Anonymous Strikes Back, Hacks "Internet Security" Firm

Tenky

Apr 19, 2010
spartan773 said:
Tenky said:
I want Anonymous to be the global internet authority... they are fair, reasonable, and take no sides, just equality.

Best of all... they're not governed or goverment... they are everyday joes! :)
and we'd all be forced to possibly chastize african-americans and gays and lesbians.

doesn't sound great does it?
Who forces you to anything?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Whateveralot said:
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
They never harmed anyone physically. They just wreck parties, that's all.
Moreover, they're not too good at what they do, they just keep exposing how bad everyone else is, who's supposed to be rock solid professionals protecting the public.

From the sound of it, they broke in using tactics from page 4 of 'Hacking for Dummies'.

Not to disparage what they're doing, but it's sad how little they have to try to get as far as they do.

Also -
shakaar9267 said:
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
I've never heard one claim of them stealing or defrauding anyone for money. Lulz, sure, but not heard of any cases of credit card fraud or the like, and if there are, I imagine it's closer to sending pizzas to someone's house than stealing cash.

Happy to be proven wrong, but all the stories I read are of a bunch of fairly amateur types embarassing our mighty overlords and protectors by showing them how paper thin the walls guarding us are.

But then I'm still mad as hell at the US for still trying to nail our Gary McKinnan as a terrorist, when he's an autistic man who hacked the Pentagon looking for evidence of aliens.

If someone can breeze thru your security yet doesn't steal anything and does no damage, you slap him on the wrist privately, then hire the guy to show you where all your damn sucurity holes are.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
Ok, I'll admit it... while I am not a fan of Anon, those tweets were insanely funny. Well done.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
So, I have a question - if Anonymous is this amorphous blob with no organization...who decides what to put in the open letter?

ender214

Oct 30, 2008
In regard to the last comment, I suppose Hoglund is preparing to fight Anonymous in the same manner that Bush was prepared to fight Al Qaeda.

I jest. I jest.

[sub](not really)[/sub]

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Man that would awesome, pity the next move will probably be something like "FBI captures 50 Anon members who forgot to mask their IP address"

Then Anon will do something else fucking awesome like hacking the American President's Facebook account and changing his status to I suk ballzzzz... Shit now i really want that to happen...
it would be so much easier if THIS was the president

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I don't see why I would ever support the actions of folk like Anonymous (edit: see their very mature behavior on hacked Twitter)

maybe I'm only a rebel when authorities get in my face in person? lol

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
I have to say messing with such a company might not be a smart move.
No matter how good of a hacker you are, theres allways someone whos better.

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Hmm, I'm interested to see how this ends.
Prediction right now: the internet gets turned off. Yes it's an incredibly drastic move, but I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
No, I think it would be more regulated websites. Like no originals just government crap.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Does anyone else feel a movie adaptation coming up?

In all honesty, I think the FBI should just hire Anonymous.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
So a couple of guys that know computer lingo and know how to lie got into an email server. That's it? Sounds like more sensationalism to me. You guys really need to start downplaying this whole "Anonymous gang" stuff. 99% of "Anonymous" are teenagers with too much time on their hands. They are hardly internet rebels. This is coming from a person who regularly posts on /b/.

Anyways, not sure why a couple people with technical knowledge would help a bunch of idiots who used LOIC. Only the most novice of "hackers" use that shit. Ping flooding isn't exactly state of the art.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Go Anonymous!

This is really getting intresting...can't wait to see how it ends.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I can just picture the anonymous members who are doing this: fat, greasy, pizza faces, probably getting off of their "success" (or whatever you wanna call it)

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
teh_Canape said:
jesus what the fuck is going on in my mind
Jesus: I don't know, man... But can I get some of whatever you're smoking?

Me: Yeah, me too?

:p

OT:

...I wonder when Anonymous will do something huge that'll end up with the whole country/world getting a required internet filter/monitor with their computers, watching everything everyone does to look for anyone that might be Anonymous.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
duchaked said:
I don't see why I would ever support the actions of folk like Anonymous

maybe I'm only a rebel when authorities get in my face in person? lol

First they came... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came%E2%80%A6]

At their core, Anon seems to be pushing for true net neutrality (but far be it from me to articulate the will of the horde).

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
Sennz0r said:
Does anyone else feel a movie adaptation coming up?

In all honesty, I think the FBI should just hire Anonymous.
You can't hire an idea. Anon aren't all hackers. Anon is a collection of like-minded people tied solely around an ideology. Even then its loosely based. Some are hackers, many are not.

Sid Meier

Jul 2, 2008
vrbtny said:
I sort of see this as a huge troll wars. I have both respects for both sides, but it is a bit like that.

On a side note -- a challenge for "Anonymous."

'Hey guys? How about putting all your amazing haxoring ability into cracking some terrorists sites? Or China's?

I'm sure the FBI would be your best buds then.
Because Anomynous probably views forcing accountability and transparency to a nation that claims to be the 'leader of the free world' to be of higher importance to those who don't.

That and cracking into China would anger normal Chinese netizens who view it as an declaration of war on their country, it's a "I can hit my brother but you cannot hit my brother" deal.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
How the hell did they get that guys Social Security number? And come to think of it, what are you supposed to do once your social security number has been compromised?

And didn't the Pirate Bay get taken down?