Anonymous Strikes Back, Hacks "Internet Security" Firm

Detective Prince

Feb 6, 2011
Don't worry guys. They'll backtrace it. XD Wow this has been fun to watch. Although you always get the feeling they'll go too far one day and then BANG everyone on the internet is a threat. But for now...Funtimes, eh? =3

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Mantonio said:
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
Dont this people have anything better to do? If they used all that time and energy on legal things they could make lots of money.
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
What crimes, pray tell? Protesting against Scientology? Defending Wikileaks? Revealing a sham of a security company that is taking peoples private information and selling it to the FBI? What?
If revealing what the company was doing was all they did it wouldn't be bad but stealing the guys Identity. Defending Wikileaks is one thing but taking down sites like Pay Pal is illegal.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
I can't help but side with Anonymous right now, I guess I have an overinflated inclination towards underdogs.

So far as I know this is the only organization that is consistently confounding all attempts to shut them down as far as hackers go. It's like watching a super villain at work, I can't help but be entertained.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
It's quite entertaining. It's like a game of chess. Anonymus has made its move, now we'll wait and see what the FBI is going to do next. I can't see Anonymus winning this game in the end,
still it's kind of great that they have the guts to oppose the FBI but like I said, I'm sure that in the end they'll get their asses kicked.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
Dont this people have anything better to do? If they used all that time and energy on legal things they could make lots of money.
tony2077 said:
wow anonymous really needs to be taken out there too dangerous and too good at what they do
Agreed. 'Anonymous' are really just criminals who use ID theft to fund their crimes. Calling themselves 'heroes' is insulting to anybody who works for a living.
I work for a living, and I love Anonymous for being both a source of entertainment and our generations...political activists...or something.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
whats the purpose of this group? All the stories ive read about them just makes me think they are douchebags who just want to bother people.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
vrbtny said:
I sort of see this as a huge troll wars. I have both respects for both sides, but it is a bit like that.

On a side note -- a challenge for "Anonymous."

'Hey guys? How about putting all your amazing haxoring ability into cracking some terrorists sites? Or China's?

I'm sure the FBI would be your best buds then.
Yes, but where are the luls in that?

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
bak00777 said:
whats the purpose of this group? All the stories ive read about them just makes me think they are douchebags who just want to bother people.
They have no purpose, and they're not really a group either.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Tenky said:
I want Anonymous to be the global internet authority... they are fair, reasonable, and take no sides, just equality.

Best of all... they're not governed or goverment... they are everyday joes! :)
and we'd all be forced to possibly chastize african-americans and gays and lesbians.

doesn't sound great does it?

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Wow... the battle continues. Actually I was pretty surprised at the seeming ease with which FBI and Scotland Yard cracked down on some members, and seeing this is actually far less surprising. They probably found some wannabes, but the "real" anon is still thriving. Well, here's to more news about crazy Anon antics.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Sixcess said:
"These people, Adam, they're like ghosts... always in the shadows."

Now if Anonymous could just move up from DDoS attacks to cybernetically augmented agents, that would be awesome.
Hopefully they look like Agent Smith.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
tony2077 said:
They are just fighting for freedom and anarchy in the one place that does not need a government (i'm against anarchy, but trying to rule the internet is just pure idiocy).

If there's anything that i would fight and risk my life for, it is liberty and free speech in the internet. I don't care about my retarded country, other religions, or anything - i belong to the world, and the thing that connects whole world is the internet.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
bak00777 said:
I've found this (admittedly somewhat creepy) video that answers your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IxxywUbM8

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Good luck shutting down a group that only exists in shadows and whispers. If you catch a few, more will take their place.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
teh_Canape said:
The Wykydtron said:
I fucking love Anon's sense of poetic justice, it's just so hilarious to watch

Also your move FBI... Your move...
for some reason, I read that and I instantly pictured Sam Fisher and both red and blue Third Echelons infiltrating into a facility and setting bombs into anonymous' main servers

also, you keep on taunting FBI

they might even create shodan just to take them down

jesus what the fuck is going on in my mind

Man that would awesome, pity the next move will probably be something like "FBI captures 50 Anon members who forgot to mask their IP address"

Then Anon will do something else fucking awesome like hacking the American President's Facebook account and changing his status to I suk ballzzzz... Shit now i really want that to happen...

loch belthadd

Aug 20, 2010
bak00777 said:
That's half of it. The other half is a combination of "because it's funny" and an extreme freedom sort of thing. Also it's not really a group so much as an amorphous blob of people.
There are no leaders, permanent members, or even individual usernames for whoever is involved at the time.

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
shakaar9267 said:
Daemascus said:
tony2077 said:
Oh look everyone, ignorance.

Calling Anonymous a bunch of ID thieves is like calling all Republicans money-grubbing businessmen, or all Democrats abortionists. Its blanket-generalization at its finest.

To say that all of Anon are hackers is also false. Many are just "average" people like your best friend or sister. Its hard to believe, I know. But fear based generalizations aren't always right.

Also, good luck taking down Anon. Its hard to destroy an idea (because thats essentially the only thing tying those who consider themselves Anon together).

Also,
uote="Detective Prince" post="7.263298.9958105"]Don't worry guys. They'll backtrace it. [/quote]

The smart ones use library computers.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Oh, Anonymous... You're so crafty.

Part of me doesn't want to see this escalate any more so governments all over the world don't make a big deal out of it, but part of me really wants to see how it plays out for teh lulz.