Another Dragon Age 2 Unlockable Goes Up For Grabs

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
I couldn't even get the demo, despite the fact I'm almost 19, know the password, and have changed all the settings I can find. Yet still, no M game downloads for me :(

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I've said it before and I'll say it again as much as I may love Dragon Age/Bioware I am not joining Facebook for in game items.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Don't do it guys. Call their bluff. Like they are going to withhold stuff because you won't market their product for them. Eff them.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
i coulndt agree more with lithium jelly and mirrorknight ^^. all this bs offering of ingame items to promote there game for them... its kinda just lame. like i have never seen a game with so many promo offers... the pre order, another pre order one, the demo one, this, and i think there may be more...... oh yeah and the facebook game too, or is that another game? oh well you get what im saying

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
No, just no. Facebook is too intolerable to use, and it being part of this "challenge" is too much.

Sep 14, 2009
sheesh, usually i'm the person making fun of all the anti FB people but bioware, you are really pushing it, the game is coming out in less than two weeks, and you already released the demo, stop! its enough!

(although i see the marketing scheme there..it's quite smart on there part, but heavily annoying on all of are parts)

I get on fb maybe once a week if that, so no thanks.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
I would be very happy if this completly failed, i don't mean just missing out on the item, I mean getting less than 1/2 of the 1mil shares.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Kalezian said:
OT: I'm NOT going to "like" or share any DA2 post, just to be a dick to other DA fans.
How will they know you're being a dick to them?

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
lithium.jelly said:
;_; Bioware, what's happened to you? Evidently you're no longer the developer I loved so. What's up with all this bandwagon jumping you're doing lately? Facebook nonsense, turning your RPGs into thinly disguised shooters... I'm not sure where things will go from here.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
mireko said:
lithium.jelly said:
;_; Bioware, what's happened to you? Evidently you're no longer the developer I loved so. What's up with all this bandwagon jumping you're doing lately? Facebook nonsense, turning your RPGs into thinly disguised shooters... I'm not sure where things will go from here.
Haha, man that was so funny I cried. And it's so true that I cried again.

Mirrorknight

Jul 23, 2009
You know what though, I bet BioWare's been trying to wring more money from their franchises because big papa EA isn't too happy on how much of their cash they're blowing through making The Old Republic MMO. I figured it's also why they bothered to release Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 when they know they wouldn't be able to do so with the first, due to exclusivity agreements with Microsoft.

If I'm right, well, it sucks, but I couldn't totally blame EA on wanting BioWare to make some more money to make up for what they're spending.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
I actually have no problem with this, unlike most of the whiners around here. Here is my impression of my friends that I'm supposedly annoying: "Huh, another Dragon Age share...ok *scrolls down the page*"

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
lithium.jelly said:
C'mon.

Wanting more social interactivity between their players is hardly a thing to cause such dismay as this.

I understand not liking or not understand the way Bioware is evolving their games, that is one thing, but trying to get their fans to show they like it publicly, to get excited and spread the word, how is that offensive to practically every person in this thread? When did so many get so bitter?

If you don't use facebook for this kind of thing or just don't care, that's fine. There's no need to post vitriol about facebook or bioware like they're some kind of soulless money sucking machines. They provide useful services that millions of people enjoy.

OT: Personally, I don't use facebook for anything but keeping track of my immediate family and friends plans (its faster than calling them all!), and I don't think I'd care to take part in this.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Can Bioware stop with these unlockable DLC?
It is getting as annoying as spam mails.

unless EA force them to choose bewteen using EA's marketing team or this type of marketing. If that is the case I much rather this type.

Xannieros

Jul 29, 2008
I'm tired of facebook being everywhere, and now it invades my gamer realm. Booooo.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Suskie said:
Forget it, I'm not doing that. Downloading an awesome demo is one thing; annoying my friends is something else entirely.
This. If they think a demo will sell their game and they want to get a demo out to more people, I have absolutely no problem with that. If they just want to reward us for creating artificial hype and advertising for them over social networks, I'm not on board. I didn't have to bother anyone to play the demo.

Especially not for a single in-game item. If the item isn't good, this was a waste of time. If it is particularly good, giving it at the beginning of the game seems like a poor design decision. There's pretty much no winning.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
lithium.jelly said:
At this point I am more worried about the one year development cycle they seem to be giving their games (Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3), spreading their team thin (various DLC projects WHILE working on the game) than the marketing ploys they seem to employ.
That being said the company hasn't changed that much. From the days of Bioware games have been more and more "dumbed down" - KOTOR was great, but in no way as complex as BG, then we had Jade Empire, basicly a hack and slash and after that Mass Effect. All of them good games, but Bioware trend seems to be to simplify the games than making them more complex. Which is probably the reason why they are still in business and Sir-Tech and Black Isle aren't. Not the influence of the EA daemon as some suggest.

TwitchyGamer101 said:
I'm tired of facebook being everywhere, and now it invades my gamer realm. Booooo.
Just wait until you have to log in with your facebook account.

KzoR

Sep 16, 2010
Just give us a good game... I fear they made it into some action hack and slash with rpg elements. Everyone say goodbye to DA1 style...

Hyperleo

Oct 30, 2010
Just a heads up, you can share the thing and customize it so it won't show to the people you don't want to annoy. Particularly easy if you've already put people into a group when you friended them.