not had any lasting effect, and the most effect they had on people like the general public was temporarily taking down the servers of a website or two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, naturally. It's just what I see.