Anonymous Strikes Back, Hacks "Internet Security" Firm

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
Low Key said:
h264 said:
gamefreakbsp said:
Anonymous needs to be broken. But untill that happens....this is honestly hillarious. Kind of sad to admit but, it's the truth.
This isn't just fun and games. Why are people wanting anonymous destroyed? Its not going to happen.
Why do people want anonymous destroyed? Well, have you ever been to /b/? A good portion of the people there who participate in this sort of shit only want net neutrality so they can continue to do the same depraved things they have been doing. While I agree the FBI is going about it all wrong, anonymous isn't exactly a beacon of light in the fog.
Again you are trying to say AnonOps is 4chan. I've been over this several times. While there is a bleed over, these are largely separate groups. Read my previous post.

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
News article on HBGary: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...m-tracked-anonymousand-paid-a-heavy-price.ars

The situation got so bad for the security company that HBGary, the company which partially owns HBGary Federal, sent its president Penny Leavy into the Anonymous IRC chat rooms to swim with the sharks?and to beg them to leave her company alone. (Read the bizarre chat log.) Instead, Anonymous suggested that, to avoid more problems, Leavy should fire Barr and "take your investment in aaron's company and donate it to BRADLEY MANNINGS DEFENCE FUND."
From the IRC log:

Penny: in all seriousness, i would really like it if your employee or someone residing on your network stopped trying to attack one of my servers

Penny: I have log-files/proof of a host residing on your network attacking one of my boxes

pawned101 and mib_dp5tx8 as well as I know that the infosecisland's main security researcher == the jester

When this arrogant "security expert" Arron is openly saying he infiltrated anonymous and gained intel of their leaders. Then planned to sell the information to the FBI at the tax payers expense. I think that is grounds for being taught a lesson. I mean, just check his internal emails:

Low Key

May 7, 2009
h264 said:
Low Key said:
h264 said:
gamefreakbsp said:
Anonymous needs to be broken. But untill that happens....this is honestly hillarious. Kind of sad to admit but, it's the truth.
This isn't just fun and games. Why are people wanting anonymous destroyed? Its not going to happen.
Why do people want anonymous destroyed? Well, have you ever been to /b/? A good portion of the people there who participate in this sort of shit only want net neutrality so they can continue to do the same depraved things they have been doing. While I agree the FBI is going about it all wrong, anonymous isn't exactly a beacon of light in the fog.
Again you are trying to say AnonOps is 4chan. I've been over this several times. While there is a bleed over, these are largely separate groups. Read my previous post.
If they are so separate, they need to stop posting their bullshit on 4chan. I understand power of numbers and more IPs participating creates more of a shroud for those who are actually tech savvy, but because everything they do gets posted on /b/, we get stories like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107389-FBI-Executes-Search-Warrants-on-40-Anonymous-Members], which is vehemently wrong in all aspects.

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
Low Key said:
If they are so separate, they need to stop posting their bullshit on 4chan. I understand power of numbers and more IPs participating creates more of a shroud for those who are actually tech savvy, but because everything they do gets posted on /b/, we get stories like this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107389-FBI-Executes-Search-Warrants-on-40-Anonymous-Members], which is vehemently wrong in all aspects.
4chan is used for recruiting. Anons are not going to stop recruiting on one of the most popular boards on the internet.

Updating Wikipedia should help provide a distinction between the two. BBC, Guardian, RT and many others are catching on the group is not well defined and largely separate to 4chan.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
h264 said:
Low Key said:
4chan is used for recruiting. Anons are not going to stop recruiting on one of the most popular boards on the internet.

Updating Wikipedia should help provide a distinction between the two. BBC, Guardian, RT and many others are catching on the group is not well defined and largely separate to 4chan.
I am under the impression those that might use IRC and could find the channel(s) anonymous is on are already using IRC and on those channels. Recruiting dumbass script kiddies and teenagers who think using LOIC is a good idea doesn't really strike me as a smart thing to do. But you are right. They are different. I'm just venting.

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
Low Key said:
I am under the impression those that might use IRC and could find the channel(s) anonymous is on are already using IRC and on those channels. Recruiting dumbass script kiddies and teenagers who think using LOIC is a good idea doesn't really strike me as a smart thing to do. But you are right. They are different. I'm just venting.
Admittedly, I was recruited from 4chan. Do you really think all 4chan users are retarded teenagers? The site serves more than 22 million impressions to over 700,000 unique visitors daily.

Sure there is plenty of rubbish posted and occasionally illegal material resulting in permanent bans.

What you don't hear about is all the great information that is posted there.

What you also don't hear about is people from all over the world participating in interesting debates on many topics. The most interesting ones I've seen were related to the Europe protests, where many people were posting & taking part in the protests. As well as debates on wikileaks, governments and chatting with military personal.

Yoshisummons

Aug 10, 2010
bjj hero said:
I'm not a fan of the group but there is something entertaining about hacking the security firm trying to stop you.
It is quite a rare occurrence, let's enjoy while we can, popcorn?

Low Key

May 7, 2009
h264 said:
Admittedly, I was recruited from 4chan. Do you really think all 4chan users are retarded teenagers? The site serves more than 22 million impressions to over 700,000 unique visitors daily.

Sure there is plenty of rubbish posted and occasionally illegal material resulting in permanent bans.

What you don't hear about is all the great information that is posted there.
For example: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/414297/?s=

What you also don't hear about is people from all over the world participating in interesting debates on many topics. The most interesting ones I've seen were related to the Europe protests where many people were posting & taking part in the protests. As well as debates on wikileaks, governments and chatting with military personal.
I am a regular on /b/. I know there are normal people like me who go there for shits and giggles, but ever since moot was featured in Time, the place has been riddled with dumbass kids. So yes, that is what I believe. Granted, I know there is also plenty of good info on /b/ too. Hell, I'm in college to be a network admin, and I can easily say I learned more about computers in 6 months on /b/ than I have in 6 months in class. However, the good threads are far and few between, but thankfully, most of the info stuff has been zipped and put on /r/ so I don't have to look at pictures of dicks and gore all day just to find something worthwhile.

Beccax

Feb 8, 2011
Whenever I read these stories all that comes to mind is the stand alone event surrounding the Laughing Man case...

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Generic Gamer said:
Starke said:
Generic Gamer said:
is...is that an actual thing? They were stupid enough to attack the Government site of a government that doesn't feel like tolerating them?
Without context, and off the top of my head, Anon has attacked the websites affiliated with Zimbabwean, Egyptian, Tunisian, Swiss, British, and American governments. (I might be wrong about the Swiss, I'm not sure.) Well, that's a group of countries you want pissed with you.
The American, British and Swiss aren't too bad, there's a real limit on what they'll do to a cyber attacker and the governments of those countries are under scrutiny by the public.

Zimbabwe I doubt even has the capability to really track attacks within it's borders...but those other two countries really raise my eyebrows! They're the kind of country where there will be few enough individual attackers to track them efficiently and have the kind of governments that would actively want to stop them. It's a bit unwise to apply the presumption of safety to Anon within their borders, the Internet tends to operate on permissive principles so it's easy to forget that what the Internet community takes for granted as inherent rights are actually reflecting the cultural atmosphere of a few countries that make up the bulk of users.
Be more afraid of the British than you are already, they have a fairly well developed intelligence community, a long history of dealing with terroristic threats, a very well developed counterterrorism response, and some, quite frankly horrific laws when it comes to terroristic threatening... and an extradition treaty with the US that is likely to be respected in most cases.

Gunner_Guardian

Jul 15, 2009
Seems like instead of attacking anonymous as a whole, this guy focused on a sect that was defending wiki-leaks and in the end they defeated him because he got too ambitious.

Anonymous as a whole interests me especially as a sociologist student. How many sects there are, what motivates them and how they interact with one another is something I want to find out one day.

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
Low Key said:
I am a regular on /b/. I know there are normal people like me who go there for shits and giggles, but ever since moot was featured in Time, the place has been riddled with dumbass kids. So yes, that is what I believe. Granted, I know there is also plenty of good info on /b/ too. Hell, I'm in college to be a network admin, and I can easily say I learned more about computers in 6 months on /b/ than I have in 6 months in class. However, the good threads are far and few between, but thankfully, most of the info stuff has been zipped and put on /r/ so I don't have to look at pictures of dicks and gore all day just to find something worthwhile.
Yeah, you're right, good threads are far and few between, and seeing as you're also a regular, there is nothing more for me to say. :)

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Calbeck said:
Simriel said:
Calbeck said:
Simriel said:
Arresting 40 members of anon
Is forty guys willing to squeal like pigs to get out of what their friends got them into. Except, in Anon, there are of course no friends. -:)
Every member is by the nature of the group anonymous. How can you rat out someone who you don't know?
If you think that, you've never met any Anons.

There is no one who has the "list"...there is no "list". But plenty of Anons know each other personally. Many joined as subgroups with similar likes. Others discovered one anothers' identities just by socializing AS Anons on various forums or even in gaming venues like TF2.

Example: a friend of mine is a SomethingAwful Goon. He brags about how many Anons he knows from the SA forums. Several of those game in the same circles as my friend, who games in the same circles I do.

There is no such thing, on the Internet, as someone who is truly anonymous. -;)
But these numbers are still inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Not to mention that a list of names is useless unless they can somehow tie these names to the DDoS attacks with prior evidence. It is not a crime to be part of the group. Nor is the word of a scared person in an interrogation room enough to even arrest without some other evidence.

samonix

Nov 17, 2009
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
Dont this people have anything better to do? If they used all that time and energy on legal things they could make lots of money.
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
lol. they're just kids, dude.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
"The personal details of Anonymous 'members' you think you've acquired are, quite simply, nonsense. So why can't you sell this information to the FBI like you intended? Because we're going to give it to them for free."
This is just awesome, lol. I'm not on either side in this, I think both sides have their reasons for what they're doing. But that right there is just awesome, haha :D

AnonOperations

Feb 8, 2011
This is big news:
As some of you know, some Bank of America leaks are soon to be coming out. Anonymous uncovers proposed systematic attacks on Wikileaks. Bank of America attempts to hire firms to attack Wikileaks.

Anyone want to comment on my post about this on page 19?